SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftboats: Schedule of Swift Veteran Appearances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Swiftboats: Schedule of Swift Veteran Appearances Reply with quote

Monday, August 9, 2004

7:40 am: Former Kerry crew member Steve Gardner will appear on WOR radio in New York.

8:40 pm: Steve Gardner will appear on the Kevin Miller Show (talk radio, WPTF).

11:00 am: Steve Gardner will appear on Battle Line with Alan Nathan (talk radio, national).

8:00 pm: Steve Gardner will appear on the Bill O'Reilly Show (Fox News cable TV, national).

9:00 pm: John O'Neill will appear on the Hannity & Colmes (Fox News cable TV, national).

---------- Wednesday, August 11, 2004

8:05 am: Steve Gardner will appear on the Brad Crantz Show (talk radio, Burlington, NC).
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these times New York Time?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna,

Looks like those times are Eastern because I'm Central and O'Reilly is on at 7 p.m. here, followed by H&C at 8. I know what I'll be doing this evening!
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly was very negative about this last week. He has said he knows and likes Kerry, so he will attempt to shoot down anything negative. The fact that Steve Gardner is going on is good, just hope O'Reilly doesn't get his sometimes self-righteous attitude.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly appearance Reply with quote

Steve Gardner should prep for this interview. Professional interviewers like O'Reilly can make monkeys out of an honest man. If I were Steve, I would write out the points I wanted to make and then have somebody role play with me and ask me aggressive and unfriendly questions, so I would never be caught having to formulate my answer "on the fly".

Questions like:

Q: Why should we believe you? Are you saying John Kerry is lying?

A: Examine the statements John Kerry has made in Congress, in interviews, in official Navy documents and in his books. These statements are often mutually contradictory. They cannot all be true. You don't have to believe me. Just look at John Kerry's own words.

Q; Give me one example.

A: In his book, John Kerry relates how he had shrapnel and rice blown into his buttocks by a grenade during a shore operation. A grenade he had thrown himself to destroy the rice while no enemy action was taking place. Later, in his Purple Heart application, he officially reported this injury as having come from a water mine explosion and that he also bruised his arm when he was thown off balance by the force of the mine. In his Bronze Star application resulting from that same incident, he reports that he dragged Jim Rassman back into the boat using his wounded and "bleeding" arm. So which of these stories is true? The Swift veterans who were there say that only the first story is true and that his applications for the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star are fabrications.

Q: Why do his crewmembers tell a different story.

A: In the case of Kerry's Silver Star, each and every member of Kerry's crew received a citation for valor: two Bornze Star's and three Navy Commendation's with V device. This is the highest number of medals ever awarded to a single Swift crew for a single action. There are many conflicting versions of exactly what took place during this action. But even if you take the most favorable story as the truth, this minor, commonplace firefight hardly qualified for the flood of medals that were awarded. This is clearly a case of "medal inflation" - one from which all participants benefited. What should his crewmembers do now, admit they lied?

O'Reilly isn't ging to let Steve tell his story in his own words. I suspect he won't even be all that interested in Steve's personal experiences. He is going to put the Swift veterans on trial and Steve needs to be prepared to testify.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Mr. Gardner gets the ideas you proposed. They are excellent.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr. O'Reilly got slammed with e-mails from vets. I know I e-mailed him along with several other people who post here. I also e-mailed several Fox shows and CBS shows...NBC and ABC are my next targets. We all need to send out e-mails on why we want these men to be heard and why is John Kerry so afraid of. President Bush took the high ground on MM propaganda movie and the DNC embraced this idiot! Yet, swiftvets are getting slammed by both the DNC, liberal media and Kerry campaign. Well I am letting all these news sources to let Americans decide not the news media. They are to report the news..now withhold it, no slant it, just tell it. There are a lot of us out there if we just take a few minutes. You can always send the same e-mail to each one...just block and copy! I want John Kerry off from my back as a vet. He can ride someone elses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: