SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama’s Sept. 8 speech to schoolchildren
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INCOMING! Looks like the Grand Mufti of Chicago, aka "Dear Leader", is attacking on all fronts.

Obama to make unprecedented address to all public school students; September 8...

Michelle Malkin also has some insight on it.

Obama’s Sept. 8 speech to schoolchildren

By Michelle Malkin - September 1, 2009 01:06 PM
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is incumbent upon every parent of every grade school child pre-K thru 6 to determine whether their school is planning to subject their child to this outrageous, leftist DoE brainwashing. If so, non-attendance on September 8 should be seriously contemplated.

Quote:
Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. These would be collected and redistributed at an appropriate later date by the teacher to make students accountable to their goals.

Good Lord. This gets more frightening everyday.

note: I'm giving this its own topic.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from "Gateway Pundit".

Quote:
Dear Leader to Address Youth On Community Life & Sharing

Dear Leader will address the beloved youth on September 8th.

Hat Tip Jay

In an unprecented move, President Obama will address the nation's youth at their institutions of indoctrination.
The White House even released a list of questions for the youth members to discuss before, during and after Dear Leader's blessed address, such as:

• Why is it important that we listen to the President and other elected officials, like the mayor, senators, members of congress, or the governor? Why is what they say important?

During the Speech:

• As the President speaks, teachers can ask students to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful. Students could use a note-taking graphic organizer such as a Cluster Web, or students could record their thoughts on sticky notes. Younger children can draw pictures and write as appropriate.

As students listen to the speech, they could think about the following:

What is the President trying to tell me?
What is the President asking me to do?
What new ideas and actions is the President challenging me to think about?

• Students can record important parts of the speech where the President is asking them to do something.

• Students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do? Is he asking anything of anyone else? Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people?

Related... Obama signed his controversial Youth Brigades Bill in April. The bill increased domestic troop strength from 70,000 to 250,000. In March the Senate voted to allow ACORN funding in the Youth Brigades Bill.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps naievely, I assumed this demonstration of the DoE's fundamentally leftist ideology was, at least, at arm's-length from the White House. I was wrong...

Quote:
WH withdraws call for students to 'help' Obama
By Matthew Mosk
The Washington Times
Wednesday, September 2, 2009

President Obama's plan to inspire the nation's schoolchildren with a video address next week erupted into controversy Wednesday, forcing the White House to pull out its eraser and rewrite a government recommendation that teachers nationwide assign students a paper on how to "help the president."

Presidential aides acknowledged the White House helped the U.S. Education Department craft the proposal,

Washington Times - cont'd

We are in serious trouble.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it been President Bush to issue any of the proposals we see coming out of today's White House, can you imagine the outcry from those who now sit back and smile and approve of this rapid conversion of our country?

Some of the one's he appoints as "czars" ought to be jailed for sedition, not holding positions of power in our government and unaccountable to taxpayers.

Van Jones Video

I'm not a big fan of Glen Beck, but he sure seems to have it right in this one.

Glen Beck on Van Jones

Yet another on Briebart News,

‘Green Jobs’ Goal is ‘Complete Revolution’ Away From ‘Gray Capitalism’

Add this to the school "speech" and several other "programs" pushed by this administration, as well as the tactics used to promote them and yes, We are in serious trouble.

The proposed lesson plans that were to be used, along with several other documents, can be viewed and downloaded HERE
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...brought to you by a Secretary of Education who single-handedly destroyed the already failing Chicago Public Schools....all that is missing is the children's choir singing praises to "Dear Leader" as the backdrop...like they do in North Korea or during the opening ceremony in the Beijing Olympics...or during the Obama campaign. Can we last another year at this rate?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if some serious recalls were started, the Dem Congress would get the word, and not support this guy. I'm surprised that I haven't seen petitions already. Have pen, will sign!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovetails nicely with this bit from Hollywood doesn't it.
Creepy video
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they could present a history lesson after the speech:

American Minute with Bill Federer

September 4

Rome fell SEPTEMBER 4, 476AD.

In the centuries preceding, Rome was overrun with illegal immigrants:
Visigoths, Franks, Anglos, Saxons, Ostrogoths, Burgundians, Lombards
and Vandals.

They first assimilated, many working as servants, but then came so
fast they did not learn the Latin language.

Militarily superior Roman Legions marched rapidly on advanced roads
but were strained fighting conflicts worldwide.

Rome had a trade deficit, having outsourced its grain production to
North Africa, and when the Vandals captured that area, Rome did not
have the resources to retaliate.

Attila the Hun committed terrorist attacks.

Rome was on welfare with citizens given free bread.

One Roman commented:

"Those who live at the expense of the public funds are more numerous
than those who provide them."

Tax collectors were "more terrible than the enemy."

Rome was in debt with huge government bureaucracies.

A history of court favoritism, infidelity, exposure of unwanted
infants, perverted bathhouses, sexual immorality, as seen in Pompei's
ruins, and violent entertainment by gladiators in the Coliseum, led
5th-Century historian Salvian to write:

"O Roman people be ashamed...Let nobody think otherwise, the vices of
our bad lives have alone conquered us."
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An important point is being overlooked. Other Presidents have addressed school children, but they followed established protocol both in how the addresses were set up and in the content. Obama has violated both, but the violation of the HOW it was set up is significant.

Quote:
Obama Bypasses School Superintendents: Obama Contacts School Principals

Did you know that President Obama went directly to School Principals to announce his plans to speak to our school age children? And did you know this is a "major breach of protocol?" Did you know that, at least, he should have only contacted School Superintendents? Here's the story from American Daughter.

....read the rest at the links....
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After viewing the various "Dear Leader..." media analyses on and off for most of the day, the story is being straw-manned and framed (with few exceptions) as some partisan right-wing objection to the President addressing schoolchildren AT ALL.

With one exception that I can recall, purportedly "conservative" representatives, who should have been railing against the initial blatant politicization of this event by Obama's White House and the DoE, instead allowed themselves to be pigeon-holed into the defense of a position that few, if any, conservatives hold (Newt Gingrich was probably the weakest of the weak).

Pretty dismal performance all in all.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you know why I refer to the "GOP" as "Geldings On Prozac".
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
After viewing the various "Dear Leader..." media analyses on and off for most of the day, the story is being straw-manned and framed (with few exceptions) as some partisan right-wing objection to the President addressing schoolchildren AT ALL.

With one exception that I can recall, purportedly "conservative" representatives, who should have been railing against the initial blatant politicization of this event by Obama's White House and the DoE, instead allowed themselves to be pigeon-holed into the defense of a position that few, if any, conservatives hold (Newt Gingrich was probably the weakest of the weak).

Pretty dismal performance all in all.

IOW, nothing new. If you'll recall, this dismal performance has been playing for some time. Last year's election fronted an extremely weak conservative candidate in McCain, and when they had control of the government, they didn't know what to do with that power. Few have the fortitude to take the bull by the horns nowadays, the movement lacks enough men of action. I'm sorely disappointed in the current conservative leadership. My .02˘ worth.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some new faces will emerge from the anticipated 100,000 expected at the big TEA Party on Sep 12...not holding my breath, though.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope. I'll tell ya one thing, if Sarah Plain had anything to say about what goes on we would not be taking prisoners. She has cajones, and she likes to "get'er done!". Besides, she scares the crap out of the Libs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: