SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONeill-Chris Matthews Debate Tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished reading some of the transcript.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0408/12/cf.00.html

In my opinion John O'Neill creamed those guys so bad that they were screeching like 5th graders. The guy with the biggest mouth wins on the schooyard, but not here. His calm demeanor means death to them, and they're letting their winged monkey insides show!

John, you are to be commended. What a show of calm. Your approach cuts through their crap like a hot wire through TurayZah's morning breath!

Congratulations! And Semper Fi,

MarineBrat
thank-u-vets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineBrat

Indeed. John was very calm under the most hostile interviewing sessions I have ever seen.

It was more like a crude interrogation.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a great display of the debating skills of the Ultra Left. I am glad I missed it cause there would have been a good display of me yelling at the TV. Wife hates it when I do that. Tells me it is not worth giving myself a heartattack.

edit cause of no typing skills
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdonions wrote:
I am glad I missed it cause there would have been a good display of me yelling at the TV. Wife hates it when I do that. Tells me it is not worth giving myself a heartattack.
Very Happy I do my wife one worse. I pause the TiVo, rant and rave for a minute or two, and then unpause. It extends a 1/2 hour show like Crossfire by at least an extra 10 minutes!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now the ranter and raver at the television set, these days.

Man, some of these hosts' ears would fall off if they heard it every time I yelled at them to STFU! Embarassed I know, potty mouth. Wink

Before I got political, I used to rant and rave at the hubs for yelling at the television. Now, the roles are reversed.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: ONeill-Chris Matthews Debate Tonight Reply with quote

The Honorable John O'Neil did a great job considering he was in enemy territory. I think he gained ground, here is why, and some key suggestions for anyone:

1) 1st Purple Heart,- No Casualty Report or Action Report (this is mandatory), he explained that Kerry's request was rightfully denied by CO Hibbard and how "EYEWITTNESSES" claim wound was"SELF INFLICTED" with no enemy fire (you must use these exact words in your argument).
Kerry kept a splinter in his arm for a day! WHAT!? After he was denied award by “the NAVY” (Hibbard+ Schechtle), he used the system and a transfer to mysteriously get medal 3 months later. Happens all the time.

2) O'Neil vividly described that kerry's shipmates both officer and ENLISTED served, fought,slept,eat, and planned within FEET of each other ( just like a convoy in Iraq) use modern comparisons. Mathews said "mmm, I see..." Do not ever assume the audience has a clue at all, but do not take more than 30 seconds to paint a picture. (Your semantics will kick their or your ass!)

3) O’Neil explained he voted for Gore, Perot. This made them get back on topic even after a commercial BRAVO ZULU O’Neil!. This is not about Pres. Bush, it is about a 35 year long crime against honorable men and women.

4) Here is the BIG ONE people. Yes, the US NAVY signed off on the awards, every stinkin one, 4 of them are totally "FRAUDULENT" and the Navy never knew this at the time- because KERRY controlled the written source documents "AAR's"
(this is a trust and confidence issue).
PROOF:
- Kerry's doctored after action reports for the Silver Star, and the other events, would not have been seen by his crew, or other key personnel.
- There are now 3 separate citations for the Silver STAR spanning 20 years. WHY 3 significantly different versions? (I'm looking at them right now)
- An UNINJURED Rassman wrote up kerry's Bronze award ( a 2nd Silver Star) downgraded. There are several key “eyewitnesses" who NEVER saw the report or citation - This whole thing looks like a crime under the UCMJ - start treating it like one!

Mathews: "But his own crew says he is telling the truth"

A reason for loyalty:
- I believe Kerry’s' crew mates may be inadvertently covering for him in good faith yes even Rassman. Unfortunately their own combat awards for those 2 actions written by Kerry could be called into question if Kerry loses his. I know this is big statement, but kerry's enlisted did nothing wrong or criminal because they never saw the reports. The crew are honorable warriors with a popular but Bad Lieutenant. ...seen it before.

Look at this week’s cover of the Marine Corps Times... a very prominent active duty, (Vietnam Vet) Navy CAPTAIN now in the brig. WHY!?
For Fraudulently wearing:
-Silver Star,
-Purple Hearts x4,
-Distinguished Service Cross,
-Combat Action
- jump wings .....

Capt Roger D. Edwards was named by the Commandant of the Corps an Honorary Marine because he actually was a stellar officer before this...

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/channel.php?GQID=MARINEPAPER

Recently, a former Marine Sergeant was caught wearing a Navy Cross and officer bars at a Birthday ball he was speaking at.

We can all name far too many fake Medals of Honor, Purple Hearts, etc... (Stolen Valor) We should CAREFULLY GET THIS OUT to show uninformed civilians and media that this is more than possible... and the right thing, as we have always done, is to bring justice even when it hurts us.

Last thought- Lt. Kerry, had he been honest, may have gotten a commendation for Operation Sea Lord and like the real JFK, a non-combat Navy Marine Corps (drowning) Medal, for helping a Green Beret (Rassman) up a cargo net. But instead he consciously and deliberately manipulated good men and the system. The brig is full of men like this… Keep Fighting... Winter Soldiers are coming for Kerry.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: ONeill-Chris Matthews Debate Tonight Reply with quote

* I posted this as a response elsewhere so I'm sorry if boring.

We should all expect biased attacks when debating Lt. Kerry's serious violations. Every time I call a radio station or send an e-mail I am prepared for an ambush. I rehearse and have a 3x5 card. Here is one way to persuasively win. Use key words and don't argue unimportant distractions like the Gridley, even if true. Establish credibility with the most proven lies (Cambodia, Self Inflicted, false and missing reports, other Eye Wittnesses).

The Honorable John O'Neil did a great job considering he was in enemy territory. I think he gained ground, here is why, and some key suggestions for anyone:

1) 1st Purple Heart,- No Casualty Report or Action Report (this is mandatory), he explained that Kerry's request was rightfully denied by CO Hibbard and how "EYEWITTNESSES" claim wound was"SELF INFLICTED" with no enemy fire (you must use these exact words in your argument).
Kerry kept splinter in arm for a day! WHAT!? After he was denied award by “the NAVY” (Hibbard+ Schechtle), he used the system and a transfer to mysteriously get medal 3 months later. Happens all the time.

2) O'Neil vividly described that kerry's shipmates both officer and ENLISTED served, fought,slept,eat, and planned within FEET of each other ( just like a convoy in Iraq) use modern comparisons. Mathews said "mmm, I see..." Do not ever assume the audience has a clue at all, but do not take more than 30 seconds to paint a picture. (Your semantics will kick their or your ass!)

3) O’Neil explained he voted for Gore, Perot. This made them get back on topic even after a commercial BRAVO ZULU O’Neil!. This is not about Pres. Bush, it is about a 35 year long crime against honorable men and women.

4) Here is the BIG ONE people. Yes, the US NAVY signed off on the awards, every stinkin one, 4 of them are totally "FRAUDULENT" and the Navy never knew this at the time- because KERRY controlled the written source documents "AAR's"
(this is a trust and confidence issue).
PROOF:
- Kerry's doctored after action reports for the Silver Star, and the other events, would not have been seen by his crew, or other key personnel.
- There are now 3 separate citations for the Silver STAR spanning 20 years. WHY 3 significantly different versions? (I'm looking at them right now)
- An UNINJURED Rassman wrote up kerry's Bronze award ( a 2nd Silver Star) downgraded. There are several key “eyewitnesses" who NEVER saw the report or citation - This whole thing looks like a crime under the UCMJ - start treating it like one!

Mathews: "But his own crew says he is telling the truth"

A reason for loyalty:
- I believe Kerry’s' crew mates may be inadvertently covering for him in good faith yes even Rassman. Unfortunately their own combat awards for those 2 actions written by Kerry could be called into question if Kerry loses his. I know this is big statement, but kerry's enlisted did nothing wrong or criminal because they never saw the reports. The crew are honorable warriors with a popular but Bad Lieutenant. ...seen it before.

Look at this week’s cover of the Marine Corps Times... a very prominent active duty, (Vietnam Vet) Navy CAPTAIN now in the brig. WHY!?
For Fraudulently wearing:
-Silver Star,
-Purple Hearts x4,
-Distinguished Service Cross,
-Combat Action
- jump wings .....

Capt Roger D. Edwards was named by the Commandant of the Corps an Honorary Marine because he actually was a stellar officer before this...

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/channel.php?GQID=MARINEPAPER

Recently, a former Marine Sergeant was caught wearing a Navy Cross and officer bars at a Birthday ball he was speaking at.

We can all name far too many fake Medals of Honor, Purple Hearts, etc... (Stolen Valor) We should CAREFULLY GET THIS OUT to show uninformed civilians and media that this is more than possible... and the right thing, as we have always done, is to bring justice even when it hurts us.

Last thought- Lt. Kerry, had he been honest, may have gotten a commendation for Operation Sea Lord and like the real JFK, a non-combat Navy Marine Corps (drowning) Medal, for helping a Green Beret (Rassman) up a cargo net. But instead he consciously and deliberately manipulated good men and the system. The brig is full of men like this… Keep Fighting... Winter Soldiers are coming for Kerry.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...on some other thread I posted some praise for Chris Matthews. MY BAD! He's a clueless idiot.

His basic complaint...that O'Neill attacks and defames kerry (small "K" from now on).

But let's keep perspective...kerry attacked and defamed a whole generation of US Military. Why? Because it was politically expediant to do so for kerry. So kerry got out of the Navy earily to pursue a run for the Senate. GEE! The political atmosphere was so anti-war that kerry became a traitor to the military in order to curry favor and garner votes.

kerry = opportunist

Matthews = clueless idiot
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thordaddy wrote:
The most telling aspect of the interview, IMHO, was the inadvertant capture of Hurley's smug looking grin as Matthews was rambling on with O'Neill. It had, "The fix was in" for all to see.

I saw that too.
I assumed Hurley's smirk was because Matthews had delivered the Kerry talking points so well, all he (Hurley) had to do during the show was nod yes and agree with Chris.
What really shone thru was Matthew's habit of cutting off O'Neill when the answer to his question was hurting Kerry's position.
Matthews really showed major BIAS last nite; he was like a crossbreed of Begalia and Carville.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardCorps,

That is the best double post I've ever seen. Keep up the good work.

Admin,

You should consider HardCorps post for a "sticky" position in the forums.

Semper Fi!
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you write you might also mention Matthews comparing Laura Bush to a suicide bomber the night before. I couldn't believe he said that!

Do the interviews but be sure to keep those commercials running.

Run them during Oprah and home decorating programs.

I salute your efforts.
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to be Devil’s Advocate.

I saw that Hardball show and was a little disappointed in John O'Neil. Personally, I think he may have been apprehensive and perhaps just a little over-prepared for Mattews' hard-hitting, fast-paced style of questioning. I also thought he, understandably, looked a bit harangued and tired.

As far as Chris Matthews goes, I got what I expected from a Tip-O'Neil-democrat from Boston who simply worships the other JFK. I think he was extra hard on John O'Neil because that's the exact tact he uses when trying to find out how strongly people hold their beliefs.

For a civilian, Matthews' insistence that, Kerry MUST deserve his decorations simply because the navy gave them to him is not that unreasonable. And, in typical Chris Matthews style, John O'Neil was going to have counter that point before being allowed to continue (it's Hardball folks).

Personally, I think this assertion caught O'Neil off guard and he should have just countered it with an example such as: just because the school gives a kid a B on their report card does not, necessarily, mean that the kid actually earned the B.

And, on the Bronze Star issue, he should have simply asked Matthews to stop and think about the three other people who were pulled from the water that day (under the exact same conditions) and why it was that only Kerry was decorated.

Get Matthews to admit that he personally has no idea why the navy would act in such a manner and, believe me; he will move the discussion forward.

Also, the reason I believe either of these answers would have worked is because they are among the arguments that have changed my own mind about Kerry's actions while he was in the service. I always disliked him for his actions afterwards but, at the same time, I also always gave him a pass on a lot of things simply because of his service. I feel differently now.

That said, like a lot of people, I will not even receive my copy of the book until next week so I expect this debate to continue for some time. This is a learn-as-you-go process for these guys and they are not going to have the luxury of sitting back and reading prepared statements. It’s only going to get tougher on them as they try to move this discussion forward.

I still support them 100% and believe they are telling the truth but I also encourage them to not feel victimized when they run into a brick wall during an interview. Instead, use it as an opportunity to simply live and learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: