SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thomas Lipscomb: "...Running 'On the Record'..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Thomas Lipscomb: "...Running 'On the Record'..." Reply with quote

Yikes!

Thomas Lipscomb has jumped back into the SVPT-Kerry fracas with both feet...and on "Huffington Post" of all places!

Pull up a chair and set a spell...you've a LONG and interesting read ahead of you that we'll be digesting for weeks...feels like it's 2004 again!

Here's a taste...

Quote:
Why Running "On the Record" Is Harder Than You Think
Thomas Lipscomb
Huffington Post
Posted June 29, 2008 | 10:17 PM (EST)

<snip>

Kerry signed a Form 180 restricting the release of his military records to the Associated Press, the Boston Globe, and the Los Angeles Times on the condition that the three news organizations would be allowed to extract them for their readers, but must not publish more than a certain amount of them. When I approached these organizations asking to see the records, they refused me access -- just as they have refused anyone else.

Kerry had picked three news organizations that were among those that had done the poorest job pursuing any investigative reporting that might have seen through his charades. They were now the arbiters of whatever they thought was important enough for the unwashed public to read. And it was very little indeed.

It was the most disgraceful performance by any news organization in my forty years of contemporary journalism, much less three of the largest. News organizations dedicated to public access had now conspired in a cover-up clearly against the public's need to know -- and in favor of a politician who had lied about his presence at a meeting discussing the assassination of U.S. Senators. And in an age in which it is a lot cheaper to put these records on the Internet than it was for the New York Times and the Washington Post to print and distribute hundreds of pages of the "Pentagon Papers," it was inexcusable.

Huffington Post - cont'd

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, #1.

WOWEEE!!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Don't the FRENCH eat these regularly? Reply with quote

Well, well, well, what have we here?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEEEEEEEETYE, that's gotta hurt! Well, anyone except His Numbness, John f'in Kerry.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pondering why Huffington Post elected to publish Mr. Lipscomb's commentary. The most plausible rationale I can come up with is that HuffPo intends to go after McCain's military record with both barrells and needs desperately to establish some pretext of impartiality on the subject.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I've been pondering why Huffington Post elected to publish Mr. Lipscomb's commentary. The most plausible rationale I can come up with is that HuffPo intends to go after McCain's military record with both barrells and needs desperately to establish some pretext of impartiality on the subject.

You could be right, #1. The Huffington Post has already teamed with Moveon.org to establish the McCain Watch.

Their first target was Col. Day.

Links at my blog.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez Lew...I must be getting senile not to have put 2+2 together earlier.

Anti-Kerry Lipscomb article appears on screaming liberal HuffPo 30 Jun and "McCain Watch" debuts 2 Jul? Hardly co-incidental I'd venture.

I'd like to know the story they gave to Lipscomb as to the reason for their curious largesse...and just WHO solicited WHOM.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Backfire Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be a rich irony if it backfired by raising the interest in the various players and some blind hog on HuffingandPuffingPost rooted up an acorn that didn't fit their template?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Backfire Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Wouldn't it be a rich irony if it backfired by raising the interest in the various players and some blind hog on HuffingandPuffingPost rooted up an acorn that didn't fit their template?

The folks at HuffPo don't have any trouble ignoring truth in favor of fantasy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: