SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Giggle for the day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Giggle for the day. Reply with quote

Just read in Des Moines Register, Dennis Kookinich stands 4 feet 9 inches tall. I laughed out loud. Easier to step over him than to go around. What a force he'd be as prez.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...no giggles here Amos. Making light of someone's God-given physical characteristics is decidedly humorless where I come from.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, #1. My Dad was very strict about poking fun at others, especially over something they have no control over.

Physical size really has no bearing on the worth or worthlessness of a person.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on the net somewhere that a person's stature might best be measured from the neck up.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Giggle for the day. Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
Just read in Des Moines Register, Dennis Kookinich stands 4 feet 9 inches tall. I laughed out loud. Easier to step over him than to go around. What a force he'd be as prez.

Speaking as a person who is a little over 6 ft tall, when I hit the ground after slipping or falling on or whatever reason, the ground seems to be a lot harder when I hit it, than it was when I was shorter before I grew up.

I noticed that while in high school, not recently!!

He will be alright as long as he does not allow it, the fact that he is a bit shorter, to affect him.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK,
I'm with you....we also tend to hit harder on any slips on stairways!

As long as we're on the subject of 'insignificance'....that's what Pete Stark(D-CA) became after the failed vote to censure him...at which time he finally apologized for smearing the troops and the president the other day. the thread over on http://www.freerepublic.com (breaking news) is worth a read.

and on a side note
What did the bartender say when a reprobate, a gigolo, and a traitor walked into his establishment?

"The usual, Mr. Cary?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: