SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's dog "VC" Confirms closeness of boats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy wrote:
Excellent point. Personally, I believe this dog story is another Kerry lie. What are the odds of Kerry's crew naming the dog VC? That would be like the troops in Iraq naming a dog Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong II or something. Did everybody on Kerry's boat hate the US so much, that they named their dog after the enemy?

Kerry definitely needs to answer for meeting with the VC after the war, but I could certainly see US troops in Iraq naming a dog Saddam, and Vietnam Vets naming their dog VC.

I don't think too many people would consider it a compliment to have a dog named after them. I see it as demeaning to the person whose name you are using.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pupppy pic solved-- VC was a nickname for...

Laura Blumenfeld
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 29, 2004; Page C01

Kerry even rescued a puppy, Victoria Charlotte, or VC. His crewmates bought it from villagers who were planning to cook it for dinner. "Once the bullets started flying, he'd put the dog in his flak vest against his tummy," said Sandusky. "In the middle of an ambush, she'd start shaking and she'd pee on him." Until today, the puppy stars in Kerry's war stories. Kerry's daughter, Vanessa, 27, explained: "He wanted there to be a good VC."

http://news.bostonherald.com/election2004/view.bg?articleid=18982
Has puppy pic…here
http://news.bostonherald.com/images/national/nam050404.jpg

Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: who else? Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember the dog?
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, with all due respect to the Boston Herald--and as we have all learned--just 'cause it's printed in the paper, doesn't make it true.

Frankly, at this point, I don't believe anything Kerry says about VN. I think he probably sneaks bits of truth in here and there, like a placemarker, so he can keep it all straight in his head.

I am halfway through Unfit for Command, and though I have heard many of the O'Neill interviews, many of the corroborating SBVs interviews, I am nonetheless utterly and completely shocked. Kerry IS a war criminal. Just like he said.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Once the bullets started flying, he'd put the dog in his flak vest against his tummy," said Sandusky

Now this I can believe, he uses that poor little puupy as a meat sheild to protect himself
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry: "OK you gooks I've got this four legged hostage shield...any of you fire at me and the pooch will be the first to get it"!

Note: My use of the term "gooks" is not meant as a demeaning nor racist slur...but you can't parody kerry and the situation without embellishment.

And that is what I accuse kerry of having done...embellishment for personal and political gain. But instead of holding the pooch as hostage, kerry held the veterans as hostage and leveraged them for his own self-centered purposes.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 said:
Quote:
Frankly, at this point, I don't believe anything Kerry says about VN. I think he probably sneaks bits of truth in here and there, like a placemarker, so he can keep it all straight in his head.

Dabba, the best lies contain just enough truth to be believeable.
I think that Mr. Kerry has told himself these stories so often that he now firmly believes every word of them. Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Minister of Propaganda for Adolf Hitler said, "If you tell a lie often enough, and loud enough, people will believe it. " Goebbels also said "The bigger the lie, the easier it is to get people to believe it. " Kerry is proficient at telling the "Big Lie". Just look how many morons actually believe his fabrications.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Times has picked up on the VC dog story (http://www.washtimes.com/national/inbeltway.htm):

A new four-legged angle — actually a dog named "VC" — has suddenly materialized surrounding Sen. John Kerry's swift boat service in Vietnam.

In a 2004 presidential candidate questionnaire for Humane USA, Mr. Kerry was asked whether any pets have had an impact on his life.

"I have always had pets in my life, and there are a few that I remember very fondly," Mr. Kerry replied. "When I was serving on a Swift Boat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC.

"One day as our Swift Boat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat," he continued. "After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA (missing in action). Several minutes of frantic search followed, after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog."

Said Mr. Kerry: "It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed, confused but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol."

J.J. Scheele, program director of Humane USA, confirmed yesterday that her organization did, in fact, receive the above statement from the Kerry campaign.

No military records on Mr. Kerry's Web site, which aides say is a complete accounting, mention a mine exploding under his boat or any dog. The only report of a mine detonating "near" Mr. Kerry's PCF 94 was March 13, 1969, when Mr. Kerry says he was injured and a man knocked overboard.

I think the mine in the dog story must be the same one that Kerry talks about in the Rassman rescue.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was VC or Rassman the Puppy? Wink
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mightyrighty.com/nuke/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11902
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see this thread before posting WTs story, (tried to ask for it to be deleted but was too slow)

This is what happens when you try to connect everything to your service there. It just looks kooky.
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute dog, did it catapult into another boat from a explosion? How close does that make the boats?
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthy wrote:
Cute dog, did it catapult into another boat from a explosion?

no, an explosion powerful enough to accelerate a swiftboat out of the water with sufficient force to catapult a dog even fifteen feet in the air would have destroyed the boat.

chalk this one up to an overactive imagination.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA (missing in action). Several minutes of frantic search followed, after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog."

Ahhhhaaa....I think I have it figured it out. NOW we know the reason why Kerry fled 5000 meters down the river. He was on a frantic search for VC, the dog. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: