SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fred ain't dead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Fred ain't dead. Reply with quote

For me, Fred Thompson made quite an impression on Jay Lemo last night.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fred ain't dead. Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:

...as did my credit card on a contribution form to his campaign Wink

Quote:

Thank you for your generous contribution. We’re in this race to win and your support is helping us bring to our fellow American the message of change and a call to return to the principles of our founding heritage. It’s critical that we address our nation’s challenges through the core ideals of self-governance, free markets, and the rule of law.

I believe there is a real sense across our country that we’re tired of the same old petty politics. Our fellow Americans want to see some real change. They want it in Washington, and they want it closer to home. They want a better future for themselves and for their families.

We can do it.

Thank you again for your encouragement and support.

GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fred ain't dead. Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:

Amos, Fred is the strongest of the bunch and poses the greatest challenge to the Democratic nominee. Thus, the media will be very rough on him.

To be honest Fred could have stayed out till next year and still whipped the current field, but I am sure Newt told him to get in otherwise he was entering.

Also be prepared for the media to always call him the former Law & Order star as opposed to the former senator from Tennessee. I think this will benefit Fred though as Kennedy was the last senator to make President. The public cannot stand senators.

The political brains in my family (one of them a repub delegate) feel Thompson will name Giuliani VP, because it gives him strength in the north east and in particular Pennsylvania.

My money is on JC Watts of Oklahoma.

In June, I purchased thompsonwatts08.net and .org and thompsonwatts.net and .org.

.com was purchased on April 19 2007, whereas my purchases were made on June 28, 2007

thompsongiuliani08.com was purchased by someone June 13, 2007
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask if your speculating it may turn into something hot & profitable for you, GenrXr? I'm only curious, nothing more.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
May I ask if your speculating it may turn into something hot & profitable for you, GenrXr? I'm only curious, nothing more.

...and I'll speculate that GenrXr is performing a public service in being sure that the domains are kept safe in reputable hands Wink
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer a brat #1. LOL
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:

Bought them after a heated conversation with someone in my family over who Thompson would name as his VP. It was a put your money where your mouth is thing. Talked with this family member today and now they are changing their tune and think it would be a good choice to pick Watts. Funny.

As for money? If he chooses Watts the 4 domain names are worth at least a photograph. Smile
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about ThompsonHunter08.com or ThompsonSteele08.com?

I could live with either of those as well Wink Wink
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
How about ThompsonHunter08.com or ThompsonSteele08.com?

I could live with either of those as well Wink Wink

I like Hunter, yet he is too "white". Even though Watts is not African and is an American, he is "black" enough! Such is the racism of the Left we must conquer and this election can be a great start.

With Watts along side Thompson, the racism of the elite power brokers of the Left against Watts will be enlightening for many.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck & hope you win that bet GenrXr! Sly pup you, lol!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:

Hope so! Wink
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
And the entertainment value of having a Swiftie influence in the middle of the '08 election will be priceless! Hold out for more than a photograph, that's for sure! if nothing else, a tagline on the front page of the site oughta do it....We'll all be eternally grateful and immensely amused!...start to work on that tagline soon! and keep us posted! DimHeads exploding is my favorite sound, along with the whine that goes with it!
Blue Sky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to alert you to another vets site: www.vets4fred.net.

There seems to be a growing support for him. Glad to see support here.

Once again, THANK YOU to each of you for your service to America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: