SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Educators line up to defend domestic terrorist Ayers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Educators line up to defend domestic terrorist Ayers Reply with quote

Quote:
Educators line up to defend domestic terrorist Ayers
Hundreds endorse letter opposing 'demonization' of former bomber linked to Obama

By Drew Zahn
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

William Ayers

Hundreds of educators have endorsed a letter opposing the "demonization" of Williams Ayers – the domestic terrorist who helped launch Barack Obama's poliltical career, and whose relationship with the Democratic presidential candidate continues to be major controversy – arguing that frequent reports of his involvement in domestic bombings are "designed to intimidate free thinking and stifle critical dialogue."

"We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack," reads the letter, available for endorsement at www.supportbillayers.org.

"The current characterizations of Professor Ayers – 'unrepentant terrorist,' 'lunatic leftist' – are unrecognizable to those who know or work with him," the letter continues.

Ayers, as WND has reported, was a key member of the radical Weathermen group – a band of revolutionaries who declared war on the U.S. government and the free enterprise system – during the 1970s and has written about his involvement in bombing the New York City police headquarters in 1970, the Capitol in 1971 and the Pentagon in 1972.

"Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon," Ayers wrote in his memoir, "Fugitive Days," released the day before the Pentagon was struck again in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. "The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them."

The New York Times reported that Ayers later clarified, saying he didn't actually set the bomb, but was visualizing it to dramatize his participation in organizing the attack.

In a Times interview published Sept. 11, 2001, Ayers said, "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." He posed for a photograph accompanying the piece that shows him stepping on an American flag.

The Times also reported that when asked if he would rule out planting another bomb someday, Ayers responded, ''I can't imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.''

Nevertheless, more than 600 educators have endorsed the letter, which dismisses Ayers' terrorist past, fails to mention his more recent statements and asserts, "What is most relevant now is his continued engagement in progressive causes, and his exemplary contribution – including publishing 16 books – to the field of education."

...read the whole article at WND

I would suggest the FBI investigate all 1600+ names on the endorsement for starters and then have them all removed from their positions of poisoning the minds of generations of American students. The 16 books Ayers has written along with the educators conferences and workshops he conducts teach nothing but Marxist anti-capitalism, anti-America brainwashing. We are heading toward oblivion at warp speed.

...is that a hammer and sickle pin on his lapel?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Educators line up to defend domestic terrorist Ayers Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
...is that a hammer and sickle pin on his lapel?

Yes, it is a hammer and sickle. And the link has a blown up version of the photo.
http://www.ed.sc.edu/kridel/Images/026__bill.jpg
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hundreds of educators have endorsed a letter opposing the "demonization" of Williams Ayers

And I'll bet the very same "educators" have no problems with demonizing Israel - and Sarah Palin.

Truth be told. Ayers, unrepentant "wish I had done more" terrorist is a demon.

Further, the issue is irrelevant to the election. The issue is Obama's judgment in associating with a person of this history.

Obamessiah clearly has none that anyone here would recognize.

-- FDL
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hundreds of educators have endorsed a letter opposing the "demonization" of Williams Ayers

How do you demonize one of Satan's spawn?
William Ayers and wife are terrorists. It's that simple.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys don't get it! These educators know the score, look how well they're educating our children. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised that you question their support for a radical terrorist, when it's perfectly obvious that he's one of them.
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just sickened that there are so many of them.

there's more I'm sure - the others just don't know Ayres...

how sad our country has let so many of them teach in our schools. It must be very widespread from the number of younger women (under 45) that are on another board with me... they don't 'think' (right...) they've been brainwashed by anyone.
but they regularly are calling cps if they hear someone yelling at their kid (in a grocery or somewhere), asking IF they should call cps because they saw ? (like one time accurrance ) - nothing that would endanger the child's life etc . just not in agreement with their way. like spanking. yet they support late term abortion and see nothing wrong with Obama being against medical help for a baby that survives an abortion.

if you don't support gay marriage, you are responsible for violence and even death to gays...? yep.

they think that there is no place in politics for 'religion' / Christianity. In other words - no one should ever know about it. You can pray in you home - no need to do it anywhere else. Don't mention God or pray in public.

drives me nuts...

maybe it's the end of the world and I'll be done with them... lol!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: