SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Soldier fables: Anti-war "Marine" outed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Winter Soldier fables: Anti-war "Marine" outed Reply with quote

Quote:
Winter Soldier fables: Anti-war "Marine"was lying mental patient
By Michelle Malkin • May 13, 2009 10:55 PM

You remember Jessie MacBeth, don’t you? He was the fake “Army Ranger” thug who lied about serving in Iraq and was promoted by the Iraq Veterans Against the War until milbloggers exposed him as a total fraud.

Well, meet a guy who makes Jessie MacBeth look like a choir boy.

And add this story to the ever-growing file of bogus Winter Soldier Syndrome tales from MacBeth and Micah Wright to Josh Lansdale and Amorita Randall.

“Rick Duncan” of Colorado Springs was a prominent anti-war activist who claimed to have served in Iraq on three tours of duty AND survived the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon. He has now been unmasked as a lying mental patient (via Colorado Springs Gazette with a big hat tip to This Ain’t Hell):

The leader of a statewide veterans group who fought for homeless veterans in Colorado Springs was in the Denver County jail on Wednesday, unmasked as a former psychiatric patient who posed as a wounded Marine officer and 9/11 survivor.

Federal authorities are looking into whether Rick Duncan, whose real name is Richard Glen Strandlof, could have pilfered money he raised in the name of Colorado veterans, said Daniel Warvi of the Colorado Veterans Alliance (CVA), the group that Duncan founded.

We were all taken aback,” Warvi said.

Strandlof, 31, who invented the name Duncan and claimed he was a former Marine captain and 1997 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, never served in the military and falsely claimed that he was in the Pentagon during the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the group said.

Two members of CVA said the group became suspicious of the man they knew as Duncan after discovering inconsistencies in his personal story…The group said it found that Strandlof had been a patient in a mental hospital in Washoe County, Nev., at the time of the roadside bombing in Fallujah, Iraq, that he claimed left him severely wounded. CVA members contacted the FBI field office in Denver, which opened an investigation in early May and arrested him Tuesday night in downtown Denver on a traffic warrant originating in El Paso County.

According to Warvi, when an FBI agent asked whether he was Strandlof or Duncan, he responded “both,” then requested an attorney.

...cowards, liars, traitors, and deserters "taken aback" to learn they are surrounded by fellow cowards, liars, traitors, and deserters and now by a MENTAL PATIENT POSEUR....time for them to change sentries...the ones they've had posted so far are fast asleep....
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to you quote:

Quote:
He often spoke vividly of being in the Pentagon on Sept. 11 when a hijacked airliner was crashed into the building.

“The duality of that day, the good and the bad that I saw that day, are forever etched in my mind and in my memory,” he told KOAA television in an interview last year marking the anniversary of the attacks.

"are forever etched in my mind and in my memory,”

Was Hanoi John coaching this guy? "Etched im my memory, I tell ya!"

Yeah, that's the ticket. Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper, Great job of sleuthing...Kerry's fingerprints are all over this poop pile. This guy is following in the footsteps of the VVAW leadership...and probably smoking the same stuff.....

"I was Richard Glen Strandlof BEFORE I became Rick Duncan"....
"I was FOR the war before I was against it"....

...so how long before Kerry writes a letter to the court extoling his virtues and his character and asking the court for leniency (or is that LENIN-iency) like he did for Wade Sanders....?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: It gets even better Reply with quote

Quote:
IVAW/VoteVets fraud was an Escaped Mental Patient?
Mrs Greyhawk

It seems an anti-war “Marine” from IVAW has now been unmasked as a lying mental patient. He’s never served a day in the Marines, as he has claimed.

“Rick Duncan” (Richard Glen Strandlof) of Colorado Springs was a prominent anti-war activist who claimed to have served in Iraq on three tours of duty AND survived the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon.

Greyhawk updates: Real Iraq veterans get suckered into joining IVAW (Iraq Veterans Against War), too. Here's a resignation letter from one of them that offers insight into what this fraudulent "anti-war" group is really all about.

Hell, even their leader (allegedly a former Coast Guard member) isn't an Iraq vet. (At least he admits it.)

More from Greyhawk:

He was not an "escaped mental patient" - unless there's more news to follow.

Our hero (or someone else named "Rick Strandlof") was trying to run something called the "Reno Tahoe Grand Prix" in 2005/2006.

Fabulous!

....read more at the link above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: