SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coulter:'Straight Talk' Express...Scenic Route to Truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Coulter:'Straight Talk' Express...Scenic Route to Truth Reply with quote

I had long ago relegated the to-do over Bush's alleged anti-McCain "dirty tricks" in the 2000 South Carolina primary to politically inspired "he said, she said" irrelevance. However, what I was not aware of (and if Ms. Coulter is assumed to be correct in her reportage...which I do) was that this alleged "dirty trick" episode, about which today's media carps on incessantly, was, in fact, found to be without substance by no less than the LOS ANGELES TIMES!

Here's a great read from Anne Coulter made all that more memorable by her taking McCain to task for his despicable slur on the Swiftvets...

Quote:
'Straight Talk' Express Takes Scenic Route to Truth
by Ann Coulter
01/23/2008

John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk.

<snip>

And I might lie if I had called the ads of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth "dishonest and dishonorable."

<snip>

McCain started and fanned the vicious anti-Bush myth that, before the 2000 South Carolina primary, the Bush campaign made phone calls to voters calling McCain a "liar, cheat and a fraud" and accusing him of having an illegitimate black child.

On the thin reed of a hearsay account, McCain immediately blamed the calls on Bush. "I'm calling on my good friend George Bush," McCain said, "to stop this now. He comes from a better family. He knows better than this."

Bush denied that his campaign had anything to do with the alleged calls and, in a stunningly magnanimous act, ordered his campaign to release the script of the calls being made in South Carolina.

Bush asked McCain to do the same for his calls implying that Bush was an anti-Catholic bigot, but McCain refused. Instead, McCain responded with a campaign commercial calling Bush a liar on the order of Bill Clinton...

<snip>

After massive investigations by the Los Angeles Times and investigative reporter Byron York, among others, it turned out that neither of the alleged calls had ever been made by the Bush campaign -- nor, it appeared, by anyone else. There was no evidence that any such calls had ever been made, which is unheard of when hundreds of thousands of "robo-calls" are being left on answering machines across the state.

And yet, to this day, the media weep with McCain over Bush's underhanded tactics in the 2000 South Carolina primary.

Human Events - cont'd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: