SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Climatologists Baffled by Global Warming Time-Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Climatologists Baffled by Global Warming Time-Out Reply with quote

This should go over well in Copenhagen. The "scientific" chickens are coming home to roost. I wonder just when the GW science establishment save face exodus from this incredible scam will commence in earnest. (all highlights original to article)

Quote:
Climatologists Baffled by Global Warming Time-Out
By Gerald Traufetter
Spiegel Online International
11/19/2009

Global warming appears to have stalled. Climatologists are puzzled as to why average global temperatures have stopped rising over the last 10 years. Some attribute the trend to a lack of sunspots, while others explain it through ocean currents.

<snip>

Reached a Plateau

The planet's temperature curve rose sharply for almost 30 years, as global temperatures increased by an average of 0.7 degrees Celsius (1.25 degrees Fahrenheit) from the 1970s to the late 1990s. "At present, however, the warming is taking a break," confirms meteorologist Mojib Latif of the Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences in the northern German city of Kiel. Latif, one of Germany's best-known climatologists, says that the temperature curve has reached a plateau. "There can be no argument about that," he says. "We have to face that fact."

Even though the temperature standstill probably has no effect on the long-term warming trend, it does raise doubts about the predictive value of climate models, and it is also a political issue. For months, climate change skeptics have been gloating over the findings on their Internet forums. This has prompted many a climatologist to treat the temperature data in public with a sense of shame, thereby damaging their own credibility.

"It cannot be denied that this is one of the hottest issues in the scientific community," says Jochem Marotzke, director of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg. "We don't really know why this stagnation is taking place at this point."

Spiegel Online International - cont'd
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it could be caused by the success of the "environmentalists" in choking off oil production...you know, not drilling into the two Kilometers beneath the surface where OwlGore says the temperature is "millions of degrees"....is that F or C?

He's big on "geothermal", getting at that "millions of degrees" hot water....and what is the boiling point of water again?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an e-mail today...

Quote:

Hot Air Tour Rally in Portland

This past Wednesday night in Portland, Oregon we had hundreds upon hundreds of grassroots activists in a downtown park protesting Al Gore's (without a doubt the largest emitter of hot air in the nation) pro-cap-and-trade speech. CLICK HERE for pictures of the event.

Mainstream America in the streets ! Whoulda thunk !
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This calls for the Tar and Feather Brigade to deal with the perpetrators. Unfortunately, that won't happen.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's encouraging. Maybe the people aren't ready to roll over and play dead just yet, after all.

And in Oregon, no less! Will wonders never cease! Wink

OTOH, I just saw the Costco Connection's cover for November - it's Algore with the article, "Rethinking Energy." Ohmigosh! Laughing

A large retail operation set primarily in suburban America and this is who they want associated with their company?

A proven liar. A promoter and profiteer of the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on humanity.

I wonder how that decision was reached at Costco? What were they thinking? I'd have truly liked to have heard that discussion, but maybe that's just me.

"I know, let's put a huge swindler on our magazine cover!"

Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

And in Oregon, no less! Will wonders never cease! Wink

I think we owe it all to Lew Wink

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
OTOH, I just saw the Costco Connection's cover for November - it's Algore with the article, "Rethinking Energy." Ohmigosh! Laughing

A large retail operation set primarily in suburban America and this is who they want associated with their company?

We know what to do now. Take yer pick...

Quote:
shareholder info

Email: investor@costco.com

Additional Contact Information

Community Relations / Charitable Donations
Muriel Cooper
Community Relations & Administration
Email: MCooper@costco.com
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you might be right. Are you in that picture, Lew? Wink

I already wrote to Costco - not that I think it will do any good. Once you've drunk the kool-aid... Wink

I thought that only the wackiest wackos on the left were still paying any attention to algore at all, but here's a pretty mainstream middle-of-America company giving him a platform and splashing his formaldehyded mug on the cover.

Maybe it's me who is out of touch. Maybe it's perfectly acceptable in the business world to associate yourself with known swindlers and liars and cheats.

Kind of like the open bribes taking place in Congress right now - they don't even have to pretend that their votes aren't up for sale. Even when we see it happening, we put up with it, and without much of a fuss, even. Business as usual...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I thought that only the wackiest wackos on the left were still paying any attention to algore at all, but here's a pretty mainstream middle-of-America company giving him a platform and splashing his formaldehyded mug on the cover.

Maybe it's me who is out of touch. Maybe it's perfectly acceptable in the business world to associate yourself with known swindlers and liars and cheats.

It is a sad reality that "ethics" at the highest levels of the business/corporate world will be near-universally trumped by posturing on socio-economic issues calculated to provide the greatest return on investment. For at least the last 2 decades, nothing has impeded the juggernaut of the AGW cabal and the incorporation of their"green" religion into EVERY facet of our government/cultural institutions...and "corporate America" saw the handwriting on the wall many moons ago...which leads me to another thought.

While my schooling in political philosophy may be slim and somewhat atrophied, I've always thought of "fascism", in its purest form, as an ultimately oppressive cabal of government/ideological/corporate interests.

Needless to say, Wikipedia (while appearing to confirm my concept) has its own slant...

Quote:
Fascism...is a political ideology that seeks to combine radical and authoritarian nationalism with a corporatist economic system, and which is usually considered to be on the far right of the traditional left-right political spectrum (to which some poor, optimistic, objecting soul has appended a "dubious" tag).

IMHO, should this abominable "cap & trade" institutionalization of global warmism ever be let out of the bottle, we'll be looking "fascism" (and I mean REAL "fascism") square in the eye. The corporatists have already lined up for their fair share of the booty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: