SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M. Obama: "...First Time...Proud of My Country"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: M. Obama: "...First Time...Proud of My Country" Reply with quote

A bit of a flap developing around a Michelle Obama recent remark.

As this is posted, Breitbart is up to some 449 comments and counting and it's getting considerable exposure with Powerline, John Podhoretz and Michelle Malkin taking note.

One must wonder if Hillary might suddenly incorporate rhetorical testimony to a lifetime of "real pride in my country" as she attempts to stem the Obama momentum...

Quote:
Michelle Obama: ‘For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I Am Really Proud of My Country’

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

Breitbart
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't a person ALWAYS be proud of their country, and not just from time to time; or for the first time?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Shouldn't a person ALWAYS be proud of their country, and not just from time to time; or for the first time?

AMEN!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our country isn't perfect and has made missteps in the past. However, we have always corrected those missteps.

For someone of such privilege as Michelle Obama to claim she has never had pride in America before is abomnable, in my estimation. Had the country not corrected itself in the 1960's, she wouldn't be of the privileged class she comes from today.

Makes me wonder just what country she would be proud of.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: FOX News' Carl Cameron commented on the flap earlier today and it's now the lead story on FOX News.com.

As far as I can tell, MSNBC has it deeply buried in a video-only explanation of Cindy McCain's reaction to Mrs. Obama's comment earlier today, perhaps giving some credence to claims of Anti-Clinton bias at MSNBC.

CNN currently has it as the lead story in its politics section.

No doubt, this is growing some legs.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marxists hate democracy. I listened to Obama's speech while driving tonight and thought of Pol Pot and Cambodia. Obama spoke several times of the responsibility and need of society to take care of the children. He would say we and us, nothing regarding parents in particular.

When Pol Pot took over Cambodia, he removed the children from their parents care and placed them into camps without any family members. From here the youngest would be given special status and indoctrinated to hate their families. He raised an entire generation of kids told to hate and void of love, because his utopia required the most faithful servants to be realized.

Cambodia ended up with a generation of sociopaths that they are still suffering from.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually listened to about 15 minutes of an Obama speech last night. The man actually said nothing. There is more substance in a cheerleader at a football game. I don't want a cheerleader for president.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle outed herself as an America-Hater and Blame America Firster, just like her husband. Usually they don't ADMIT it... The change she is looking for is a change to Bolshivism...
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mrs. Osama quickly claims that she has 'always loved america'

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/20/michelle-obama-clarifies-ive-always-loved-my-country/

Yeah, sure, whatever lady...

You and your husband remind me of a pair of weasels

Of course, Ol Hillary reminds me of a snake

We all know what the snake do to weasels...

I wonder if we can get tickets to the big show when the Dem party self-destructs over it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: