SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVAW “Presents” to Congress??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: IVAW “Presents” to Congress?? Reply with quote

True to the Kerry/VVAW template, the IVAW will take its subversive case to congress (small "c") on May 15, though decidedly not in a congressional venue with the "gravitas" that Kerry managed to obtain (The "Progressive" Caucus) Rolling Eyes

Despite what will probably be an underwhelming bit of political theatre, it is worthwhile, I think, to get out in front of this agitprop (as many pro-military bloggers/organizations are already doing).

I thought this petition was particularly well-written (despite a few typos) and am passing it along for your consideration. Perhaps you might consider signing and doing the same...

Quote:
IVAW “Presents” to Congress??
May 7, 2008

For those who haven’t heard, IVAW will be presenting materials from their Winter Soldier investigation to the Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) next Thursday (May 15).

I’ve created another petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ivawtruthintestimony/) asking the CPC to verfiy any info that IVAW brings to them. This petition reads about the same as the petition that was circulated for the Senate Armed Services Committee. The CPC is more of an ad-hoc group than any sort of official committee, but since we’ve been out in front of IVAW on this, we should probably stay there.

Please circulate this petition among your mailing lists. I’ll be doing a post on some other sites, and a couple of friendly bloggers have agreed to do a short blurb on their sites as well.

A plan for delivery of the petitions is in the works. As of yesterday, we had 950 signatures on the original petition to the SASC; hopefully we can meet/exceed that this time around.

Thanks!

Coby Dillard
Assistant to National Director
Gathering of Eagles

GOE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: