SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did he say???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: What did he say??? Reply with quote

I caught part of what Senator Obama said but wanted to find the actual quote when he was talking about energy today.

My take was that people with SUV's would be penalized since they use more gas...along with those who use more electric that what he deems is the appropriate amount.

I tried to find the actual statement he made but was unable to.

thanks!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Linked on Drudge Report Reply with quote

Obama camp spies endgame in Oregon

"Pitching his message to Oregon's environmentally-conscious voters, Obama called on the United States to "lead by example" on global warming, and develop new technologies at home which could be exported to developing countries.

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

"That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added."

[Really? Are you planning to take over the government and rule it like a dictator, Barry?]

I wonder how big a "carbon footprint" the herd of lemmings listening to the "Obama Mass" created. How many of them were paid activists who were flown in and bussed to the "sermon". Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of them came from lower down in the state and several from across the river in Washington State. Our primary is long over, so he gained no votes from them. Many said they just wanted to hear him speak.

The Oregonian

What the media leaves out is the "rally" was led off by a free concert from a local band, The Decemberists, a leftist group of anti-war singers who reportedly open many concerts with the National Anthem of the former Soviet Union. Confused

No report of whether they opened the Portland Obama rally with the anthem, though.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bout fell off my chair when I heard him say it. I wonder why the MSM is not all over this statement...oh I remember he is already elected our President (somehow without us yet voting)!!!!

Obama the untouchable. That should be his campaign slogan. Seems to me everything he says or does he considers untouchable. If Michelle Obama has hurt feelings then she should take herself out of the campaign trail. Hey Lady if you can not handle the heat then stay the heck out of the kitchen!

He really scares me when he makes comments like this along with the other comments he has made about "Patriot Companies" and getting the government involved in business decisions.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did that saying go??

"Keep your mouth closed and never seem the fool. Open it prove its true."
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I heard that speech it was a peanut farmer in a cardigan. I don't recall it did him much good.

Big John Connelly gave a similar, 'Limits to Growth' speech at the '76 republican convention and it doomed his '80 campaign.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: