SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch Your Backs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Watch Your Backs Reply with quote

Just got through watching Lefty Davis on Hannity; certainly got my dander up. Someone is coaching these guys in psyops:

Up until now this whole discussion has been about Swift Boats. Part of the argument against the Swift Vets has been that "you had to be on Kerry's boat to know what really happened. We all know how the boats worked and that they were a very small community; if someone on boat 94 farted, someone on boat 44 bitched. Did anyone other than me notice that Lanny repeatedly referred to the boats as "ships". I really don't believe that this was out of ignorance; someone in the know is coaching here. If you can start getting the public to think in terms of ships instead of boats you can make an argument that you had to be on Kerry's boat (ship??) to make a judgement on anything that was going on.

Maybe I'm getting paranoid, but that's the view from the bridge.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could believe that, or you could believe that it's the typical clueless civvie who doesn't know the difference betwee fore and aft, port and starboard, a boat and a ship.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Lanny Davis, O'Neill "never served on any of these boats." Who was it took over Kerry's when he abandoned his crew?

They are desparate and it shows.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
You could believe that, or you could believe that it's the typical clueless civvie who doesn't know the difference betwee fore and aft, port and starboard, a boat and a ship.

Sorry I agree, Its a well crafted retort, and Ill bet its echoed by others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: