SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama's VP Choice Announced
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Obama's VP Choice Announced Reply with quote

Just received a Breaking News Alert from CNN,

Quote:
CNN confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Delaware Sen. Joe Biden to be his vice-presidential running mate.

This looks more and more like it is going to be an interesting campaign season.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a huge relief, because Kerry looked like a serious contender from the rumors.

Hanoi John loses again.

Excellent! Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder too how feminist will react as Obama passed over women for the slot, again.

Of course, Bill and Hillary have been pretty quiet lately, leading many to believe she has something up her sleeve for teh convention.

Time will tell.

Good to see sKerry the loser lose yet again. Now to see him ejected from the Senate will just make my day.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up "inside the beltway" in your thesaurus and you'll see Biden's picture.

And Obama is touting "change"? Laughing
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be fun to watch.
Last night Dick Morris said Joe Biden would stop Obama from saying stupid things.

LOL, Biden is certainly equal to Obama for spouting dumb things.

A commentor snarked that Obama + Biden = Political Tourette's Syndrome.

Priceless!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that Biden has spent the past couple of weeks swearing he "isn't the guy", he is also a bald-faced liar...but we knew that already. On the other hand, if he meant he "isn't the guy who is on the winning ticket", I hope he's correct. He's sorta like Kerry -- he's FOR something until it becomes apparent that it is a stupid idea and then he is suddenly AGAINST it. Another "Institutionalized Beltway Flip-flopping Liberal". In any event, if Joe Biden represents Obama's idea of "Change", they can keep the"change" .

On the bright side, if they win, they will be out of the Senate. Too bad there is no chance of replacing them with Conservatives or at least someone who actually wants to follow the Constitution and do what is best for America.

Now let's hope McCain doesn't try to one-up Obama by making an even dumber VP choice.

kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This should be fun to watch.

Last night Dick Morris said Joe Biden would stop Obama from saying stupid things.
This will be fun to watch, can't wait for the UTubes on this Springfield announcement event:

Barry intro'd Biden as "The next PRESIDENT..uh .. the next VICE president of the United States, and later Biden called Barry "Barack America” . Biden drew the short straw on this, either everyone else said NO, or someone forced this choice, as OBama certainly didn't seem elated about it.

McCain Camp already has this video out - Joe Biden On Barack Obama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...by the way, my email notification arrived on Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:24:21,

Subject: The Next Vice President

Obama for America Bruce -- [I guess they don't know how to insert names properly in their form letters]

I have some important news that I want to make official.

I've chosen Joe Biden to be my running mate.

Joe and I will appear for the first time as running mates this afternoon in Springfield, Illinois -- the same place this campaign began more than 19 months ago.

I'm excited about hitting the campaign trail with Joe, but the two of us can't do this alone. We need your help to keep building this movement for change.

Please let Joe know that you're glad he's part of our team. Share your personal welcome note and we'll make sure he gets it:

http://my.barackobama.com/welcomejoe

Thanks for your support,

Barack

P.S. -- Make sure to turn on your TV at 2:00 p.m. Central Time to join us or watch online at http://www.BarackObama.com.

Paid for by Obama for America

Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr....I guess Obama couldn't decide whether to pick a white man (Biden thinks Delaware was a "slave state") or a white woman, so he saw Biden's middle name and picked him thinking that would meet both requirements. Is this the new "Democrat Dynamic Duo"? Having watched several of these YouTube videos, I can understand why Mark Levin calls Biden "The Dumbest Man in the Senate". The only "military" experience he would bring to the ticket is what he learned from Kerry: how to try for Purple Hearts for self-inflicted injuries.

JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
...Biden thinks Delaware was a "slave state"

Delaware was a slave state at the beginning of the War for Southern Independence. As was Maryland and depending upon your definition New Jersey was also only they were called "apprentices for life" there.

But then all of the original 13 colonies were slave owning at one time or another.

Last edited by JN173 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Joe is both veep pick and future wet-nurse for Brack's potential presidency, and Biden is in position to be the potential power behind the throne.

Dance Barack-Puppet Dance!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JN173 wrote:
TEWSPilot wrote:
...Biden thinks Delaware was a "slave state"

Delaware was a slave state at the beginning of the War for Southern Independence. As was Maryland and depending upon your definition New Jersey was also only they were called "apprentices for life" there.

But then all of the original 13 colonies were slave owning at one time or another.

Good point, the entire world has been involved in slavery at some point, and many countries still practice it today, but watching this video, what is the point he is making about his coming from a slave state? It's as though he's emphasizing that they practiced slavery in his state to make it look like he is in simpatico with Southern former slave states to downplay his credentials as a Northeast Liberal...maybe they still practice slavery or he wishes they did so he could have a leg up on his Southern rivals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFduMuP7v-k&NR=1

His babblings usually make no clear point.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
........ but watching this video, what is the point he is making about his coming from a slave state? It's as though he thinks they still practice slavery in his state...maybe they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFduMuP7v-k&NR=1

His babblings usually make no clear point.

I'm at work so I can't watch youtube because it's blocked because of band width issues. I do recall having heard him make that comment though and it struck me as sucking up to the black community. Kind of his version of "a lot of my friends are black".
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you nailed it. He'll have plenty of time to suck up to the Black community now...along with the Hispanic community and the Asian community and the......
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden will have a hard time sucking up to Blacks.

In a 1991 interview, he claimed the only reason Clarence Thomas is on the Supreme Court is because he is Black!

http://www.aliciapatterson.org/APF1602/Graves/Graves.html

Seems to me that similar claims said about Obama were deemed racist.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
I think you nailed it. He'll have plenty of time to suck up to the Black community now...along with the Hispanic community and the Asian community and the......

I do not think that the Hispanic vote will go to Obama/Biden.

That is based on what I have told by people who are Hispanic or have family connections to Hispanics.

Based on that, I have strong doubts about O/B ticket getting California's Electorial Votes or Texas or New Mexico.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: