SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Democrats Vow All-Night Session on Iraq"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: "Democrats Vow All-Night Session on Iraq" Reply with quote

We have honest-to-God petulant children in charge of a branch of our government. Has political theatre EVER been so blatant? What an embarrassment...

Quote:
Democrats Vow All-Night Session on Iraq
Jul 17, 12:20 AM (ET)
By ANNE FLAHERTY

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate this week will pull its first all-night debate on the Iraq war in advance of a vote on whether to bring home combat troops by next spring, Democrats said Monday.

The rare, round-the-clock session Tuesday night through Wednesday morning is intended to bait Republicans into an exhaustive debate on the politically unpopular war, as well as punish GOP members for routinely blocking anti-war legislation.

"How many sleepless nights have our soldiers and their families had?" said Democratic Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

MyWay - cont'd
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Political theater indeed, Me#1.

Rolling Eyes

Of course, it will accomplish nothing.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been more disappointed in both parties than I have been these past couple of years. I am so damn tired of everything being politized! Where was standing up for what is right and wrong in the world has gone so wrong?

I wonder how the democrats and rogue republicans expect the Iraqi's people to secure their borders, when we, the richest, bravest country in the world as YET to secure our borders EVEN AFTER a terrorist attack that killed 3,000 of it's own citizens? We can not even get certain parts of our own cities safe for our innocent children who's parents live on the goverment, we only have two parties and can not get them agree to support the troops and win a war on terrorism, yet we expect 3 different muslin groups come together and somehow be friends and agree on everything. We somehow expect the Iraqi people to know the good guys from the bad guys yet we have several Muslin groups and non-muslims (ACLU) groups in our own country working against us - so how in the hell do we expect a country who is so uncertain of who will support them - because they knew from the beginning that the American word from an American Senator can not be kept. Sad...Sad...Sad.

How can we expect the Iraqi's to do what we have yet been unable to accomplish in our country?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we all knew. Nothing accomplished.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QF34Q80&show_article=1

Senate Scuttles Troop Withdrawal Bill
Jul 18 11:30 AM US/Eastern

By ANNE FLAHERTY
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Republicans on Wednesday scuttled a Democratic proposal ordering troop withdrawals from Iraq in a showdown that capped an all- night debate on the war.

The 52-47 vote fell short of the 60 votes needed to cut off debate under Senate rules. It was a sound defeat for Democrats who say the U.S. military campaign, in its fifth year and requiring 158,000 troops, cannot tame the sectarian violence in Iraq.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to make a point of skipping the inevitable post-petulance, fatigued, doing the courageous Senatorial work for.the.people, melancholic Harry Reid media-interview paean. I know it's out there...somewhere.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to Harry Reid makes my blood boil.
For health reasons I can't listed to him or Pelosi or several other of the certifiable idiots flap their gums.

Even though it's been obvious for a few years now that we would get to this point it's still so sad to actually be here watching it happen again.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: