SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks like Conservatives are stuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Looks like Conservatives are stuck Reply with quote

Out of all the "possibles," we got stuck with the second-worst possible candidate.

I wasn't going to be terribly exited about this election no matter who won the candidacy, but did we have to reach all the way into the bottom of the barrel? Talk about holding your nose to pull the lever. Confused

The only "consolation" right now is that no matter who the Democratic party picks, it's going to have an even worse candidate than ours.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm overly excited about this election, either.

I am really tired of the gult trips being laid out to garner support for our candidate. Today they have started the trip of, "don't do that to our troops."

Where were all these radio pundits months ago when true conservatives were running and couldn't get mention in the media?

My main focus will be on local and state elections as they come up to try to get more conservatives in office and hopefully a real conservative in 2012.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Where were all these radio pundits months ago when true conservatives were running and couldn't get mention in the media?

Amen! A person who has relied on traditional media over the last year would have gotten the idea that there was only one viable Republican candidate.

Concentrating on the local and regional is a good fall-back position. I would love to see a real leader emerge from the conservative ranks in the next couple of years.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy, keep an eye on the newly elected governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, for the next few years. He's brown-skinned,(Indian immigrant parents), conservative, smart, and honest.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about him, but you're right about that. I read a profile of him somewhere and he really seems like a straight-shooter.

Of course, that could be as much handicap as asset when half of our country consists of people who don't recognize or appreciate genuine straight talk. (Apparently, though, the same people will suck it right up if you take an ordinary serving of political double-talk, polish it up and call it "straight talk.")

A few politicians seem to escape the undue influence of "handlers" and advisers and remain true to themselves. Then the question is, does someone with clear principles and clean ethics have the stomach for the process that elects a president?
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed with Jindal. Rush Limbaugh sees him as the next Ronald Reagan:
Rush Interviews Bobby Jindal
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: