SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry a man of INTEGRITY?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: John Kerry a man of INTEGRITY? Reply with quote

This post is in response to other threads calling for a more sensitive dialogue. Here are my 2 cents on that issue.

If the left wants to discredit swiftvets.com...one way is to plant moles here to make us sound like a pack of fringe lunatics. The moles might already be here. To restrain ourselves plays into their (liberals) hands...kind of like appeasement.

So I say we need to go all out...NO GUTS NO GLORY. The truth will get through if we are assertive and in the liberal's faces 24/7.

We were silenced and silent 35 years ago...35 years from now none of us will be left to speak out and your great grand children will read in school that Vietnam vets were evil dope fiends and the only person of integrity to emerge in those dark times was one Senator John Kerry.

Is that what anyone here wants?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: John Kerry a man of INTEGRITY Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
This post is in response to other threads calling for a more sensitive dialogue. Here are my 2 cents on that issue.

If the left wants to discredit swiftvets.com...one way is to plant moles here to make us sound like a pack of fringe lunatics. The moles might already be here. To restrain ourselves plays into their (liberals) hands...kind of like appeasement.

So I say we need to go all out...NO GUTS NO GLORY. The truth will get through if we are assertive and in the liberal's faces 24/7.

We were silenced and silent 35 years ago...35 years from now none of us will be left to speak out and your great grand children will read in school that Vietnam vets were evil dope fiends and the only person of integrity to emerge in those dark times was one Senator John Kerry.

Is that what anyone here wants?

I am in agreement; it is time to leave the leftist-controlled playing field of Political Correctness and, as Cheyney said, fight to win. Fighting to win has never historically been done "sensitively."

FDL
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definition of MOLE: Liberal hell bent on destroying Bush and ruining America if neccessary to get rid of Bush. If this definition does not fit you then you will not be offended. And by no way are those who call for moderation of speech to be considered as moles, although we should not assume that thay are not.

I don't wish to be "sensitive" towards those who support kerry and those who don't understand this mind set should not be surprised when kerry wins on Nov 2.

Sender of PM is not on suspect list and my message was not meant to imply other words.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask for moderation in our language so that the people who are not strong Bush-supporting Republicans will feel comfortable in this forum.

We have members from all parties and ideologies who want to support the Swifts.

There are vets who detest John Kerry but are liberal or are not happy with the President. They should not feel that the are in a hostile environment. They should feel just as comfortable participating here as anyone else.

This site is about exposing and discussing John Kerry.

The founders of this site have requested that the forum be kept on topic and businesslike and I will follow the wishes of the founders in the performance of the volunteer duties that I have accepted.

We can't let this main forum be sidetracked off into other issues that do not involve John Kerry's history or the Swifts' purpose. I participate in other forums where my political positions are clearly (and often even obnoxiously) presented.

That cannot be the case here - partisan politics is not the reason that this group of Swifts banded together and it is not the reason that this forum exists.

The protection of the Swifts' group and the promotion of the Swifts' message will always be my first priority.

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. Those here who are sincere desire the same thing. However, we may have different ideas on how best to arrive at the goal.

My initial statement is cautionary as to the extent that the misguided persons from the left might go as to impune this organization and vigilence is required.

Also EJ...I'll bet you there are a lot of dems who are as upset with kerry's shabby treatment of veterans as us and I'm sure they're tough enough to take these comments as being directed at kerry. This cause is for Reps and Dems who lost someone or who remember the stigma that kerry put on the veterans...this cause transcends party affiliation for patriotic Americans.
nickeldime
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: NoTruthNoHonor Reply with quote

My mother's father was in WW1 and WW2. My father was in Korea. My brother was in Vietnam. My nephew is in Iraq.

None of them were killed or wounded (so far, in my nephew's case).

In the poverty ridden streets of south-side Chicago in the early sixty's, however, I watched my nine year old sister get shot to death just before I and my mother were shot. I was four. We were critically wounded and my mother never fully recovered.

Violence can do things to your mind.

Living a lie, living without honor can too.

Edited by Moderator: We are very sorry to hear of your families loss and also pray your nephew will be safe. However, Swiftvets is not obligated to run pro-Kerry or anti-Bush statements, especially unsubstantiated ones.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickeldime,

This board is about John Kerry, not Bush or anyone else. If you'll spend a little time reading, you'll understand why real veterans feel the way they do about Kerry.

If you're here to argue against Bush, you'll be out of here in no time.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
The founders of this site have requested that the forum be kept on topic and businesslike

N^3 - thanks for the reminder.

I just want to see ALL Kerry's military records - including the ones for the 4 years he spent in the ready/inactive reserve when he left EAD. I suspect he may well have been (in DU terms) "AWOL" during that time.
nickeldime
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: YouGottaBeKiddingReally? Reply with quote

Even though you pay for this board you can't alter my writings without my prior permission. Either kick me off discrimatorily or leave my posts intact.

And yes, keep illegally searching my computer for evidence I've posted under different names. Just report your findings, please.

Admin note: This user has been banned. Swifts are not legally, ethically or morally obligated to host any material. Posts are subject to editing or deletion at the discretion of the moderators, in accordance with the agreement that you signed when you applied for your account.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents in support of Navy_Navy_Navy;

Is there anyone here who has seen John O'Neill speak on tv, especially in debate with the likes of James Carville, that is not impressed by his unflappable composure and determination to make his case?

Is there any one here who has seen the foregoing who considers James Carville's shrill, abusive rhetoric to be convincing?

Please keep those two examples in mind as you write your posts. We can, must and will be more effective than any number of hysterical Kerry apologists.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: YouGottaBeKiddingReally? Reply with quote

nickeldime wrote:
Even though you pay for this board you can't alter my writings without my prior permission. Either kick me off discrimatorily or leave my posts intact.

You gotta be kidding, right?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
I just want to see ALL Kerry's military records - including the ones for the 4 years he spent in the ready/inactive reserve when he left EAD. I suspect he may well have been (in DU terms) "AWOL" during that time.

Thanks, air_vet - me too.

I'm convinced that he was most likely released from active to the IRR and not required to drill or muster. I know that there's speculation that he was assigned to drill, but there's very little evidence of that, while there is a lot of evidence that he went straight to the IRR.

If it turns out that he was, indeed assigned to a drilling reserve unit and didn't show up for drills, his career is instant toast. (Unfortunately such a thing might not happen until it's too late and we're saddled with an ineffectual, discredited President. He can change his name to Johnnie Carter. Wink )

What I want to see from his records are his medical reports for the three PH's, ALL of his fitreps, everything pertaining to his stars and everything pertaining to his Reserve time.

We already know that he met with the enemy while a Naval Officer. He led marches and spoke at rallies under the flag of North Vietnam. What's in his file relating to all those activities? Was he ever disciplined?

His fitrep from the Admiral for whom he served as an aide damned him with faint praise. Was it because of his anti-war stance?

What happened in his Reserve time?
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard for me not to get too political when speaking of John Kerry. But I honestly try to keep it on the purpose of this website. This is a very important election from my standpoint and I truly hope the SBVFT can make their case heard. I dont want another disgraceful and unworthy President. I am 36 yrs old. Alot of you guys and my kin folks fought for what I do have today and for that I am grateful. I support you guys 100% because I have read and heard your case and I would like to see Kerry release his records. From my understanding, it is that simple.

Curt
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'm convinced that he was most likely released from active to the IRR and not required to drill or muster. I know that there's speculation that he was assigned to drill, but there's very little evidence of that, while there is a lot of evidence that he went straight to the IRR.

I'm fairly sure he would not have been required to attend regular drills, but he might very well have been required to report for a physical exam or records check during those 4 years.

I wonder if perhaps he might have submitted a nasty letter resigning his commission during this period given what else he was doing at the time.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might not be too popular around here, but I don't think John Kerry's character 30 years ago is really relevant to what kind of President he would make.

I am pretty ashamed of the fact that I am about to tell you, I do not tell many people about it.

I do not think I deserved the honorable discharge I was given by the Marine Corps Reserve. I was a punk, stupid 20 year old kid who stopped showing up for drills. I found and exaggerated a loophole in officer candidate school that allowed me to stop drilling in the reserve as an enlisted man.

The only problem was I was sent home from Quantico with mono and decided that I wanted to change my career track! I convinced myself (rationalized) that my Captain said I didn't have to attend drills anymore. I knew better, he meant as long as I was actively in PLC, but I wanted what I wanted. I ended up moving to NYC and did not change my drill center.

My unit was called up for Desert I, and while I had no desire to go fight, I couldn't stand the idea of guys I went to boot camp with (there were 3 there in my unit) being called up and me not going with them.

I called up and the same jerk Sgt who hated my guts because I was going to Quantico told me to go to hell and that I was given an OTH.

I found out this year that I was actually given an honorable discharge, even though I in no way actually deserved it.

NOW, AS TO WHY I AM TELLING YOU THIS:

First, it's a confession. While I am embarrassed of plenty of stuff in my life, this is the one thing that I am actually ashamed of. I did not fulfill my obligation. I did not keep my word. My unit got called up (I never thought they would get called up!) and I was not with them. My brother, an actual mean green, celebrates the Marine Corps birthday Marine, took a long time to forgive me.

But I do not think I am that stupid punk kid anymore. I don't know that kid anymore. I don't even like him!

I do my best (I do not always succeed) to be a good man each and every day.

This is not easy for me to say amongst so many who did serve honorably and paid the price for having the character I lacked at that age. And while it is certainly anyone's right to do it, I would hate if I was judged today by my actions 14 years ago, as shameful as those actions were.

What I do not understand about Kerry, and I have come to believe the SBVT, is why he chose to run on his military record.

I think people grow at different times. I do not mean this as defense of my own actions, but some people just do not understand truth and honor and integrity until later n life. For whatever reason.

Kerry has never seemed proud of his military record. Not from the day he returned until this years primaries.

And suddenly he wants everyone to focus on those four months.

I do not blame Kerry for what he did in Vietnam. I can't. I know young men react differently to such times. I am told, and I think history has shown, that war brings out the best and the worst of men.

I am sure many people did things they wish they could take back. Other men will know that when their buddies needed them, and when their character was tested, they did exactly what they hoped they would have done.

Every man and woman will have to live with their actions, and hope the cost was not too great for anyone else.. For better or worse.

What kind of creeps me out is that Kerry seems to have changed very little since then. The men the SBVT describe in their stories seems to be the same man that is running for President.

34 years later he is still lying to get ahead. He is still lying about who he is.

And 34 years later he is still lying about other men.

I honestly find this whole thing heartbreaking. To see a man learn nothing through his entire life is very humbling and unnerving.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: