SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not talked about enough: Kerry bugged out in 4 mos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Not talked about enough: Kerry bugged out in 4 mos Reply with quote

A lot has been said about the circumstances surrounding Kerry's medals. That aside, I am disturbed by the circumstances surrounding Kerry's departure from Vietnam. It bothers me that Kerry cut his tour short after a four months.

We all know the stories of combat veterans HIDING their injuries so they wouldn't be ordered off the field. We all know of men perservering under terrible circumstances, so devoted are they, if not to the mission, to the men with whom they serve.

I have recently seen young men at Walter Reed with arms and legs gone, with parts of their face missing or disfigured, bravely struggling with the pain of their injuries, valiantly learning to live with their losses....and not complaining. What they want, if you ask them, is to RETURN TO THE FIELD to back up their buddies. They have earned their ticket home, and their great regret is that they had to leave their comrades-in-arms behind. You talk to guys who have rotated back to the States, especially the ones who have lost a member of their unit...they want to go back. They want to see it through.

Contrast John Kerry and the treatment of his "band of brothers."

This fits with his 20-year voting record. I would not want my son or daughter "left on the field" by President Kerry.
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Not talked about enough: Kerry bugged out in 4 mos Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
I would not want my son or daughter "left on the field" by President Kerry.

Nobody will be in the "field" with President Kerry. He will abondon Iraq and Afghanistan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: