SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trent Lott to the woodshed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Trent Lott to the woodshed Reply with quote

I was going to post something relating to Trent Lott's dissing of "talk radio" but let the moment pass.

Michelle Malkin hasn't...(btw...Michelle has a newly revamped website...check it out)

Michelle Malkin wrote:
Trent Lott and his ilk are on a suicide mission. Will they bring the GOP–and the country–down without a fight?

Michelle Malkin
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult for me to accept that someone with a conservative background like Lott said this, but he did. Any advocacy of limiting free speech must be opposed. Be it the 'un'Fairness Doctrine, McCain/Feingold Campaign reform or what.

If Lott truly sees Talk Radio as such a Problem, perhaps it is he who is out of step with us, the American Voter. After all, we listen to various Talk Radio hosts, not to be told what to do, but because these various hosts agree with us and for the most part, share our values.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
It's difficult for me to accept that someone with a conservative background like Lott said this, but he did. Any advocacy of limiting free speech must be opposed. Be it the 'un'Fairness Doctrine, McCain/Feingold Campaign reform or what.

If Lott truly sees Talk Radio as such a Problem, perhaps it is he who is out of step with us, the American Voter. After all, we listen to various Talk Radio hosts, not to be told what to do, but because these various hosts agree with us and for the most part, share our values.

Liberals believe otherwise, Lew.

In their arrogance, they believe Conservatives are being led by talk radio hosts.

Lott apparently has bought into their supposed intellectual superiority and now is one of them.

That's a shame.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed. I always thought better of Lott than that.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't believe it was Lott saying this either. Another one bites the dust.

Dusty
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been a Trent Lott fan for a long time.
Trent Lott is one of the porkiest porkers in the Senate.

Quote:
Lott defends road project funded by Katrina bill

WASHINGTON — The powerful Mississippi Senate delegation is using a mammoth bill funding hurricane relief and the war in Iraq to have taxpayers foot the $700 million bill for closing a just-rebuilt rail line along Mississippi's Gulf Coast.
The track, running east-west through virtually every city and town along the coast, was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. CSX Transportation and its insurers just spent about $300 million repairing it.

Now, Mississippi GOP Sens. Thad Cochran and Trent Lott want to tear it up again and use the right of way to build a new highway along the congested coastline. Cochran is chairman of the Appropriations Committee, which approved the project Tuesday as part of a $107 billion-plus measure funding the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and additional hurricane relief.

Critics are blasting the move as a power play by the Mississippians, accusing them of using the must-pass Iraq and Katrina bill to advance a home-state project that's hardly an emergency. But Mississippi officials say a new road would be important to the future economy of the coast.

Lott vigorously defended the rail-line plan: "I'll just say this about the so-called porkbusters. I'm getting damn tired of hearing from them. They have been nothing but trouble ever since Katrina."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002911266_watch05.html

"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly one of the things we hate most from the left - attaching pork to necessities. Why would we think we'd hate it any less when it comes from a professed conservative? Confused

Quote:
"I'll just say this about the so-called porkbusters. I'm getting damn tired of hearing from them. They have been nothing but trouble ever since Katrina."

I'll bet they have, Senator! Laughing As they fully intended to be when you elected folks forget that we elected you to eliminate pork, not add to it!

Get over yerself, Senator, and get with the program!

Unlike Democrats, who are treated like the second coming of the Savior by other liberals, being Republican doesn't make you immune to criticism from conservatives!
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the likes of Lindseed Graham and Trent Lott, the Republcan party is beginning to morph into some kind of Demo-Rhino crowd. How sad!
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for the vast right wing conspiracy to take back the republican party!
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

four-niner delta wrote:
Because of the likes of Lindseed Graham and Trent Lott, the Republcan party is beginning to morph into some kind of Demo-Rhino crowd. How sad!

Don't forget Arlen Spector, Chuck Hagel, John Warner, the 2 ladies from Maine, and John McCain .....and more....
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes on and on with these so-called repubs. Time for me to register as an Independent. I've been a registered Republican since 1964 (Barry Goldwater).
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
AMOS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Hagel? I hope they (the Nebraskans) do! LOL. What an absolute CLOWN. Born and raised in Nebr. and a bit ashamed to admit it.
Snipe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Goldwater was the first candidate that I voted for for president in
'64 too. The other one was Ronald Reagan for Governor of California.
I got to vote for him four times - twice for governor and twice for president.

The only time that I haven't voted for the Republican for president was when Wallace ran. I went downtown LA and voted absentee with three other guys because we were deploying before election day. I didn't really think that Wallace could win, but I wasn't a happy camper with either Nixon or McGovern. I surely hope that we will have a candidate that I can get behind. I think that all the present wannabes will burn out long before the election though.
MrYack
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

four-niner delta wrote:

Quote:

Senator Graham has morphed into Fritz Hollings I believe - unfortunately.

The sentiment among conservatives in the state, I believe, is that he must be replaced. There is a huge amount of discontent with him.

It'll probably get worse before it gets better, i.e., Sen. Graham may lose to a dem before we get this straightened out.

I simply do not understand how you can abandon your core principles so quickly. Its astonishing to watch. But then again he is simply a politician.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lott's history in my book.........so much for south mississippi NEXT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: