SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rush Limbaugh: "Kerry's Firefighter Union Pals..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Rush Limbaugh: "Kerry's Firefighter Union Pals..." Reply with quote

I was going to post this in the Geedunk topic, but this Kerry-smackdown belongs right here...good on ya Rush...

Quote:
Story #8: Kerry's Firefighter Union Pals Attack Rudy

RUSH: Here's this Rudy and the firefighters story. This is fascinating. The International Association of Firefighters yesterday afternoon in New York "released a video full of angry testimony belittling Rudy Giuliani's support of New York City firefighters." They're mad as hell, claiming Rudy is running around claiming he was a big leader and pulling everything together after 9/11, and he didn't do diddly-squat. Firefighters died, Rudy didn't care, blah, blah, blah. So this is being compared to the swift-boat attack. The news on this is portraying the Giuliani camp as seeking to avoid a Kerry-type mistake. Don't worry, media. There's no comparison between John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and Rudy Giuliani, because Rudy is not a wuss. He's going to punch back at this.

You know what Kerry's problem was? What the swift boat guys were saying was true! I keep hearing all this, "He should've fought back." What was he going to say? Nobody has discredited anything the swift boat veterans said! The big problem is if somebody charges you with something and it's true, what are you going to do? You do what Kerry did: you try to ignore it. You don't elevate it so that it gets any more attention. The problem is the swift boat guys kept running the ads, and the Drive-By Media asked, "When are you going to fight back?" Kerry was saying, "When are you going to defend me? I shouldn't have to fight back. You Drive-Bys are on my side. When are you going to attack the swift boat guys?" Then the Drive-Bys, "Okay, we will."

So they tried to attack the swift boat guys, and the swift boat guys were undaunted. They were undeterred. They had the facts on their side. It's amazing what you can do when you have the facts, when you have the truth, and when the people you're talking about know it and can't refute it. All they can do is say, "This is out of place in American politics! Why, this is hitting below the belt. Why, this is unkind. This is just uncalled for," blah, blah, blah, blah. That's all you can do, and then you're kind of toast.

And speaking of the International Association of Firefighters, guess who was their candidate in 2004? Ah, John Kerry (who served in Vietnam). They were all over the Kerry campaign in '04. "The IAFF backed Kerry in 2004, helping salvage a listing campaign in the primaries. IAFF President Harold Schaitberger was a constant fixture behind Kerry as he took the stage in Iowa, New Hampshire and other arenas to claim victory on his way to winning the nomination.... The first blow from Team Giuliani came in a release mocking the union as the 'International Association of Partisan Politics' and showing pictures of Schaitberger standing with Kerry. The campaign pointed out that the IAFF has supported Democratic presidential candidates since 1988. Giuliani's campaign also pointed out that Schaitberger has held a number of roles in Democratic organizations and has contributed financially only to Democratic candidates."

Don't forget the firefighters that called here. Remember the firefighters that booed Mrs. Clinton? This is another one of these union things, where the leadership's coming out and saying, "Firefighters hate Rudy. Firefighters think Rudy is a phony baloney, plastic banana, good time rock 'n' roller." The rank-and-file doesn't all think that, but the leadership does. So Rudy's fighting back. It's not going to be anywhere near the swift-boat thing because Rudy can fight back with facts and figures.

Rush Limbaugh
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I recall, a rather large number of Firefighters started their own site opposing John Fraud Kerry and stating they were not in agreement with the Union leaders who endorsed Kerry.

http://www.firefightersforbush.com/

Although Rudy isn't my first choice, I wonder if the same thing is happening this time around?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find Lew...I remember that as one of the things that quieted sKerry down over that summer. and the typical union with union leadership (w/paid thugs) supporting the Dems, and union members pretty well split down the middle and un biased.

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: