SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kudos from three alumni.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Kudos from three alumni. Reply with quote

Kudos from three alumni.

Hi Guys -

Looks like the Swift Vets, where we all met way back, have folded their tents and stolen away quietly into the night:

> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth has formally disbanded and ceased all operations as of May 31, 2008. SwiftVets.com will continue to be maintained, for historical purposes only, by New American Media Online Services (NAMOS).

The message board forum is still up and working, but not much going on there. Sorry to see them go, but they did a good thing keeping the Skerry out of the White House.

Cheers! Jim

IMO, SVPT was the greatest web site in the history of the American internet. What could have been more noble and more valuable to the safety of the world. Thinking about a world without them in '04 brings a shudder. They did their job and did it well. Mission accomplished, so to speak. I'm happy to see they plan to keep it as a museum but I doubt we'll ever know the whole truth about Silky. He's just the consummate anti-American and with no conscience, there's nothing to make him come clean. Too bad he didn't fold his tent too. thx. Tom

Those guys taught me how to post on the internet. They were real sticklers for source and staying with the topic. They didn't allow name calling or even smart ass comments. They even protected Kerry from slander. I got jumped on for referring to Kerry’s salute as “limp wristed”.

Sad. All the good things go away.

Sam
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATH, your melancholy is undoubtedly shared by legions of SVPT supporters, contributors and friends who must now, like the Swiftees and POWs, bask in the sure knowledge of a "Mission Accomplished" and a job, most assuredly, "well done".

Oh, there will still be rear guard action aplenty to be met and challenged as Kerry is now relegated to feckless "guerilla journalism" and "political theater" in a desperate attempt to rehabilitate the tattered remains of his character "on the cheap". However, I'll wager that he finds the "ghosts" of Campaign 2004 to be an even more formidable foe than the Swiftvet and POW heroes who drew a line in the historical sand for 58,000+ of their brethren and resolutely declared..."Mr. Kerry, we've had quite enough".

BTW, while I understand the good intent, let me politely decline the "stole away quietly into the night" metaphor while I dabble in a few of my own. SVPT exits the political stage still at "General Quarters", battle stations fully manned, "firing for effect" with all guns still blazing, heads held high, backbones ramrod straight, victory laurels on their heads and a vanquished foe at their collective feet...and THAT'S how I'll remember the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth as they set sail into American history.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from the alums.
Thanks for posting, Sam.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ATH, your melancholy is undoubtedly shared by legions of SVPT supporters, contributors and friends who must now, like the Swiftees and POWs, bask in the sure knowledge of a "Mission Accomplished" and a job, most assuredly, "well done".

Oh, there will still be rear guard action aplenty to be met and challenged as Kerry is now relegated to feckless "guerilla journalism" and "political theater" in a desperate attempt to rehabilitate the tattered remains of his character "on the cheap". However, I'll wager that he finds the "ghosts" of Campaign 2004 to be an even more formidable foe than the Swiftvet and POW heroes who drew a line in the historical sand for 58,000+ of their brethren and resolutely declared..."Mr. Kerry, we've had quite enough".

BTW, while I understand the good intent, let me politely decline the "stole away quietly into the night" metaphor while I dabble in a few of my own. SVPT exits the political stage still at "General Quarters", battle stations fully manned, "firing for effect" with all guns still blazing, heads held high, backbones ramrod straight, victory laurels on their heads and a vanquished foe at their collective feet...and THAT'S how I'll remember the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth as they set sail into American history.

Gee that has a much better feeling to it. You always were good at rhetoric!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Good to hear from the alums.
Thanks for posting, Sam.
I second those sentiments. The world of 2004 would have been MUCH more melancholy with out the SVPT, no doubt about it!...

That said...any one else notice that now that SVPT officially has disbanded (and therefore theoretically there won't be an "SVPT response"), the media has upped the perjorative ante from simply using "swiftboat" in a negative sense? They've now added a ubiquitous libel to their chorus including: "association with known character assassins and perjurers" to swifties (and POWs) who are quoted in the news! Watch for this, and if it gains traction, some letters to editors are a must! Unfortunately BDS is alive and well, and a target apparently is still the SVPT....and that McCain is a POW, probably means continued attacks by the BDS-riddled media, even tho' he was never in the SVPT camp to begin with!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce, if you wore the uniform and didn't admit to being a war criminal or march with the anti-war crowd or go on TV as a talking head expert on everything the military does wrong, YOU have a target on your back. Just being a patriot is enough to place you in their crosshairs. This is a war on all fronts, and the enemy within knows the best and only weapon at their disposal is the media. All we can do is take out the targets within range, write letters to the editor, accept interviews that are NOT setups and ambushes, and fire for effect....let's move out. Very Happy
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
....let's move out. Very Happy

It's a jungle out there...y'all be careful Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1, if they get you, I'll run for help. Laughing

Seriously, I wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper in Florida in support of a Military and Aviation Museum that faced closure due to lack of funding (while funding for numerous services for illegal aliens was INCREASED). When you see a hit piece in the "news", write a letter to the editor "to set the record straight". I have worked hard to help get my state senator and my state representative and my Congressional representative reelected. My state senator is now running for judge, and a pro-Constitution judge on the bench helps all of us. Little things like that are things we all can do. They took our country away from us a little at a time. We can try to get it back the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: