SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to ArogantMan [sic]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to ArogantMan [sic] Reply with quote

I'm not a vet so I can't post there, but I wrote this reply to ArogantMan:

John Kerry denigrated thousands of Vietnam vets. Where's your outrage over that?

From another place on this site, in reference to the photo of John Kerry and 19 other officers:

Quote:
The Kerry campaign featured the photograph in an advertisement released in May titled Lifetime. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has contacted surviving members of this group to find out how many actually support John Kerry, and discovered that of 19 Swift boat skippers pictured other than Kerry, 12 consider him unfit, 4 are neutral, two have died, and 1 is working with the Kerry campaign. Four other officers were not present for the photo session; all oppose Kerry.

Only 1 of John Kerry's 23 fellow Swift boat commanders from Coastal Division 11 supports his candidacy today.

Doesn't it bother you that only one of Kerry's fellow officers support Kerry? Even if you assume that the two who are dead would support him, that only 3 of 23. Twelve, or just over half, consider him unfit.

Hearsay? Hearsay is when you repeat what something else says, and you have no direct knowledge. Are you accusing Steve Gardner of hearsay?

I would like to see the other side have a chance to rebut what the Swiftvets are saying because that's fair. There are always mistakes and discrepancies, no matter how careful you are, so I do want to see both sides.

The most effective way would be for Kerry to release his records.

However, I'm more convinced by a group of what I'm guessing are plain ol' guys (as opposed to wealthy fat cats) putting their reputations on the line, knowing full well what the Dems are going to do to them, because they feel so strongly about this issue.

You have to ask yourself what the motivation is. Why would people open themselves up to the problems they're going to have just for the heck of it? They obviously believe very strongly in their position and they seem to have solid information to back up their positions.

This site is FOR the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Dissenting opinions are allowed -- just look for the bunches of posts from KeithNolan as one example. However, it is admins right to run it the way they want to run it, just as it's your right to donate money to Kerry's campaign. I just hope you don't regret it later.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said. That's what I would like to have answered most by Kerry's supporters. Well, that and why they don't push him to reveal his "plans" - particularly considering the fact that he and Edwards have enough "plans" to fill a book.

The problem I have with that is that their saying that they have a plan and refusing to tell anyone what that plan is until after they win the Presidency is just too much of a risk - there is simply too much at stake here. I can't for the life of me understand why his supporters follow him so blindly and don't demand some sort of substance.

Do they not recall all the Executive Orders issued by Clinton? Forget his refusal to release his military records - Kerry's refusal to reveal his "plans" sends up all kinds of red flags to me. It suggests to me that he learned much from Clinton - if you don't get your way, just issue an Executive Order; after all, when you're president you can do whatever you want to do and whatever you think is best. Very dangerous situation there (and the reason our founding fathers put in place such checks and balances to the president's power).

Regardless of anything SwiftVets say or even the Bush administration, the fact of the matter is: Kerry refuses to release HIS military records but previously called on/demanded that Bush release his; Kerry refuses to reveal HIS plans to change the country; Kerry refuses to discuss HIS senate voting record (the TRUE indicator of his political positions); Kerry chose INSTEAD to use his service in Vietnam to make the case for his presidential worthiness. Since that is the major issue he put out there as his qualifier, people are questioning it a bit deeper (perhaps to make an informed vote???). I don't think he really counted on that happening. I think he supposed that at a time of war, american voters would totally embrace a "war hero" to lead the country from here. Since he knows his service was not truly what he's tried to convince us of, he doesn't want anyone getting close to the actual facts regarding it.

As ugly as politics are nowadays and with the smear tactics that are used by all candidates in all elections, american voters seem almost apathetic now to this stuff. In my opinion, it is because of that (suspected) apathy that Kerry feels confident he can respond to ANY issues raised regarding his campaign as "just an attack by the Bush administration" and american voters will buy it!
ArogantMan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: You gotta be Kidding-YOUGOTTABEKIDDING Reply with quote

I have yet to hear John Kerry insult or dishonor Vietnam Veterans. You talk the talk...but none of you walk the walk. Give me a quote and tell me where to go to look it up. I am tired of you all trashing a Vietnam Veteran, and offer nothing up but insults, more clap trap and innuendo.

I served in Vietnam and saw combat on the ground. If you are trying to tell me that what Kerry (and the other 30,000 combat veterans of VVAW), talked about did not occur then all I can say to you is that you never were on the grpound in Vietnam. I personally saw first hand, with my own two eyes, mutilated bodies, and burned villages and killed livestock. That is what he spoke of, and he got that information from other Veterans who were on the ground fighting in the bush in Vietnam. He never said all Veteran's were war crimminals and to put words like that into his mouth is nothing more than BS.

I still want to know what kind of unit in Vietnam, recommends and issues medals such as Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, Silver Stars and gives glowing Fitness reports to a "lying", "*******", "coward" (words used by this website, not mine), who was "neither fit for command", and "who aided and abetted the enemy"? Answer me this question will you. Can you?

All of these guys never directly served with John Kerry yet the crew of his two boats, and the Green Beret Officer he saved rave about him. Your own Lt. Cmdr. Elliot, Kerry's commanding officer, and the man who even recommended him for the Silver Star, was on that BS advertisment and has since retracted his comments and issued a public apology. Will you all please square that with me and the American people? Or can you?

Edited by Moderator

You people defy common sense. You don't offer up valid arguments that can be checked out, you just insult and denigrate other veterans like me when you say I never was a Marine or I never served in Vietnam. Either that or offer up more clap trap, that you never prove.

Edited by Moderator

The one good thing to come out of this website, is that it caused me to donate $500.00 to the John Kerry campaign.

You really have to be kidding.....yougottabekidding !!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: You gotta be Kidding-YOUGOTTABEKIDDING Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:
I have yet to hear John Kerry insult or dishonor Vietnam Veterans. You talk the talk...but none of you walk the walk.

There are many transcripts of John Kerry's slander all over the internet.

This site does not exist so that you can spew Kerry propaganda. If you want to do that, the Kerry sites will be more than happy to pay for your bandwidth.

I deleted one of your more obnoxious posts two days ago - you are on your one and only warning. Get straight, be respectful of the people who founded this group and the people who participate here or you are gone.

Your choice.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lt. Cmdr. Elliot, Kerry's commanding officer, and the man who even recommended him for the Silver Star, was on that BS advertisment and has since retracted his comments and issued a public apology.

WRONG (sound of buzzer)!!!! See the link below.

http://www.swiftvets.com/Elliottaffidavit08062004.pdf

You've repeated this thing about blacks taking up slots. That's a new one on me. Who said that?

Quote:
All of these guys never directly served with John Kerry

Several of them did. They were officers on other boats in the group. They went on operations with him. As someone else pointed out here, that's like saying that only people who all rode in the same tank can comment on anyone in that tank. That's ludicrous!

It's also like saying that only a teacher's students can judge the teacher--not other teachers, not supervisors, not people hiring students taught by the teacher. That's equally ludicrous.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: You gotta be Kidding-YOUGOTTABEKIDDING Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:
I have yet to hear John Kerry insult or dishonor Vietnam Veterans. You talk the talk...but none of you walk the walk. Give me a quote and tell me where to go to look it up. I am tired of you all trashing a Vietnam Veteran, and offer nothing up but insults, more clap trap and innuendo.

I served in Vietnam and saw combat on the ground. If you are trying to tell me that what Kerry (and the other 30,000 combat veterans of VVAW), talked about did not occur then all I can say to you is that you never were on the grpound in Vietnam. I personally saw first hand, with my own two eyes, mutilated bodies, and burned villages and killed livestock. That is what he spoke of, and he got that information from other Veterans who were on the ground fighting in the bush in Vietnam. He never said all Veteran's were war crimminals and to put words like that into his mouth is nothing more than BS.

I still want to know what kind of unit in Vietnam, recommends and issues medals such as Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, Silver Stars and gives glowing Fitness reports to a "lying", "*******", "coward" (words used by this website, not mine), who was "neither fit for command", and "who aided and abetted the enemy"? Answer me this question will you. Can you?

All of these guys never directly served with John Kerry yet the crew of his two boats, and the Green Beret Officer he saved rave about him. Your own Lt. Cmdr. Elliot, Kerry's commanding officer, and the man who even recommended him for the Silver Star, was on that BS advertisment and has since retracted his comments and issued a public apology. Will you all please square that with me and the American people? Or can you?

Edited by Moderator

You people defy common sense. You don't offer up valid arguments that can be checked out, you just insult and denigrate other veterans like me when you say I never was a Marine or I never served in Vietnam. Either that or offer up more clap trap, that you never prove.

Edited by Moderator

The one good thing to come out of this website, is that it caused me to donate $500.00 to the John Kerry campaign.

You really have to be kidding.....yougottabekidding !!!

All of your objections have been satisfactorally answer on this board in spades. You just choose to ignore it because Kerry is your guy. Kerry pissed off alot of Vietnam Vets. I know many and have served with many who despise him because of his adoption of Hanois party line about the US having a systematic and deliberate policy of atrocities in the conduct of the war. Did bad stuff happen? I'm sure it did.

But, I'm hearing the same charge about Abu Ghuraib by the same type of folks and as I was there, I know its complete BS. Im not going to sit by and let John Kerry and his anti US, anti military supporters spew their vile lies. I've heard about it and read about how the propaganda campaign was conducted by VVAW and its subversion by pro Communist radicals and I won't stand by and let it happen again, Nor will I sit by and let a poltroon such as John Kerry skate on his questionable record.

When a majority of guys in Kerrys unit think he was a sh*tbird, well I tend to go with that as it is probably true. It don't matter if you're in a guys platoon, squad or boat. If the leader is a turd, EVERYONE knows it. If you are the service guy you say you are, you should also know that. If you don't then you weren't paying attention.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arogant...I wasn't even born yet. But i think it's funny that the surplus store I frequent and the officers and enlisted attached to ROTC at my college had no problem screaming their heads off abt VVAW...

even better, the guys at the surplus store, when we had this talk way back in early june, had never even heard of SBVT...

some people remember how much vvaw hurt directly...and all of them know how much it hurt indirectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: