SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftboat Vets are Liars etc and other BS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
One way for this matter to be resolved is for the military to release all the 201 files for the time period Kerry served in Nam. These files would give exact dates, the people in the area around Kerry and would either prove or disprove your claims against Kerry.

Since none of us are running for president our records are not an issue. The press wanted Bush's records and got them - why won't Kerry do the same.

Unless you are a DU troll, you know the answer.
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air_Vet

You may have just hit the nail right on the head.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
joppa
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited by Moderator - personal attacks on others are not allowed - go after the statements, instead.
joppa
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited by Moderator - personal attacks against members or this site is not permitted.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
Yes, your RECORDS are at issue. You levied the charges. You are responsible for proving them. Any responsible person who levies these type of charges MUST be held fully accountable for their claims.

In that case, let's see YOUR military records to verify your right to ask the question.

The real equality issue, as I've said before, is that the press went after Bush's records which he suplied, but the press ISN'T going after Kerry's records - and Kerry alone decided to make his service an issue!

Last edited by air_vet on Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joppa, the Swiftvets' records aren't at issue because they aren't running for President on them.

How can a candidate expect us to vote for him when his campaign is based on a non-public record?
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joppa - since you have changed the topic from Kerry's records and whether SBVFT speaks the truth to unrelated topics like people's level of maturity and the type of response you often receive when you share your opinions, I thought maybe you were fair game for a question.

Your tag line makes it sound like you live your life with a moral compass based on relativism, where each individual does his or her own thing, regardless of the consequences. In this philosophical system, there is no right or wrong and no absolute truth. It is a philosophy that often serves as the underpinning for totalitarianism and communism and I'm curious as to whether you believe strongly in this idea or just thought it sounded like a cool tag line?

I guess either way, it provides some interesting perspective on where you are coming from and how you think which of course is one of the key functions for a tag line.

Moderator - Let's keep the subject on Kerry's records, please.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Swift Boat Veteran but I am a Veteran and if I were running for office, I would have no problem releasing my entire military record including FITREPS for the public. I can say this since I served honorably and did nothing I would wish to hide from the public. On the other hand - If I were ashamed of something or afraid it would be used against me, I might choose to carefully control what I release. In either case, the records of others who served with me would have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

It seems like John Kerry is trying to hide something or is ashamed of something. Only one way to resolve the issue, of course, and that would be the full release of his records.

USN 1983-1992

Last edited by Tony on Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

All joppa throttling will cease at 2130 hours

That is all
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Aye, Sir...standing down.... Very Happy

USN 1983-1992
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Moderator,

Gee, I'm sorry, I lost my head.--------(who did Joppa attack)? Embarassed Twisted Evil

CO
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
I have read most of the information on the internet concerning this issue and it appears that this attack on Kerry is sponsered by the same people who attacked John Mcain.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15961#15961

(cough cough)
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Joppa,

The North Vietnamese attacked John McCain and shot him down. Check out many pictures of Jane Fonda sitting on anti aircraft guns. After shooting McCain down she helped John Kerry with Vietnam Veterans Against the War who were also on the side of the North Vietnamese. Same side, same people. Shocked

Site Moderator,

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself on that one, and I promise sir, I will get back to the subject, but you know how EOD people are. By the way make sure and watch Elvis Presley in "Girls, Girls, Girls" where he plays the part of a Navy EOD guy. Now back to taking things serious. Wink

CO
joppa
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayn Rand's philosophy is what I embrace to a large degree. I am conservative note NOT a Neoconservative. I believe in the integrity of man. I deplore large government that eventually enslaves the mind, body and soul.

I have never heard of the **. I wil go to google and check them out. If they engage in slander, or devious means then I will denounce them.

We are not electing a dog catcher. It is the duty of every American to be informed concerning whom we elect to office. this means NOT taking sides but to do your homework. What I see happening is that people who disagree with either the left or right is branded an enemy. this is what worries me. Our nation is becoming more and more divided. I blame conservative talk radio and the left wing media for this divide.

If we dont stand together then we will fall together. This hate has to stop. Our enemy is Al Qaeda not people who disagree with you as far as political affilation is concerned.

So, I will wait and see if Kerry releases all his military records. I will wait and see if the charges brought against him stand. I owe the man at least that consideration.

Time for me to hit the sack

Take care
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
. I blame conservative talk radio and the left wing media for this divide.

I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't need talk radio or left wing media to tell me about John Kerry.

I knew about him before Swiftvets reared their heads. I made it my business to know.

The damage he has done to Vietnam vets has been ongoing for 33 years. Why would I need talk radio or left wing media to tell me about that? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: