SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: "Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants" Reply with quote

I could hardly imagine anyone rising to the level of loathing in which I hold John Kerry...but this self-serving wannabe-messiah Gore is, apparently, trying to give Kerry a run for his money...

Quote:
Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants
Wed Sep 24, 2008
By Michelle Nichols

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nobel Peace Prize winner and environmental crusader Al Gore urged young people on Wednesday to engage in civil disobedience to stop the construction of coal plants without the ability to store carbon.

The former U.S. vice president, whose climate change documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" won an Academy Award, told a philanthropic meeting in New York City that "the world has lost ground to the climate crisis."

"If you're a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration," Gore told the Clinton Global Initiative gathering to loud applause.

Reuters - cont'd
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: "Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants& Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I could hardly imagine anyone rising to the level of loathing in which I hold John Kerry...but this self-serving wannabe-messiah Gore is, apparently, trying to give Kerry a run for his money...

Quote:
Wed Sep 24, 2008
By Michelle Nichols

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nobel Peace Prize winner and environmental crusader Al Gore urged young people on Wednesday to engage in civil disobedience to stop the construction of coal plants without the ability to store carbon.

The former U.S. vice president, whose climate change documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" won an Academy Award, told a philanthropic meeting in New York City that "the world has lost ground to the climate crisis."

"If you're a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration," Gore told the Clinton Global Initiative gathering to loud applause.

Reuters - cont'd

I think this is reflected about how several protestors were aquitted in Great Britain because it was their right to do the same thing. He is a sorry POS.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: "Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants& Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Quote:
Wed Sep 24, 2008
By Michelle Nichols

Reuters - cont'd

I think this is reflected about how several protestors were aquitted in Great Britain because it was their right to do the same thing. He is a sorry POS.

Yeahbut, he was a sorry POS before his stand against coal. Wink

This has to be winning a lot of votes for the Dems in Appalachia. Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is no doubt spurred on by the outcome of the Green Peace case in Great Britain. To Gore, destruction of personal property would be okay, as long as it is in line with his philosophy.

It leaves me wondering how he would feel about such "civil disobedience" outside his own energy consuming and wasteful home?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

After his home energy use was exposed, he undertook measure to "green up" his massive home. Apparently, they failed.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=27600
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list of people who need to have their mouths sewed shut is growing.
Let's see.....there is:
John Kerry
Jane Fonda
Harry Ried
Nancy Pelosi
Jimmy Carter
Al Gore
etc.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden contributes to Democratic votes as well. Laughing

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122230521033973805.html?mod=djemEditorialPage

edit: Hyperlink activated/me#1
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I urge civil disobedience in front of Gore's home...

or his floating home...

or him in general...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
ok, I urge civil disobedience in front of Gore's home...

or his floating home...

or him in general...

While the temptation to respond in kind may be great, following Gore out onto his limb is bad strategery. When it breaks, enjoy the show.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are man-bear-pigs on the Endangered Species List?

-Wlm Shakespeare
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1 - when that limb goes - oh my goodness!!! lol!!!

and while I often (always) wish the repubs would get a backbone
or grow some 'parts', I don't want them to be nasty or lie.

that just defeats our goal. at least mine. (tho I can throw some sharp words sometimes)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poetic justice would be for the government to exercise imminent domain to confiscate his mansions as repositories for all the carbon being bought up from 3rd world countries under the carbon offset programs...or just use his properties as toxic waste dumps. He could live there and probably wouldn't even notice the smell from his own stench.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: