SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONeill-Chris Matthews Debate Tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never watched Chris Mathews before tonight..... I will NEVER watch him again. That was the most disgusting piece of journalism I have ever seen.

Last edited by Slednfool on Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how Matthews was cutting him off and talking over him and then when he brought it up, Matthews said that was a trick that only conservatives do to him.

Why?

Because he only does that to conservatives.
Matthews was SHAMEFUL
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......looks like both Matthews and Hurley lost their cool.....both were sputtering, Matthews personally attacked O'Neill and accused him of using "typical conservative" tactics by stating that Matthews hadn't allowed him to tell all the facts.....Matthews said he would clock how much time O'Neill was allowed to speak. I can guarantee you that Matthews mouth was open for the majority of the time.

Bottom line.....O'Neill was rock solid and they were flustered and beet red.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so great when Matthews tried to cut him off on the first purple heart by going to a commercial.....coming back and trying to move on to something else but he didn't allow it. That was great Laughing
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I think you got it right.

Kerry's group will use that guy again, he was more capable than Jeh Johnson.

Swiftees must get some of the 60 people out there speaking. Numbers, we need numbers.

The lies about Cambodia need to be spoken about constantly.

Whoever treated the bandaid wound needs to be on television saying it.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud of Mr. O'Neill for not ***** slapping Matthews, waht a fricking left wing hack.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O is eloquent but was cut off twice today, first by James Carville/Lanny Davis tag team on CNN, then by Matthews/Hurley on MSNBC tonight. John needs to be out there talking, but can't get a word in edgewise when he's doubleteamed. Not much to suggest here, but to be aware of new tactics being used by Kerry mouthpieces.

Note: Matthews email: hardball@msnbc.com
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill is grace under fire ... I saw him on Crossfire and on Hardball.

In both cases, it was 2 against one, and John was so incredibly credible and dignified.

And ... Chris Matthews lost it!!!

You know, one reason I watch Hardball is that while Matthews has an agenda .. he WILL pause when he trips over a fact. He paused, with that ohmigod look on his face towards the end of John's discussion. Then ... he wound up, redfaced with the democrat mantra "John Kerry has been a vet. John Kerry has done more than anybody else for this country. John Kerry has served more than our current president" Etc. Etc.

Those two debates on Hardball and on Crossfire were probably the worst. Hang tough, guys, and God Bless you.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email just sent to Matthews:

Chris you kept answering your own questions. Nice how you guys avoided the Cambodia story. Nice how you failed to acknowledge that Elliott in an affidavit states he would have not recommended the Silver Star. Nice how you brushed over the fact that Hibbard denied Kerry’s request for a Purple Heart. Nice how you failed to ask if Kerry was ever hospitalized or missed any duty because of his injuries. Nice how you did not find it peculiar that someone could get all of those medals in four months. And finally very nice how you avoided discussing that Kerry came home and lied before Congress about atrocities committed by himself and fellow servicemen.

You are Unfit for Journalism.

Benny Barrow
Jacksonville Beach, FL
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was up with the "conservative trick" reference??? How paranoid did Matthews appear???? If he would watch a replay of the episode he would be ashamed of himself. The supposedly objective moderator of the discussion reduces himself to a more vile level than Hurley.
VietnamVetsWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Mathews is disgusting! Reply with quote

Hi all I am new to posting, but have been reading for a while.
I am still shaking from chrissy's hatred!
I saw cnn and softball, and I am appalled at how this political hacks are behaving!
Mr. O'Neil is an honorable man, and deserves respect from those puky hacks that have no idea what they are talking about!

I applaud you Mr. O'Neil, and keep on pushing, there are people listening!
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my e-mail to Matthews

Quote:
I have great respect for John O'Neill for speaking out and having the courage to face the tag-teaming he received on your show tonight. Wow.......Mr. O'Neill made you and Mr. Hurley look like nothing but sputtering Kerry mouthpieces. It's apparent that you and your liberal associates only like the facts when it supports your ideology and practice censure when facts that support the opposition are revealed. I only watched your show because I heard that Mr. O'Neill would be on. I now know why I've avoided your show in the past and will continue to avoid it in the future. Your blatant, rude and shrill attack on Mr. O'Neill (which seems to be more and more the liberal-left way to deal with the truth) reminded me of why I'm moving more and more away from being a moderate to being a conservative.

I watched Brit Hume deal with this same topic today and his demeanor makes you look like a spoiled brat that isn't getting his way. You, Mr. Matthews, are unfit to be in the journalistic profession.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ Princess!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Matthews!

It was an ambush all the way.

Ask question-interrupt answer
Set up false scenario-cut off answer
Let HIS guest talk uninterrupted.
Wouldn't let Cambodia be brought up.

Samo Samo
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Kurtsprincess!

There's a good point to be learned here. We are making ourselves feel good talking about these things but we need to barage these leftist-commie news people with emails stating our support for the Swifties. Otherwise, we are just exercising our mouths and fingers and not protecting these upstanding Vets against this onslaught against the truth.

I've written to all the networks after each interview to give my take. I want to be heard as well - I SUPPORT THESE GUYS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: