SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"HardBall" With Chuck Hagel!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: "HardBall" With Chuck Hagel! Reply with quote

I just watched another interview between Chris Matthews and Chuck Hagel and it is becoming ever more clear that Republicans, whether they be veterans or politicians, are absolutely spineless in dealing with this issue of SBVT. Matthews apparently thinks the only important aspect of the story is who funded the group. He even referred to the Veterans in a very non-descript manner. Knowing his bias, I was hardly surprised. What was surprising was Hagel's response. Surprisely, as a veteran himself, he did not correct Matthews generic label for the SBVT. He then first disassociated the White House and the Republican Party from the ad. Then amazingly, he cited the failure of McCain-Feingold to HOLD ACCOUNTABLE citizen groups. Since when do those in the government have the right to hold accountable the free speech bought and paid for by men who fought on the battlefield? I thought the opposite assumption was the case with the SBVT being the undeniable example. Aren't we, the American people, supposed to be holding the Hagels and Kerrys accountable? He then inexplicable parroted the usual cliches about Americans wanting to HEAR what the candidates will do and not these attacks. Didn't occur to Hagel that WORDS are meaningless if ACTION isn't taken? Isn't the entire point of the SBVT ad that John Kerry's words are nothing but deception and deceit? Doesn't one need character and integrity for his WORDS to mean anything? We don't want to HEAR what John Kerry has to say about making America better because we are convinced that his words are duplicitous. The SBVT ad is the evidence and even Chuck Hagel, Vietnam veteran Republican, seems uninterested!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thor

Please send your post to every email address you can find for NBC and MSNBC.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you have to understand that Hagel is not a Republican. I am from Nebraska and he signed on the ticket because that is the only way he could get elected. He has been against Bush from the begining. I voted against him every time, I would rather have someone who shows their colors rather than an imposter. Haven't you noticed that Hagel gets media attention immediatly when they want to bash the Republicans? The two main figures that get interviewed is Hagel, McCain!! Semper Fi.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Chuck Hagel Reply with quote

Marine4Life,

Thanks for saying what I have been suspecting about Chuck Hagel. I grew up in Nebraska, and Hagel plays the politics there amazingly well. My Mom and most other people I talk to there think he's just WONDERFUL.

I was sickened, though, when he brought up the whole issue of a DRAFT and used it to blatantly play class politics. My family looked at me with blank stares when I went off at the family reunion this summer about how bad it would be for the Army to bring in a bunch of draftees right now that aren't motivated to train and don't want to be there. Sure, you'd get a few good soldiers out of it, but you'd likely get far more malcontents. It's stunning to me how much of the populace thinks that we still use WWII tactics, and that a whole lot of infantrymen with just a few months of training would be useful in a place like Iraq.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Haven't you noticed that Hagel gets media attention immediatly when they want to bash the Republicans? The two main figures that get interviewed is Hagel, McCain!! Semper Fi.

And it's always them same ones too. I don't know who love Hagel/McCain more, Matthews or Bob Shiferbrains at CBS.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there when he first ran for office, guess what he ran on "Vietnam war status". I pegged him as phony out of the gate. After 9-11 I wrote his office and complained that he was out of line by his comments that the muslim faith is a loving faith and he said do not connect these terrorists with the muslim faith. I was outraged that he would say something as stupid as that. I have read the Quran, koran, book of hate and militia against the rest of the infidel world. He is an absolute idiot. Muslim is not a religion, it is a hate mongering, depressing and abusive front for kaos. That is why they treat women so badly. We have to call a spade a spade, a heart a heart. It is quite simple we have to eliminate them or be eliminated, that is the only way to end terrorism. Kerry and his clones just don't get it, or they are planning on being one of the opressors. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: