SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama way worse than Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Obama way worse than Kerry Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think Obama is being revealed as far worse than John Kerry. Kerry may just be a garden variety opportunist, using questionable associations and political theatre to achieve power.

It seems Obama, however, by his associations may be a true radical.

See these posts and listen to the audio:

The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 1

The Friends of Barack Obama, Part 2

-- FDL
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple these with the fact he has a personality and on the surface, he is a lot worse than Kerry.

Fortunately for us, he is not nearly as astute or cagey as Kerry. People, even the MSM are waking up to this.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Similar fellow travelers and philosophy, too Reply with quote

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
People, even the MSM are waking up to this.

Unfortunately Goophy, those "waking up to this" are most probably in the Clinton camp. As we have all learned first hand through our experience in support of SVPT, objectivity and the MSM are no longer synonymous.

Witness the following from yesterday's Fox News...then grab a shovel and toss some dirt on the grave of journalisticly principled, objective news...

Quote:
Political Grapevine
by Brit Hume
April 24, 2008

Cover Controversy

Business & Media Institute reports that Time magazine managing editor Richard Stengel continues to defend the controversial cover showing a doctored version of the classic World War II raising of the flag at Iwo Jima — used to promote an advocacy piece on global warming.

As we told you last week, many veterans are incensed. Stengel says the cover was a way to "grab people by the lapels and say, 'Hey, pay attention.'"

Stengel also dismisses the idea that his magazine should not take sides: "This notion that journalism is objective -- or must be objective -- is something that has always bothered me, because the notion about objectivity is in some ways a fantasy. I don't know that there is as such a thing as objectivity… I don't think people are looking for us to ask questions, I think they're looking for us to answer questions."

As for the journalistic standards he observes at Time, Stengel said, "We sort of make it up as we go along and I think that is what will continue to happen."

Fox News
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

As for the journalistic standards he observes at Time, Stengel said, "We sort of make it up as we go along and I think that is what will continue to happen."

Just confirms what most of us have known for years, #1.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Just confirms what most of us have known for years, #1.

You are absolutely right, BE.

I remember a letter to the editor of Time Magazine about 30 or 40 years ago bemoaning the lack of objectivity in an article about gun control.

Time's response was that "the issue was just too important for objectivity".

I haven't read that bilious rag since.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama reminds me of Pol Pot. The only difference is Pol Pot liked the Khemer people, whereas I believe Obama hates black people and wants to further degrade their status in the society.

The issues most pressing for black society, Obama never discusses. I never hear him talk about the need for black women to practice abstinence to avoid disease and early pregnancy. He never discusses the importance of the husband and wife and marriage.

Never do I hear about the need to father and mother the children and spend time nurturing their development.

He talks about community, where the emphasis should be on the immediate family. A man who could care less about problems in the black family.

Just another radical leftist who has nothing but pl;ans for blacks to clean the toilets of their masters.

Another elitist who has nothing but disgust with black America and will never sit at the table with them, unless it is for a photo opportunity.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: UNFIT for COMMAND II? Reply with quote

If Obama is the nominee, which is very likely, will there be Unfit for Command II?

Agree, the guy is far far worse than Kerry. I just don't know what and whose accounts can constitute the UFC II.

Perhaps...detail descriptions and implications of his relationships and contacts with the radicals. Hopefully any good and authoritative writer can put together these elements for publication in the summer or fall.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"We sort of make it up as we go along and I think that is what will continue to happen."

Is that plagerized from Dan Rather's resume? Laughing

I just can't work up a good hatred for Obama, considering the two opponents are as bad or worse. McCain's POW/MIA issues lost him my vote, so I'll sit this one out.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is about race now because Wright and the left blacks are making it all about white vs black. Then they get out there and say a black can't be racist because the power is not on the side of the black race. Maybe that is why Wright really wants to derail Obama.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
Obama is about race now because Wright and the left blacks are making it all about white vs black. Then they get out there and say a black can't be racist because the power is not on the side of the black race. Maybe that is why Wright really wants to derail Obama.

No, the Chinese communists got to Wright. I am sure Putin is livid.

Lets face it, the Russians are down to 150 million people with a land mass twice the size of America and the average life expectancy for men is 55 and women 77.

70 percent of all pregnancies in Russia end in abortion.

I am sure Hillary and Bill's chinese handlers explained this and more to Wright and "convinced" him he was backing the wrong horse.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think...........20 odd years ago, young Barry, fresh out of law school, and his eye on politics, arrived in Chicago, knowing no one and wanting to get in on a fast track to success.
He joined up with the Reverend because it was the largest black church in Chicago and the place to become known. Through the reverend he landed a job "helping" the pore folks, became known and (again) through the reverend met the folks who could further his political aspirations.
After taking this young fella under his wing, herding him through the Chicago political machine to the doorsteps of the ultimate political position in the world, he gets kicked off the bus and made an object of national disgust.
Of course, he is bitter, and now wants to "get back" at Obama for kicking him aside.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: