SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sen. Larry Craig What?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Sen. Larry Craig What? Reply with quote

Have any of you been following the fiasco concerning Senator Craig? Now Republicans are asking him to resign because he was "accused" of soliciting for homosexual sex in a bathroom over 3 months ago.

The evidence is that his foot touched the person in the stall next to him. What? This sounds like a Democrat witch hunt to me. Why are Republicans falling for this stunt?

And why is the Democrat [whats his face] still in the house that was caught with money in his freezer? I don't understand how the media and the politicians are getting away with these made up scandals, double standards and much adoo about nothing. I guess there is a sucker voter born every day. Embarassed

So what do you all think?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sen. Craig's integrity and reputation have been savaged beyond rehabilitation. I'm afraid he's gotta go.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who does Craig think that he is? Barney Frank?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a caller on Hannity's Show today, it sounds as if the voters in Idahao will be taking care of him on their own.

What hurts Craig the most is that he pled guilty. What concerns me about it is that it was misdemeanor they let him plead to. CNN said they have a tape of the interview of Craig and he said he was solicited by the officer. Fox News has a transcript of the interview at Craig Interview. The Cop neither denies or admits soliciting him.

Everytime we hear of this happening and Republicans demand ouster right away, I fear it makes the Democrats charge of corruption seem very true, while they deny their own and cover it up.

I'm no big fan of Craig, but his pleading guilty and tying to hide this and then the lame excuses he first made just don't look good.

I think I am going to sit back and let the voters take care of him.

If, as I heard, the RNC is considering demanding his resignation, I can think of a few others they should demand leave as well if not before.
Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Who does Craig think that he is? Barney Frank?

He's no Barney Frank, but he plays one in mens rooms....or as Chris Matthews said "he's a hypocrite and a pervert". I guess Chris has become a member of a Baptist church recently, or plays one on TV!
Try to find the audio of the Police interview of Craig and the FBI agent....in order to believe that Craig wasn't lying, you'd have to believe that the FBI agent is a Stooge of the Clinton Filegate team.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that he has announced his resignation, will the lamestream media begin reporting on yet another Chinese making improper campaign donations to a Clinton be reported?

I'm not holding my breath
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I'm a dinosaur, terriby un-hip, and ignorant (apparently) about the gay world. So I'm awfully confused about what just happened, and didn't happen... I think the political ramifications have totally obscured the undelying reality of something much more serious...

Ostensibly the police set up a sting operation at that airport because crimes were being regularly committed there. My first point of confusion is that I'm not entirely certain what the crime being targeted was. If the "crime" was merely solicitation of sex between gays, with the sex being performed elsewhere, then as repungent as that is to me, I don't think it was a crime and worthy of a police sting operation. BUT, if the sting was set up because it's part of the gay culture to solicit and perform gay sex in a public restroom, then I'm flabbergasted, baffled, confused, and disappointed that all the public attention was directed on Craig, and not on the underlying very serious problem revealed in the story.

Because if that's happening in one airport, what reason do we have to believe that it's not happening at every airport in the country? And every bus station? And every public library? And, in fact, every public restroom, of any kind? Why isn't the public indignation focused on this outrageous behavior that would appear to be widespread, instead of only on one man (who just happens to be an R)?

I truly don't understand the gay "culture." I admit I find the whole subject repugnant. But I really guess I don't care what consenting adults do in private if it harms no one else. However, I care greatly if we've gotten to the point where public sex (and possible exposure to children) between any gender matching has become "acceptable" (PC?). It does seem from the underlying between-the-lines undertone of the whole story that this particular issue of sex in public restrooms is a peculiarly gay phenomenon.

So my question and point is: why isn't there public outrage over what apparently is going on in public restrooms all over the country? Why was this story manipulated into only a story about a Republican Senator?

Which brings me to my next point of confusion. I admire the Republicans for publicly declaring that they are for family and moral values (however, imperfect, as humans, they are in attaining that goal). But often, as was the case here, they really do set themselves up for self-flaggelation that we don't see on the other side of the aisle. In the past week I've seen no end of so-called Democratice "strategists" and supporters chortle about the supposed hypocracy of the Republicans, and then declare that Democrats don't get into this kind of trouble because (in effect) they have no moral or family values as a part of their platform. Say what?????

Why in the H___ isn't the public upset about this no-value Democratic position? Why aren't the Republicans hammering that theme home instead of exercising self-flaggelation?

Yep, I'm awfully confused...
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK,
I am somewhat familiar with the "gay" culture but the problem of solicting sex in public restrooms is not strictly a gay thing. In Las Vegas they set up these stings at the airport frequenctly and nab many more heterosexual actors than gay. The sting is supposed to solve a problem of public lewdness but more often than not the cases in Las Vegas were handled more as a traffic citation rather than arrests. This appears to be how Craig's was handled and in a moment of poor judgement he chose the quick solution of pleading guilty to a lessor charge to make it all go away. In hind sight I am sure he wishes he had done differently. I do question the news worthyness of this story, and if it was so blown up to cover something that hasn't been told, something that probably would have caused a democrat problems?? Like the Chinese gentleman and what he was involved in??
Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuH?
USAFES,

I'm sorry, I'm dense....please explain how a heterosexual solicits sex in a Mens' Room????

Deuce
more confused now than before
Snipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peoria has always had a lively prostitution trade. From time to time, the
Peoria Police Department has prostitution stings and they publish the johns names in the local paper. I guess that the idea is to keep the whole thing down to a low roar. Oddly enough, the main redlight pickup spot is on Adams St. across the street from the Police Department main building.
The idea is to provide maximum embarassment to the johns so maybe, just maybe, they will get the idea that picking up prostitutes isn't the thing to do. It looks like the good Senator got himself involved in a similar situation. His real problem is the complete denial. In the position that he's in, that could make him a real target for blackmail.

And yeah. I would really like to hear more about these democrat fundraisers. Seems that only Republicans can screw up.

Ever remember the days when the 11th - 12th Naval District "Off Limits" list was considered a "tour guide"?
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Barney Frank did not step up and support Craig. In fact the Dems should have tried to enlist him into the Dem party. In fact where was the whole gay. lesbian, transgender alliance on this topic.

It just makes me want to puke at the two faced attitudes of the left wing organizations when an issue they support, affects a Republican. As soon as that happens they disappear.

Don't the Dems have a congressman from Louisiana who is indicted for money laundering, found with "cold" money. Why hasn't he resigned??

Two faced pukes is what they are...
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you like Craig or not, his Constitutional rights were grossly violated.

Section 6 of the Preamble of the Constitution says "They (Members of Congress) shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

This part of the Constitution came about when our elected representatives rode horses from their home to the Seat of Congress at the Capital. The purpose was that states they passed through had a habit of arresting Senators and Congressmen on petty minor trumped up charges so that they would sit in jail for a week and couldn't vote on issues that might go against the interests of the state.

The cop did not have the right to arrest Craig.
Nothing else matters. The Senator had immunity from arrest.
This is a Constitutional "Get Out Of Jail Free" Card.
It was the first thing put in. Even before the Bill of Rights.
This was a result of problems and lessons learned before the Constitution ever got adopted.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
HuH?
USAFES,

I'm sorry, I'm dense....please explain how a heterosexual solicits sex in a Mens' Room????

Deuce
more confused now than before

Yea, I don't get it either. That is why I think it is no big deal to touch someones foot especially in a mensroom. I have seen my husband take a wide stance to keep his pants from falling on the floor. Embarassed Razz That is a WIDE stance.

And people keep saying he pleaded guilty so he must be guilty of trolling for sex. He pleaded guilty for disorderly conduct [invading the other persons stall].

And I did hear the interview with the FBI agent. Craig sounded totally honest. His foot touched, [so what?] and he picked up a piece of paper in the other stall [so what?]. It is totally political.

BTW, if my husband is ever accused of trolling for sex in a mens bathroom because he picked up a piece of paper and touched a foot, you have not seen disorderly conduct until then.
AMOS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I heard the story correctly, Craig was in the stall to the left of the cop. He used his left hand, with wedding band, to reach under the wall to his right. That would take a little more effort and hardly be accidental.

I dunno.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting sick and tired of these narcissists who rule the country. Democrats can all be gay and without any morality, but there has to be a balance to the moral vacuum of the left and Craig has not done his part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: