SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revising History, MSNBC/AP Style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Revising History, MSNBC/AP Style Reply with quote

While documentation of wholesale media bias in the reporting of the 2004 SVPT campaign is prolific and undeniable in its scope, catching them at it still serves to amuse.

Such was the case as I happened upon an MSNBC/AP story dated April 21, 2004, "Kerry campaign provides military records".

As has become habit with me, my first inclination was to "tag" the story utilizing my "delicious" bookmarking service...but something odd kept recurring as I attempted to do so. Rather than recording the aforementioned MSNBC story title as written, "delicious" was, instead, recording "Kerry campaign provides some military records" (emphasis mine). "Now that's odd" thought I. Why was "delicious" insistent upon inserting a single word that might serve to paint Kerry as a liar and a fraud inre his prior pronouncements as to the completeness of his records?

Some minor sleuthing quickly solved the mystery. MSNBC, in less than 24 hours, had (cough) "revised" the title of the story as originally published...but MSNBC forgot to change the "title" of the "header" of the "source" HTML document...which "delicious" was dutifully presenting...OOPS!...

Quote:
<title>Kerry provides some military records - Politics- msnbc.com</title>

I'll leave it to your own considerations as to the impetus behind this journalistic slight-of-hand, but I was now curious about the "evolution" of this title and, perhaps, of the story itself.

A quick trip to "The Wayback Machine" (utilizing the same story link) provided a quick answer to that question...and a comparative reading of the now-disappeared original story (April 20, 2004) vs. the MSNBC/AP "cleaned up" version is highly amusing.

Good thing the "Wayback Machine" was "on duty" prior to MSNBC's employment of their historical eraser. Too little, too late though, as the Washington Post had already corroborated Kerry's dissembling on the issue.

Kerry and his minions just didn't have enough fingers to plug this particular dike.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Dan Rather when Lurch needs him?

If you want an honest alternative to wikipedia, try this one.

Conservapedia is a clean and concise resource for those seeking the truth. They do not allow liberal bias to deceive and distort there. Founded initially in November 2006 as a way to educate advanced, college-bound homeschoolers, this resource has grown into a marvelous source of information for students, adults and teachers alike. They have received over 50 million page views!

They have a very honest and positive portrayal of the Swiftvets and even mention "To Set the Record Straight" in a positive light and provide a link to www.wintersoldier.com . You guys and Scott could probably add even more details if you wanted to.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: