SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBC refuses to air ad thanking troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: NBC refuses to air ad thanking troops Reply with quote

NBC refuses to air ads submitted by Freedom's Watch thanking the troops.

See the ads at http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2007/12/019213.php

Unbelievable.

Act accordingly.

Spread the word.

-- FDL
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know how to get in touch with people at NBC. Does anyone have any email addresses? I've watched that ad, and think it is certainly NOT controversial. I want to give them a piece of my mind.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
I'd like to know how to get in touch with people at NBC. Does anyone have any email addresses? I've watched that ad, and think it is certainly NOT controversial. I want to give them a piece of my mind.

I just suggested elsewhere navywife that people boycott General Electric the approving parent company of NBC. Its even more important to do since they are one of the prime military contractors to the military.

garryowen
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE seems to be biding their time with the Peacock Network. They're waiting to see the revenues on the Olympics (and the general election) and put the bird up for sale. $200B is the asking price. Meanwhile the network seems determined to destroy value in the brand with a definite leftward slant on the flagship and dumpster diving on the wretched MSNBC. Where their Neilsen's on primetime and day time falls I'm sure I don't care.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key to fighting them effectively (as opposed to being just - justifiably - outraged) is to research whether they have ever run ads with a web site address of the ad's sponsor (which was NBC's first stated objection), and whether any such ads with web sites were in any manner politically connected (which was NBC's second stated objection). I don't know, but I have a hunch that NBC will miserably fail this test. Then and only then, can someone "out" NBC for making a political decision and destroy their claim that they're hiding behind a policy decision. I'm sure that there are probably good folks already working this "outing," but until it is done, NBC will only hide behind their "policy."

Funny thing, though, how NBC and MSNBC have no problems at all with voicing their own political opinions as a part of their regular "news" broadcasts.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I don't know, but I have a hunch that NBC will miserably fail this test.

A claim that "new policy" has been implemented will make short work of evidence of hypocrisy. When the Soros left starts to throw tons of money at NBC for political ads, NBC may live to rue this day.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot off the wires... According to Drudge (no story yet, just headlines) at 1:48 CST, NBC has reversed its decision.

More evidence that the liberal echo chamber might be broken? ... that they thought they'd be liberal heroes (they probably were to the far left) by refusing the ad, but have now heard from "The American People" that they so often say they represent...???
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Hot off the wires... According to Drudge (no story yet, just headlines) at 1:48 CST, NBC has reversed its decision.

I'm almost sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to them implementing their (cough) policy across the board as the campaign $$$'s begin to pour into the other networks' coffers.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR did a segment on the ad the other night & let it be known he was going to research whether they had accepted other ads similair to it & take things from there. So, maybe that helps?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...and that might be another downside of NBC's capitulation. I'll have to listen to O'Reilly crow about it ad nauseam.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox News also reporting NBC Reverses Course, Agrees to Air Troop 'Thank You' Ad

NBC released a statement, "We have reviewed and changed our ad standards guidelines and made the decision that our policy will apply to content only and not to a referenced Web site. Based on these amended standards the Freedom's Watch ad will begin to run as early as Sunday."

Now, to tune out O'Reilly crowing that he did it. Confused Rolling Eyes
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Yeah...and that might be another downside of NBC's capitulation. I'll have to listen to O'Reilly crow about it ad nauseam.

<handing #1 a gallon bottle of pepto bismal......
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

NBC may have reversed its decision, but you just know that it was done without really wanting to.
They are, after all, part of the MSM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: