SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organizing Local Anti-Kerry Demonstrations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Organizing Local Anti-Kerry Demonstrations Reply with quote

A couple of us are working on setting up a separate means for people who want to demonstrate against Kerry--

to locate each other in the cities where they live and then meet up and coordinate events, share tasks that need to be done, etc.

This will be off the swift vets site. It will be open to the public and all (who are anti-kerry) will be welcome.

It will not be on this site because that is the way admin. wants it. Admin has suggested the alternatives below.

We are looking at YAHOO GROUPS ----- MSN GROUPS ---------- MEETUP.COM ----------- etc.

ANYONE FAMILIAR with any or all of these choices who understands how to set one up -- the pros and cons of the different choices to make-- like moderated or unmoderated, etc.

and especially anyone ready to help set it up, PLEASE CONTACT ME NOW.

And post what you know about meetup, yahoogroups, etc. as a reply on this post to get some discussion going.

Thanks
Dwight

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say meetup.com is by far the best bet for what you want. It's based upon the idea of geographically defined meetings. Yahoo is not a good idea, in my experience. I don't know much about MSN groups for things like this, but I'd be surprised if they'd be better than MeetUp.

I still have some reservations about taking traffic away from this board and splitting the community in two, but then again MeetUp is a tool specifically aimed at arranging physical meetings as well as just hosting online discussions.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight,

You need to join the guys at http://www.protestwarrior.com/ .
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked out protestwarrior.com. Did not get far into it, yet. Why don't you tell us more about it and post some of their specific url's that would be useful for what we are wanting to do. Like if they have any tutorials on doing a demonstration, street theater? Do they have anything on their site about Swift vets or kerry? I didn't see anything.

Dwight
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A New Yahoo group is now available to help people contact each other in their local area and coordinate for doing demonstrations and similar action to promote the Swift Vet message.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Exposing_John_Kerry/

If you don't have a yahoo mail account you will have to create one in order to post on this.

Hope this will help fill a need
Dwight

PS: For those of you who do not know, this is the way that Admin recommended to do this. For reasons of liability and potential bad PR, it has to be off site.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight, I'm there!

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as they used to say in Hill Street Blues-'be careful out there' because the left wing is loaded with GOONS who will stop at nothing to get kerry elected Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad If you go make sure someone covers your back and make sure cops are around Exclamation They will attack you. I've seen them do it.
I'll try meetup.com and see if any are in my area--good luck and good protesting Very Happy Very Happy
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight...compose me what you want in a link and I'll put you up on the masthead.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18941#18941
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the text for the Main Page of the new yahoo group which supports Swift Vet supporters getting together for LOCAL ACTION!

Description Category: Politics
We are Americans (veterans and non-veterans) working to expose John F. Kerry, democrat candidate for President. We do this primarily through local activism in the states, cities and towns where we live.

We do demonstrations, contact the media, utilize talk radio and the internet to educate all Americans about the real John Kerry.

We expose his lack of character, dishonesty and lies and exaggerations in Vietnam, as an anti-war activist and throughout his political career.

This yahoo group will help you locate and coordinate with other Anti-Kerry activists in your area. It is recommended that you make the subject of such messages the city and/or state where you live, so others near you can find your message easily.
You may also use this group to share ideas about different kinds of activism. Such as demonstration types, locations or venues for demonstrations, "street theater" ideas.Post your ideas on how to effectively contact and interest the media.

Share your successes and "failures" here too. What worked and didn't work?

Post your ideas for how to better utilize this group and other groups that need to form.

Click on the link below for a look at what is there so far.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Exposing_John_Kerry/
Laffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Protestwarrior.com Reply with quote

Hello SwiftVets

Here are some links that can explain what we are about. I'm just a member not an offical. I joined PW as an avenue to let our troops know we are behind them. We get thank you posts from the Middle East, so they are starting to hear from us. I was sick of the left only being herd, while the silent majority is left out by the media. Silent No More.

Checkout some links and the Mission Statement
http://www.protestwarrior.com/
http://www.protestwarrior.com/faq.php
http://www.protestwarrior.com/signs.php?thumb=1
http://www.protestwarrior.com/videos/operation_wolverines.php

Mission Statement (cut and paste)

War IS an ugly thing, but as long as nations and leaders exist that detest freedom, sometimes it is the only way to secure a lasting peace. Most leftist anti-war protesters and pundits don't understand this. They state that this use of force is always unnecessary -- that war, ANY war, is never good. Some of them, born into the luxury of American freedom, believe that liberty can exist passively, that somehow the world's natural state will always settle into utopian harmony. Others, in an attempt to absolve themselves from the unearned guilt they harbor living in a nation of prosperity and wealth, try to buy morality on the cheap by pronouncing themselves for the 'good'. To them, the derivation of the 'good' is based on a simple, yet peculiar standard: the powerful and competent are wicked, while the feeble and impotent are innocent - regardless of the context. That is why they defend Iraq instead of America, and the Palestinian "resistance" instead of Israel.

These leftists usually carry the loudest megaphones. And left unchallenged, their voices are heard disproportionately, demoralizing our troops, and emboldening dictators around the world - dictators who dream of the day the "Great Satan" disappears from the face of the earth.

However, their self-righteous messages go silent quickly when the truth of history and reality is thrown back in their face. It's time to turn up the juice on OUR megaphones, as we will never keep our supreme values of liberty and justice without the will to fight for them.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a member of PW, too - the absolute BEST pro-America, anti-UN, anti-Palestinian, pro-Israeli protest signs in the world are on their site.
Laffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: lets all get together on this. Reply with quote

Lets all get together on this. This movement is growing like crazy.

When the men and women come home from Iraq it needs to be to a ticker tape parade, and not what you guys got.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: