SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John ONeill on " After Hours " with Cal Thomas 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mccain Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
I hope John McCain figures out whats going on and takes back his condomnation of the swift vets. Maybe it should be pointed out that mccain was not on a swift boat anymore than hurley was, and that they both need to read the book Shocked Laughing

He won't. It is his honest view and because of his own honor, he will not retract it. Don't expect him to.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one other thing, would someone please ask who is punching Hurley's ticket. I'll bet he is being paid by Kerry campaign
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is maddening isn't it that the interviewers, or I suppose I should say moderators since it really is more like a debate, aren't up on the facts? For instance, giving out the Kerry website for their talking points but not giving out the Swiftvet website. Since this seems to be a pattern, even for those TV celebs that are inclined to agree with the Swiftvet position, maybe Mr. O'Neill should pipe up. I know his style has been to be patient, and he has been doing a fantastic job, but these interviewers have so many facts to keep up with for all the various topics covered in their show you have to wonder how in-depth they really know the subject discussed. No one knows it better than the author of the book.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hurley is the national director of Veterans for Kerry.

He is also associated with Veterans against the Iraq War.
http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php
Recon9
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't the individuals who support Kerry come out and stand by him. They were at the convention and have pretty much ducked since Mr. O'Neill has come forward. I have seen several of the swiftees on several programs. They may not do as well as Mr. O'Neill, but they are effective in their own way. It seems like they are being kept off, I would think, that just maybe they don't want to directly have to support specific points like Christmas in Cambodia. I sure would like to see two fellow crew members square off on one specific event.

One more quick issue! Someone needs to point out how ridiculus it is to point or quote to the citation wording. If you aren't a veteran, then you don't understand how funny it is for Mr. Hurley to quote from them. Most of the younger men and most women who haven't served don't realize his. I laughed when I read my own!!!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great comeback for those who dismiss the guys that weren't on Kerry's boat

ADRIAN LONSDALE: a boat crewman doesn’t have the overall picture. He knows what his commander orders him to do and so on, but he doesn’t know what the orders were and whether the commander was doing what he was supposed to do and so on.

from his interview on Charlie Sykes radio show
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. Usually I'm calling out the Dem's for going overboard in other forums.

McCain took the same stance when the Dems were smearing Bush's record in the reserves. McCain does not want to drudge up the old feelings of Vietnam that split the nation back then. The man respects his fellow Vets. What is the harm in that?

I also would be a bit careful about trashing McCain if you are a Republican. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in Bush's cabinet. You think Cheney is going to get elected in 2008? No f-ing way. The Repubs are going to have to groom someone to run in '08, McCain may be that man. IMO They either made it clear to him he would benefit in the future by sticking with the Republican party, or he was dead set against being Kerry's running mate.

McCain has been personally affected by these types of ads. Combine these ads with trashing a Vet and McCain is absolutley going to condemn them

Don't get me wrong, I love the SwiftVet ads. They are turning changing the momentum in this election in favor of Bush, probably in a big way. I'd love to see the 'Heartland of America' (Hollywood) and the liberal media getting their asses handed to them by the American poeple.

I don't think is prudent to attack everyone who doesn't jump on board with these ads, especially McCain and his unique situation.

Know your enemy. McCain is not the enemy.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect,

John McCain deserves undying gratitude and respect for his service in the US Navy.

On the other hand, has he performed to the same standard as a US Senator? Personally, I'm not impressed by the Campaign Finance Reform Law he co-wrote, even if it provides an exemption for the Swiftvets.

I'd prefer that no exemption were necessary.

The question for John McCain, Senator, seems to be:

What do you stand for, Senator?

Or have I missed something?

(I'm also wondering why he would support Sen. Kerry now, when he was not at all happy with him after his Winter Soldier testimony.)
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree that John McCain is a true hero, and a soldier's soldier for how he accorded himself while he was captured.

I also give him a pass on his comments on Kerry and the Swift Boat Ad, they were said quickly after the release of the ad, probably prompted by a phone call by Kerry personally to him.

I note that since those first comments, done on the fly, that he has not said anything more. I have read nothing new from him.

Certainly Kerry has repeated McCain's words over and over, but that part of the story is now old news.

Since the Admiral's response to McCain saying that Swift Vets have earned their right to speak out, McCain has said nothing else to indicate the Swift Vets should stop. IMO thats a fair deal on McCain's part, his actions since I view as having honor. I don't expect that to change
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. I have no problem with that.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recon9 wrote:
I sure would like to see two fellow crew members square off on one specific event.

Great point. Where ARE the "Band of Brothers?"

John made that point: "Only Kerry's lawyers appear and they shout"

As I have said before: Rassman's forays against Van Odell and Larry
Thurlow were absolute disasters for the Kerry campaign's credibility.

And he was an ARMY guy fer christ sakes. What's he know about Swifts?

Probably even less than that Georgian with the BIG Swift pin at the DNC

People are begining to notice:

Second hand information from clueless advisors is NOT going to hack it.

O'Neill is our point man. But "his crew" is primed and anxious for combat.

The First Team is ready and raring to go: Elder, Odell, Thrurlow, Gardner

Their Second String has yet to appear on the field for warm ups.

I am starting to believe that that those "on the boat" are getting nervous.

Just a plain ole Swift Boat Sailor waiting for the fun to begin.

Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott

I came very close to adding a final line saying if McCain should be attacked, it should be for creating this very situation. It doesn't even seem clear that either candidate can even publicly denounce or support these ads.

That question should be answered before any request for condemnation are made.

I think McCain has a big role in Bush's next administration. A very big role. Mostly my point is that if you wish to support the Bush ticket (not a goal of the SwiftVets), then you might want to cut McCain a little slack.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop Hanoi John,

I believe that I have judged Sen. McCain on his actions. If I've missed something, please let me know.

He may play a large role in the next Bush adminstration if the President is re-elected. If so, I hope he'll perform with the same dedication that he did in the Navy in Vietnam. I always believe in giving people the chance to prove themselves by what they do (even politicians Wink ).

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that Sen. McCain's Campaign Finance Reform Law is a bad law, and I don't agree with his stance on the Second Amendment. He can always change my mind, however.

That said, whether I support President Bush has nothing to do with my involvement in this site or what I post here. As a moderator, to be sure, I intend to abide by the Campaign Finance Reform law as it applies to 527 organizations such as Swiftvets, and will not advocate a vote for or against any presidential candidate.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_mechanical wrote:

I think this is the beginning of an amazing time in our history. A time of courage and conviction to do the right thing and set the record straight. I think that the Swiftees' courage for defending us against a Kerry presidency will go down as one of the most outstanding contributions to our freedom.

Well said. I concur.
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that.

I'm a little surprised the Democrats chose Kerry after the tactics they employed against President Bush. They had to have known he was going to exposed for what he is. A self-made war hero who turned his back on his fellow Vets to gain the political spotlight, become a Senator and do next to nothing in the Senate for 20 years.

Unfit for Command is an understatement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: