SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hinderacker: "Busted"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Hinderacker: "Busted" Reply with quote

Hopefully Obama will be the beneficiary of LOTS more of Wesley Clark's embarrassing support. What is surprising is how media interviewers appear to have taken off the gloves and are highlighting his Kerry-supporting hypocrisy...

Quote:
BUSTED

Wesley Clark has made the rounds of just about every talk show on television over the last 24 hours, repeating his attack on John McCain as lacking the executive experience needed to be President. It's pretty funny, actually, if you listen to Clark, because whenever he describes the precise military experience needed to equip a candidate for the Presidency, it turns out to be exactly what Clark himself did. Right up until the time he got fired.

I think some of the criticism of Clark has been overblown; he always repeats that he respects and admires McCain, but doesn't think he has the judgment or executive experience needed to be President. This afternoon on CNN, John Roberts pointed out the most glaring contradiction in Clark's theory of military experience: his enthusiastic endorsement of John Kerry, whose strategic command experience was nowhere near McCain's. Here was the exchange:
    ROBERTS: But when it comes to that same type of qualification, you were very robustly behind John Kerry's military experience...

CLARK: Absolutely.

ROBERTS: ... in your speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, where you talked about his experience of being there under mortar fire.

CLARK: Right.

ROBERTS: And let's listen to the way that you summed that up.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CLARK: John Kerry's combination of physical courage and moral values is my definition of what we need as Americans in our commander in chief.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ROBERTS: So, you said it's what we need in a commander in chief. And I'm wondering how different was John McCain's experience from John Kerry's?

CLARK: Well, a lot, because John McCain basically served honorably and well in uniform. He did everything the country could have asked.

What John Kerry did is John Kerry got out of the uniform. He took a judgment, a judgment I didn't agree with at the time, but he had the moral courage to stand up for himself and oppose the conflict in Vietnam.

ROBERTS: But where was the executive experience that you talked about?

CLARK: The executive experience wasn't the issue there, because John Kerry wasn't claiming that he had some special executive experience on national security against George Bush.
So Kerry's military experience was better than McCain's because after serving for four months in Vietnam, he returned to the U.S. and falsely accused his fellow servicemen of being war criminals. I think it's time for Wesley Clark to be ushered quietly off the stage.

Power Line
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hinderacker: "Busted" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Hopefully Obama will be the beneficiary of LOTS more of Wesley Clark's embarrassing support. What is surprising is how media interviewers appear to have taken off the gloves and are highlighting his Kerry-supporting hypocrisy...

Quote:
BUSTED

Wesley Clark has made the rounds of just about every talk show on television over the last 24 hours, repeating his attack on John McCain as lacking the executive experience needed to be President. It's pretty funny, actually, if you listen to Clark, because whenever he describes the precise military experience needed to equip a candidate for the Presidency, it turns out to be exactly what Clark himself did. Right up until the time he got fired.

I think some of the criticism of Clark has been overblown; he always repeats that he respects and admires McCain, but doesn't think he has the judgment or executive experience needed to be President. This afternoon on CNN, John Roberts pointed out the most glaring contradiction in Clark's theory of military experience: his enthusiastic endorsement of John Kerry, whose strategic command experience was nowhere near McCain's. Here was the exchange:
    ROBERTS: But when it comes to that same type of qualification, you were very robustly behind John Kerry's military experience...

ROBERTS: ... in your speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, where you talked about his experience of being there under mortar fire.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CLARK: John Kerry's combination of physical courage and moral values is my definition of what we need as Americans in our commander in chief.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ROBERTS: So, you said it's what we need in a commander in chief. And I'm wondering how different was John McCain's experience from John Kerry's?

CLARK: Well, a lot, because John McCain basically served honorably and well in uniform. He did everything the country could have asked.

What John Kerry did is John Kerry got out of the uniform. He took a judgment, a judgment I didn't agree with at the time, but he had the moral courage to stand up for himself and oppose the conflict in Vietnam.

CLARK: The executive experience wasn't the issue there, because John Kerry wasn't claiming that he had some special executive experience on national security against George Bush.
So Kerry's military experience was better than McCain's because after serving for four months in Vietnam, he returned to the U.S. and falsely accused his fellow servicemen of being war criminals. I think it's time for Wesley Clark to be ushered quietly off the stage.

Power Line

I seem to remember during the '04 primary, when Clark was running, he was trying to diminish Kerry's military experience by saying, "Kerry was a mere lieutenant, while I was a general."

Clark is a 24 carat phony hypocrite.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hinderacker: "Busted" Reply with quote

DADESID wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Quote:
BUSTED

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Power Line

I seem to remember during the '04 primary, when Clark was running, he was trying to diminish Kerry's military experience by saying, "Kerry was a mere lieutenant, while I was a general."

I disagree. I don't think Clark is a "phony hypocrite", I think he's a sure 'nuf real hypocrite. Twisted Evil
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hinderacker: "Busted" Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
DADESID wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Quote:
BUSTED

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Power Line

I disagree. I don't think Clark is a "phony hypocrite", I think he's a sure 'nuf real hypocrite. Twisted Evil

Yeah, I thought about forgetting to place a comma after I hit "submit".

How 'bout: Clark is a 24 carat, phony, hypocritical, egotistical, self-serving, smoldering turd.

Will that do? Very Happy
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hinderacker: "Busted" Reply with quote

DADESID wrote:
zinfella wrote:
DADESID wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Quote:
BUSTED

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Power Line

Yeah, I thought about forgetting to place a comma after I hit "submit".

How 'bout: Clark is a 24 carat, phony, hypocritical, egotistical, self-serving, smoldering turd.

Will that do? Very Happy

Works for me!!!! Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: To Commemorate Your Lifetime of Service... Reply with quote

I heard he was given a plaque by the troops when he was fired as NATO Commander...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: