SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why The Big Controversy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Why The Big Controversy? Reply with quote

For the past few weeks I've dismissed all the flap over his birth certificate. This article raises my interest.
Hmmm. Is he not a born U.S. citizen?
Winnie The Pooh's Birth Certificate
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 axioms those who have closely followed the Swiftvet story have learned...John Kerry's proffered "record" is replete with lies and that, in this country, truth is no longer an absolute but a construct to be manufactured, marketed and defended.

Like you, I made little note of this "controversy" and, to be frank, the poor quality of the written composition used as a "source" for this article (assuming an accurate representation) gives me pause. That being said, like his mentors Kerry and Kennedy, the Obama response to this controversy appears to be stonewalling...and, like Kerry's military records, is more than enough to suggest to me (and should be for anyone) that there may be some substance in this allegation.

In another day, another time, such a blatantly disingenuous response would earn a would-be office holder a quick trip to political palookaville...not so anymore. Once a candidate is coronated, truth takes a back seat to marketing and political expediency.

There is, it seems to me, a relatively easy resolution should Obama elect to continue stonewalling this issue...a lawsuit challenging his
candidacy as unconstitutional. However, I believe Clinton would have challenged Obama on this point had there been some meat on this particular bone, no?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: YOU BIGOT RACIST HOMOPHOBE...did I miss any accusations? Reply with quote

#1, in a sane and rational pre-politically-correct world, you may have a point, but look at all of the legitimate achiles' heels the vaunted Clinton machine either overlooked or didn't know about that only came out as the Primaries progressed. Given the flak Bill Clinton took for dropping the race card on the table a time or two and the outrages any time one of the Clintonistas even criticized "The New Messiah", they may have been too intimidated to question or even dig into the birth certificate issue...or maybe they wanted to wait and let someone else bring it out at a later date when the only viable choice for a replacement was....drum roll...guess who?
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it the Clinton camp or Obama's that raised this issue to begin with in questioning McCain's birth?

In any case, the presented certificate holds enough differences from a comparison sample as to render it questionable. That it is invalid is a given since it was altered for presentation which, as clearly stated at the bottom of the form, makes it invalid.

Such a small thing yet a potential big thing. Small in that the campaign could easily dispel any doubt by obtaining another certified copy for presentation. Medium in that there could be differences from the claimed information. Big if the campaign continues to stonewall or worse hide what might be some embarrassing details.

Its a shame the RNC couldn't buy Hillary's support like Obama did. I'm sure the war chest had some great tidbits in it.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting commentary from Clarice Feldman at American Thinker
JMH brings up the breach of Obama's passport records at the State Department earlier this year.
(His staff checking the Birth Certificate on file??)
I agree with Goophy:
Quote:
Such a small thing yet a potential big thing. Small in that the campaign could easily dispel any doubt by obtaining another certified copy for presentation.

So why doesn't he do that?
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think Dan Rather could get him one overnight....ooooooooops, Dan doesn't work at CBS any more. Well, Dan probably still has his account at Kinkos.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Snopes has to say about it.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: