SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to Hold Hearings on Chasing Pirates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Kerry to Hold Hearings on Chasing Pirates Reply with quote

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- As a young Navy swift boat commander in Vietnam, Sen. John Kerry was no stranger to the perils of hot pursuit in combat.

He was awarded a Silver Star for beaching his boat after a rocket attack and racing ashore to chase down and kill a Viet Cong fighter armed with a rocket launcher.

Nearly 40 years later, as incoming chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Kerry favors using hot pursuit against pirates in the waters off Somalia, but urges a cautious approach before U.S officials consider sending American forces to chase them ashore. Kerry plans committee hearings next year looking at the problems posed by piracy.

More at Fox News

Kerry was in Viet Nam? Rolling Eyes
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"If you've just got one patrol boat and it chases guys in and people go ashore without enough firepower, without knowing what they're up against, you can get into a lot of trouble," Kerry said.

Profound. Just...profound. Surely right up there with Sun Tzu. Rolling Eyes

And what's with the seemingly gratuitous rehash of the SVPT story? What the hell does that have to do with this purported "story"? It reads almost like a non-sequitur.

Giving this just a bit more consideration, I don't recall reading an iota of press emanating from Kerry's much-ballyhoo'd attendance at the preliminaries for next year's global warmist assault on free enterprise. Did I just miss it or is Jean Fraud getting cold political feet on the issue?

As it's an AP story and assuming this (cough) "news" to be a Kerry promo, I was curious as to its authorship. Expecting to find Kerry-toady Glen Johnson, I was, instead, introduced to AP's Andrew Miga...

Quote:
Kerry urges caution on 'hot pursuit' in Somalia
By ANDREW MIGA

Associated Press

A quick "Google" on Mr. Miga returned, yes, a "Facebook" entry which I thought might be interesting. It was. Among Mr. Miga's 152 "friends"?

Joe Lockhart, Joe Trippi, Michael Meehan and, last but certainly not least, the incomparably puerile David Wade. Perhaps you'll recognize a few more.

I suspect we'll be hearing more from Mr. Miga as "Live Shot" attempts to milk his SFRC chairmanship (and booby prize?) for all its worth, and I fully expect to see Kerry's Senate grandstanding as a potential source of trouble for the new Obama administration.

P.S. Just saw this great photoshop over at FR...they certainly don't waste any time in satirizing this buffoon... Laughing

TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the only Pirates Kerry could catch....

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Somali Pirates seized a ship under American flag, even though the crew retook the ship and the captain gave himself over for hostage, John 'Fraud' Kerry is once again Calling for Hearings

Quote:
"These acts of piracy off of Somalia’s coastline may seem surreal, but they’re all too real and a thorough policy debate is long overdue," said Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) in a statement. "When Americans, including at least one from Massachusetts, are endangered, you’ve got a complicated and dangerous international situation brewing, and that includes questions about a hot-pursuit policy on Somalia’s coastline."

Quote:
"There have been more than 50 attacks in the area this year alone and the problem isn’t going away," Kerry said. "I plan to hold hearings to further examine the growing threat of piracy and all the policy options that need to be on the table before the next fire drill becomes an international incident with big implications.”

Didn't we just hear all this in December?

And now, more studies? More Hearings? More bravado instead of actions?

Maybe he should join in with Obama and issue a joint "stern response." Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cackling Hillary probably put the fear of God into 'em by reminding everyone that we went through this a couple of centuries ago and we "partnered up" with Morocco to solve it back then...wait a minute, that ain't the way I heard it...something about ..."to the shores of Tripoli"....Marines....hmmm, I need to grab my old Jr. High history book...the one that actually had true history before the revisionists started rewriting it and brush up on this story.....
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty set of a BS stamp on this hearing nonsense at first but lately I've come round to thinking it just might be the best way to go.

With hearings come delays - grandstanding, counter grandstanding, counter-counter ... well you get the picture.

Such delays are probably a good thing. At least then dumb dumb Kerry gets much needed stupid exposure and it slows down Obama's ability to kiss up to the pirates and make nice.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we buy enough time with congressional hearings, we can get the USS Constitution on station,

We should all stock up on popcorn Razz

Meanwhile, brave Captain Phillips will have to save himself while President GoodWrench addresses more serious concerns. You can't make this stuff up!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura Ingraham gave the quickest, cheapest and simplest way of ending this situation I've heard yet.

Four Marine Snipers and Four bullets.

Crisis over!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are on to the sniper thing because they have boarded up the windows and are staying out of sight, so....

...a Navy Seal attaches a remotely detonated explosive to the bottom of the boat and waits for the next time the Captain tries to excape by jumping overboard and swimming. As soon as he is clear of the boat, push the detonator button...hate to lose a perfectly good lifeboat, though.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the snipers are out, aim every gun on the Destroyer at the little boat and let them know the only thing keeping the guns from firing is the Captain's safety.

Then tell them their only hope is to release the Captain, unharmed, and drift away, free and clear. Harm the Captain and every gun opens fire immediately.

Give them one hour to comply.

Once the Captain is released unharmed, fire the guns with a big "oops, we bad, sorry about that."
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...of course there's that embarrassing "armada" of captured ships steaming to reinforce the 4 Pirates, so will Obama eventually surpass Carter's record for the most non-military hostages held by Muslim terrorists for the longest time when this all plays out...and the Pirates/Muslim Jihadis get their own Reality Show and an interview on Larry King? I can't believe Obama and Geithner haven't already included the ransom in the latest "stimulus" package or the just-passed budget. At the rate things are going, Somalia will be a rich nation soon and be able to buy even better Pirate ships to keep the cycle going.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Obama's lack of replies to questions asked of him about this, it appears he cannot be bothered.

So, your scenario may turn out true.

It seems when we put Democrats in charge, every little tin horn dictator and third world nation of thugs knows they can do as they please against us with impunity.

Last edited by LewWaters on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships Captain Freed, 3 of 4 Pirates dead, fourth in custody aboard the USS Bainbridge.

CNN.com

So much for Kerry's "hearings."

Well Done to our Military.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting to give the "go ahead". The news is making it look like it was all Obama's idea, but knowing what we know about him and his policies, there must be more to it than that. Maybe his focus group finally gave their results. If he thought he could gain personally from it, he would have blown his grandmother out of the water, so we'll have to see how the "rest of the story" plays out. In the meantime, let's all be thankful for the safe return of the Captain and the apparent happy ending to this ugly drama. Well done Seals! You will probably see more action before this nest of Muslim thug Jihadis (aka "Pirates") is totally dispatched to Davy Jones' Locker to spend eternity with 72 ugly Sirens.

..."after review from the booth", it seems "'President Barack Obama granted the Pentagon's request for standing authority to use appropriate force to save the life of the captain', Vice Admiral William Gortney, head of the U.S. Naval Central Command, said in a Pentagon briefing from Bahrain. 'They were pointing the AK-47s at the captain. The on-scene commander took it as the captain was in imminent danger and then made that decision (to kill the pirates) and he had the authority to make that decision and he had seconds to make that decision.'"

"PIRATES" Vow Revenge!

Somali pirates were quick to vow revenge over the shooting of their comrades, as well as a French military assault to rescue a yacht on Friday.

"The French and the Americans will regret starting this killing. We do not kill, but take only ransom. We shall do something to anyone we see as French or American from now," Hussein, a pirate, told Reuters by satellite phone...hmmmm, they already killed a French hostage. Did they forget about that one, or do they mean they only kill some hostages but now, look out, they are REALLY mad and they will kill more.....Arrrrrgg!

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS

Andrew Mwangura, coordinator of Mombasa-based East African Seafarers Assistance Program, said the rescue would change the stakes in future pirate attacks.

"This is a big wake-up to the pirates. It raises the stakes. Now they may be more violent, like the pirates of old," he said.

So far, pirates have generally treated hostages well, sometimes roasting goat meat for them and even passing phones round so they can call loved ones. The worst violence reported has been the occasional beating and no hostages are known to have been killed by pirates.

"This could escalate violence in this part of the world -- no question about it," said Gortney.

The U.S. Justice Department said in a statement it "will be reviewing the evidence and other issues to determine whether to seek prosecution in the United States."

...Jimmy Carter LIberal approach to fighting wars. Treat every engagement like a crime. Bog down OUR courts. I guess some types NEVER learn. OK, let's flood the jury pool with Vets.....
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Obama was quick to take credit for this, Twice authorizing lethal force according to unnamed White House officials, will he also accept blame should this escalate as promised by the Pirates?

I think the Navy Seals acted appropriately and killing these Pirates was the right choice, but I highly doubt Obama placed his personal stamp of approval on it, considering that just Friday he refused any comment and deflected questions.

Bush would have been castigated for "excessive use of force" had this happened during his term and escalated, whether he gave the green light or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: