SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help clear up a question .
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noam
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Can someone help clear up a question . Reply with quote

After hearing and reading alot of the points of contention about JK's service in Vietnam , I still don't quite understand something . Is it the fact about his protesting the war after his return or the awards/injury debate , which is the most upsetting ?

N
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to frame it that way, I suppose that depends on the individual, but regardless which aspect of it you are talking about, it all goes to character, convinction, a sense of right and wrong, and loyalty, or lack thereof for his country.

Do you want a President that manipulates and lies just to get a medal, so he can use that as a basis of authority to tell yet another lie that ends up getting a lot of people killed? That is just the beginning.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noam,

I suggest you read this thread: www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2593

I think it will give you an answer.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself it is everything that JF'nK stands for. One leads into another as he HAS NO integrity or honor. He is an opportunistic AH and IMHO he will do anything to advance his agenda. How he ever has lasted that long in the Senate is a complete wonder as to his voting record and even showing up to vote in the last 2 years.
noam
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound like odd but stay with me , Does the fact that JK did (from what I understand ) Vol to go to Vietnam . And there are plenty of others that are condeming him , that did not go . Where do you fall on this fence .

N
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please re-state your question? I'm not sure which fence you're referring to.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This may sound like odd but stay with me , Does the fact that JK did (from what I understand ) Vol to go to Vietnam . And there are plenty of others that are condeming him , that did not go . Where do you fall on this fence .

It doesn't matter -- it is not the point.

The point is the dishonorable and disloyal manner in which he conducted himself in Vietnam and how he betrayed his fellow service members upon his return.

Read the book, then decide.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
noam
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me restate , how do you feel about the people who could have served but chose not to .
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea you can volunteer ,after you found out that you have been drafted ,,especially when you find out that you can't get a year deferment to go to paris to study

so do you think that he really volunteered ?? or did he use the system to get out of as much of the war that he could ?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry's spin misters insuate that Kerry is better than Bush, because Kerry went to Viet Nam, Bush did not. What they fail to tell you is that the aircraft wing Bush was assigned to was indeed slated to go to Viet Nam. They also fail to tell you that to be trained for that Aircraft wing you had to be top notch. Shortly after Bush finished training however the Air Force stopped using that type of aircraft in Nam, but Bush still flew in defense of this country.

Kerry Vonunteered to go to Nam, but he picked the swift boats because at the time they did not get involved in much combat. But as luck would have it, right after he volunteered for that duty the Navy changed the operations the Swift Boats undertook. So he was now in a situation where he was going to be shot at and he was not happy about it.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noam,

Please be advised that the subject of this site is John Kerry, and no one else. Posts that do not concern themselves, directly or indirectly, with John Kerry's fitness to become CIC may be edited or deleted by the moderators.

Scott
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's service would not in any way mitigate the damage he did to Viet vets while he was in the Naval Reserves after the war.

He dishonored his service after the war. He dishonors his service today by running on a war record based on lies and deception.

He just can't get it right.
noam
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the way I always explain feelings , for what its worth ,

I do not support lying to get out of duty , If you have a job to do ....you do it . If John Kerry lied to get out of combat he needs to own up because its a chump thing to do . Also about the other thing , if you didn't go to Vietnam because it was a moral issue , thats something I understand , but if you didn't go because of some lame excuse or weren't man enough to say "I am afraid" ....thats a chump
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noam, read this: http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/UnfitCh3.pdf then post how YOU feel about someone who performed in the manner in which JFK did.

He provided a great service. But was it our side he served well?

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
noam
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing up alot of questions , I look forward to more chats ...Information is the key ....

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: