SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would Martin Luther do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: What would Martin Luther do? Reply with quote

Radio Silence
By MOLLIE ZIEGLER HEMINGWAY
March 28, 2008; Page W11

What would Martin Luther do?

Usually radio hosts have to offend sacred moral sensibilities to be thrown off the air. Opie and Anthony were fired after they encouraged a couple to have sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Don Imus lost his job after using racist and sexist epithets against the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

But when the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod canceled its popular, nationally syndicated radio program "Issues, Etc.," listeners were baffled. Billed as "talk radio for the thinking Christian," the show was known for its lively discussions analyzing cultural influences on the American church. It seemed like precisely the thing that the Missouri Synod, a 2.4-million-member denomination whose system of belief is firmly grounded in Scripture and an intellectually rigorous theology, would enthusiastically support....(continued)

If you are interested in protecting religious freedom and concerned about the eroding of Bible based programming, please visit the following website and decide how you would like to proceed.

We want our grandfather's church back
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail to augsburg1530. Hope it helps.

I got a queasy feeling back in the 1970's when I saw the first guitar at Mass. Our generation has lived through a lot of changes, not all of them good.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we call a "do over" commencing in August '45?

I think it's an unfortunate reality that the "greatest generation" dropped the ball in the post-war cultural war...and the "liberalization" of the Catholic Church is a fine example.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help is appreciated. Sign the petition, send emails to the Synod hierarchy and the radio station, contribute to the fund to support these now-jobless Pastors and their families (one has serious family medical issues to pay for), whatever you can do. I am sending the info to all my lists as well as posting it here and on my website, so maybe with enough pressure brought to bear, they will reverse the decision...and I'm not even Lutheran...or Catholic...but their Christ-centered ministry uplifts all of us, as we all serve the same God. They are standing on faith and principle. We need to stand by them.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: What a difference a century makes Reply with quote

American Minute for April 7th:

The "Greatest Show on Earth" was owned by P.T. Barnum, who died APRIL 7, 1891. Selling millions of tickets, his big draws were General Tom Thumb, a man only 25 inches tall, and elephant "Jumbo," whose name entered the dictionary. Barnum, who was received by President Lincoln and gave a command performance for Queen Victoria, stated: "Most persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing too little, than by believing too much." The circus not open Sundays, Barnum let his New York Great Roman Hippodrome be used by Dwight L. Moody for evangelistic campaigns. When Barnum's show began traveling, Moody, with help from J.P. Morgan and Cornelius Vanderbilt, transformed the Hippodrome into a revival tabernacle. Services began February 7, 1876, with 7,000 people in the main hall, 4,000 in overflow, thousands outside, 500 ushers and 1,200 singers directed by Ira Sankey. Sunday attendance hit 25,000. It was perhaps Moody's most important campaign, for impacting New York impacted the nation.

D.L. Moody said: "Moses spent 40 years thinking he was somebody; 40 years learning he was nobody; and 40 years discovering what God can do with a nobody."

(Brought to you by AmericanMinute.com)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Can we call a "do over" commencing in August '45?

If we can't get 1945, #1, I'll settle for anything prior to around '63 or '64.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: No Intelligence Allowed Reply with quote

As you know, Darwinists have been expelling any hint of creation or intelligent design from public schools and research institutions. What a turnabout since the Scopes trial, where they argued they "just wanted to be allowed to present an alternate theory". Now, they don't want ANY alternate theories. Now, many of them are expelling people from their academic posts in a desperate attempt to defend their evolutionary worldview. If the theory of Evolution is sound, why not let it be scrutinized? Every other scientific theory must stand scrutiny.

The upcoming film "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" comes to theaters next week, April 18. Already a highly controversial film, its host Ben Stein, is on a personal quest to discover more about the topic of origins and to expose the ruthlessness of many evolutionists. Even though Stein is not a creationist and is not a Christian, he presents the evidence of intelligent design we see in the world and exposes the censorship efforts of leading evolutionists.

I encourage you to visit www.GetEXPELLED.com right now and discover more about this excellent, entertaining, and enlightening film. You need to see how our education system is expelling freedom of speech -- and then you should do something about it.

For a theater listing, go to www.expelledthemovie.com/theaterap.php

If you don’t see your local theater listed, call the manager and say you want to watch Expelled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: