SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invading Iraq removed a dictator that was in constant conflict with the US until he was removed (shooting at USAF planes is not considered "nice").

Pakistan "increasingly Talibanized"? Is that why they've captured so many Al Qaeda members recently?

There are numerous people in Iraq, some of whom are bloggers, that don't agree that the "Iraq adventure looks pretty dumb".

Cheney is no longer associated with Halliburton, except, perhaps, in your mind.

John Kerry will do the same thing in Iraq that he did in Vietnam: abandon allies and encourage enemies. And you might be living at Ground Zero next time.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen2,

If your friends son didn't want to get shot at, why did he join the armed forces? Or do you have a draft over there?

There is no logic to war, common sense says Hussein had to go. He was training and sponsoring terrorists (some of whom killed Americans), he had weapons that were in violation of UN resolution 1441 and he killed untold thousands of his own people.

I understand your concern for your friends son and anybody over here has the same concerns with people we know.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I'm gonna rant. I'm tired of politicians against the war always referring to the soldiers as people's children. THEY DECIDED THEMSELVES TO FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY, and yes they are someones child, but they are not "children."

Next, we have to understand what we are dealing with. This is radical Islam and they want the entire world bowing to Allah. Therefore, negotiation is irrelevant, and we will be assimilated if we do not resist...As someone mentioned earlier, this battle is going to be fought now or in the future. Its always darkest before the dawn...Just because we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't mean we are going to lose this. It shows us now that the terrorists have great resolve, and a victor must have greater resolve. WE CANNOT pull out of Iraq now, regardless of how we may have felt beforehand...it doesn't matter. This is literally a fight for civilization. A fight for freedom. Hitler was unchecked in the years before the war, and now we finally have the chance to hit them BEFORE that point. We have been blessed with the opportunity to deal with this now...It seems people remember the Alamo, but have forgotten September 11, 2001. God save the right.
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Hi from England Reply with quote

I suspect Karen2 has an agenda and it doesn't include her friend's son. My hackles tell me she's just another sneak occupying our time with trivia while more important issues are lost due to lack of time.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife works with a young lady who says she was going to enlist in the Army. She says she changed her mind when she "found out they were crazy and wanted to send her to Iraq to be killed."

Wonder what put an idea like that in her head? Couldn't have been talking to the anti-war left again, could she? Rolling Eyes

The military has a mission, fight and defend the country. They are not a social club or a step to a free college education. Nor are they there for social experimentation. If you volunteer for the "free benefits," don't be too surprised to find out, one day, that you may have to perform the actual mission you trained for.

Since the cry is we need to withdraw all our troops because so many have been killed, why do we not recall all of our Police Forces as well? Many of them give their lives every year protecting us.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
My wife works with a young lady who says she was going to enlist in the Army. She says she changed her mind when she "found out they were crazy and wanted to send her to Iraq to be killed."

Maybe she was watching the Monty Python sketch where the soldier asks his CO to be discharged because

Quote:
They want us to have guns. Real ones. The kind that shoot people!

As Homer Simpson would say,

Quote:
Doh!

hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason is because there are so many looking for an opportunity to criticize, strictly for partisan purposes, that the opposition is emboldened and empowered by that. So the fight will be harder and longer and more will die than would otherwise have been necessary. This is what happens when there are people that do not want to step forward and face a problem head on. They want to stick their head in the sand and think they can convince everyone to play nice and it will all go away.

Is history not a lesson to you?"
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 17...I have given occasional thoughts to joining the service, yet I'm not sure I could do it. Maybe it's harder in my head than in reality, but I know when I think about that, I do not think college benefits which is how the Army advertises. If I joined the Army, I would expect I could very well be placed in the line of fire. It disgusts me when I see my peers talking about how they were shocked to actually get deployed somewhere where they could be in action.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Oh my Reply with quote

Karen2? Or KerryJ? Whatever!! I love Tony Blair and I think he is a brilliant man. He hasn't said much lately though huh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: