SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REGARDING LAW SUITS, ADMIRAL HOFFMAN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHN H. MULFORD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: REGARDING LAW SUITS, ADMIRAL HOFFMAN. Reply with quote

Sir, I've watched the squall form in the news and heard threats of law suits, directed at the media stations you've chosen for the pupose of airing your ads. This is a weak shot across the bow. A law suit allows the defending party access to any and all documentation and witnesses under the full disclosure rules. I'm not a lawyer nor a sea-lawyer, but if any of these threats become actionable, I repectfully suggest you seize the opportunity and squeeze it very hard. Former LT jg Kerry''s unreleased service records will probably not be opened for review, but the threats will be viewed as idle.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: REGARDING LAW SUITS, ADMIRAL HOFFMAN. Reply with quote

JOHN H. MULFORD wrote:
Sir, I've watched the squall form in the news and heard threats of law suits, directed at the media stations you've chosen for the pupose of airing your ads. This is a weak shot across the bow. A law suit allows the defending party access to any and all documentation and witnesses under the full disclosure rules. I'm not a lawyer nor a sea-lawyer, but if any of these threats become actionable, I repectfully suggest you seize the opportunity and squeeze it very hard. Former LT jg Kerry''s unreleased service records will probably not be opened for review, but the threats will be viewed as idle.

Roger that Exclamation

The Swift Boat Vets should publicly offer to testify under oath if Kerry and his crew will do the same. I doubt that Kerry's crew will. They would have no chance on the witness stand considering the way they have been changing their stories.

The Swift Boat Vets should also countersue under whatever grounds they can found asking for the usual outrageous sums of money in such lawsuits. They might be able to sue for slander in which case they might be able to access Kerry's records to prove their case. Another possibility would be denial of their constitutional rights. In this case they might want to sue the stations for denyingthem access.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: WHY NOT SUE THEM! Reply with quote

If any of you Swiftvets want to sue these clowns for Slander, I will donate to your legal expenses upfront. I have no doubt that many other Vets will also. It would be expensive, but it would get a lot of attention and I feel strongly you could win.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY NOT SUE THEM! Reply with quote

[quote="DenisC"]If any of you Swiftvets want to sue these clowns for Slander, I will donate to your legal expenses upfront. I have no doubt that many other Vets will also. It would be expensive, but it would get a lot of attention and I feel strongly you could win.[/quote]

No need to waste money on slander, just spend a little money to have a Press Release of the following and sit back and watch Kerry and his crew implode:

http://idexer.com/articles/alston_kerry.htm
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: WHY NOT SUE THEM! Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
DenisC wrote:
If any of you Swiftvets want to sue these clowns for Slander, I will donate to your legal expenses upfront. I have no doubt that many other Vets will also. It would be expensive, but it would get a lot of attention and I feel strongly you could win.

No need to waste money on slander, just spend a little money to have a Press Release of the following and sit back and watch Kerry and his crew implode:

http://idexer.com/articles/alston_kerry.htm

You're right. The scar clearly extends above the ear in the recent photo and would have been clearly visible in the photos from 1969 if they had been taken after the injury.

I seriously doubt Alston would have been returned to duty after a head wound like that because of the high risk of additional injury from just bumping his head.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: