SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about picture of VFW member wearing a BS Protector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Question about picture of VFW member wearing a BS Protector Reply with quote

Question about picture of VFW member wearing a BS Protector.

The link is to snopes dot com.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/earflap.asp

I really thought that this man was at a VFW function where John Kerry was speaking during the 2004 Election.

Snopes is claiming that it was during a Bush speech in 2005.

I can not seem to find mention of it with the use of this sites search engine.

I suppose that I am not using the correct terms or phase to help me find it.

Any one else here remember any thing about it or have another scource other than snopes?
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your common sense, Harvusong.

Would the AP release that picture if it were associated with a Democrat event?

Come on, get real!!

Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know what the VFW vet was disgusted with unless it was the lack of progress in Veterans' benefits and the shambles the VA hospitals are in. At least Bush never called vets "baby killers" and "....the army of Genghis Khan...."
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the BS protector was worn at Kerry speech to the VFW in Las Vegas, but, I may be mistaken. Sorry I can't be of more help.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at the Kerry address to the VFW, several of them stood up and turned their backs on him. The BS protector was, indeed, at a Bush speech. I can only assume it was over poor VA benefits movement by Bush and the pitiful state of the VA hospitals, and sadly, Bush pushed very little for any improvement in either.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
I think at the Kerry address to the VFW, several of them stood up and turned their backs on him. The BS protector was, indeed, at a Bush speech. I can only assume it was over poor VA benefits movement by Bush and the pitiful state of the VA hospitals, and sadly, Bush pushed very little for any improvement in either.

They should have mooned Kerry. I had thought that Dubya would have done more for vets and retirees, but, I was wrong about that one too! Maybe 911 and Iraq/Afghanistan commanded too much of his attention, I dunno.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the huge increase in federal spending under Republicans, of all the places NOT to increase spending, the benefits to veterans has to rank dead LAST. President Bush (both of them) had every opportunity to make up a lot of lost ground, but neither made much of an attempt. The big knock on GW Bush is that he spent like a Liberal, yet he couldn't find a few bucks to spend on VETERANS? I'll never understand that failure....never.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't get any argument from me, but military retirees should not be forgotten either.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella, an oversight on my part not to include retirees specifically. I respect all veterans equally, but those who stay around to earn retirement benefits should most certainly receive what was promised to them...no slight intended toward retirees.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to note on the earpiece.

Everything I find says it was at a Bush speech, but leave it to our so called mainstream media, the same ones who ignored the Van Jones controversy until he resigned yesterday, to focus on one Vet with the earpiece, making out like he was with the majority, while ignoring the Kerry speech where several stood up and turned their backs.

It's all in how it is covered and the right isn't going to get fair coverage as long as the left holds power over the media.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, it appears the tide may be turning. The template of bloggers and TEA Partiers calling attention to REAL news stories being ignored or covered up by the "Main Stream Media" is being applied more and more, and with YouTube and Glenn Beck getting out the videos,....well, you never know what could happen. The propagandists in the media will dig in their heels as much as possible, but there is a juggernaut coming at them, and they may just get run over. Let the "information" dam burst!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: