SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry who? The Vietnam Vet or the Vietnam protestor?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdp0226
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Kerry who? The Vietnam Vet or the Vietnam protestor? Reply with quote

I saw the press conference of the Swiftvets on May 4th and I have two questions: (1) It is my understanding that you have to be wounded to receive the purple heart and how or why did John Kerry receive 3 of them for his 3 1/2 to 4 months tour of duty? when he was only injured once for a small piece of shrapnel in his forearm by his own fault. (2) How could he come back home and condemn the war while other soldiers were still dying?
I can't see a man of Kerry's history becoming our military's Commander in Chief. The only he is good at is changing his mind.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry recieve injuries on three seperate occassions (Bush may have gotten a papercut while he was reading a magazine with his feet propped up on a desk) Kerry recieved so many wounds because he was fighting in intense firefights with Vietnamese soldiers (Bush was chugging beer stateside). Kerry saved a man's life in combat (Bush didn't). Who is more deserving of respect and honor for his service to the country (hint: John Kerry).
tlarson2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Kerry PH. Reply with quote

I think the problem is that Kerry pulled something similar to shooting himself in the foot, but w/o the stigma....
I would guess that he could have requested rear area duty after getting 2 purple hearts, had the two wounds been serious, or significant. However asking for transfer with purple non-serious wounds would have showed him up...but he knew that if he got 3 wounds. he was OUT OF THERE...so he managed to get the third on....
While this is not a terrible thing for someone to do, it is terrible to make a living out of it, promoting himself as a soldier who had experienced so much combat that he got three PH's... I new one person who was shipped home after 2 PH's, for which he was briefly hospitalized. The word was that he was sent home for his own protection because he was so stupid.
Ex-Military Capitalist
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Kerry is trying to squash this Reply with quote

Most "heroes" in war don't call attention to themselves as such. Kerry did.

Now we look, and he only served for 4 months (or less) there, and got three! Purple hearts. Including a bandaid.

Democrats want us to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain," but when we peek, we see that the great war hero is a fraud.

The funny thing about the internet, is that it frees us little people to tell the truth, to a wide audience.

Kerry is a coward. He proclaimed himself "the next JFK," got on a swift, got off of it as soon as possible, with band-aid purple hearts.

A coward.
Decom Reject
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Kerry saved a man's life in combat"

Having spent a full year on the boats I can attest to the fact that when we were ferrying, landing, and extracting troops it was more common to have someone in the water than it was to keep everyone dry. Imagine having 20+ people (some with guns!) loaded onto a 50-ft. boat and the problem should be obvious. Most crews just pulled the guy back onboard, not stopping to write themselves up for a Bronze Star along the way.
moab
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big difference is that President Bush never killed his own men, his own "band of brothers". Kerry did more than "protest the war". He gave aid and comfort to the enemy. He revealed the names of covert operatives and the details of U.S. operations, indirectly, right to the North Vietnamese. Kerry helped to kill his own men.
But in Kerry's twisted mind, it is more serious a crime to stack Iraqi terrorists in a naked pyramid than it is to betray your brothers to the enemy.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One big difference is that President Bush never killed his own men, his own "band of brothers". Kerry did more than "protest the war". He gave aid and comfort to the enemy. He revealed the names of covert operatives and the details of U.S. operations, indirectly, right to the North Vietnamese. Kerry helped to kill his own men.
But in Kerry's twisted mind, it is more serious a crime to stack Iraqi terrorists in a naked pyramid than it is to betray your brothers to the enemy.

Really? Kerry killed his own men? And nobody's come forward? Have those who would have come forward been killed or something?

Kerry revealed the names of covert operatives and US operations to the Viet Cong? And he said that last statement about the naked pyramid? Man, with the media not mentioning any of this anywhere, I can only conclude it's a liberal media conspiracy!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to it your ignorance of Vietnam, the VC ties to the USSR and Communist China, the duplicity of the North Vietnamese, the use of the American anti-war movement by communist agitators and now, you're catching on! Wink
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in other words, you agree with moab about all that conspiracy stuff? Man-o-man! Kerry killed his own men? Gave up operatives and operations to the enemy?

And he hasn't been arrested? And only a select few know of this yet nobody has the guts to arrest him? The media ignores this because...?

This is Vince Foster all over again! Right when I thought it was safe.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
So in other words, you agree with moab about all that conspiracy stuff? Man-o-man! Kerry killed his own men? Gave up operatives and operations to the enemy?

And he hasn't been arrested? And only a select few know of this yet nobody has the guts to arrest him? The media ignores this because...?

Sorry, you're not going to belittle Kerry's terrible atrocities against his own men with a casual wave-off of "all that conspiracy stuff."

This has nothing to do with conspiracy, except maybe Kerry's conspiracy to create a fraud called Winter Soldier Investigation and foist it onto the public.

Made it quite acceptable to look upon Vietnam veterans as "baby killers," sociopaths, druggies, insane.

How many came home and found that road too hard to walk alone?

How many Vietnam vets have killed themselves or drank themselves into a semi-permanent oblivion because back in the world, they were treated like criminals for doing what their country had called them to do?

How great are those losses?

They're not on the wall.
Jonathan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry who? The Vietnam Vet or the Vietnam protestor? Reply with quote

sdp0226 wrote:
I saw the press conference of the Swiftvets on May 4th and I have two questions: (1) It is my understanding that you have to be wounded to receive the purple heart and how or why did John Kerry receive 3 of them for his 3 1/2 to 4 months tour of duty? when he was only injured once for a small piece of shrapnel in his forearm by his own fault. (2) How could he come back home and condemn the war while other soldiers were still dying?
I can't see a man of Kerry's history becoming our military's Commander in Chief. The only he is good at is changing his mind.

Except that the "small piece of shrapnel in his forearm" story doesn't add up.

Despite the "Johnny-come-lately" criticism of Kerry's wounds, the sick call treatment record clearly shows that shrapnel was removed from his arm above the elbow.

Worse for the critics, Dr. Letson (who is evidently a member of SBVT and claims to have treated Kerry's wound), wasn't the one who's name was on the treatment record -- a "J. C. Carreon" signed it. So it would appear either Letson's memory is faulty or he's lying.

His commanding officer (Hibbard) who now says Kerry merely had a scratch on his forearm (wrong wound) and that Kerry badgered him for a purple heart, gave Kerry highest marks two weeks later for "cooperation" and "personal behavior". He recorded absolutely no misgivings over Kerry's purple heart or behavior at the time.

Finally, two crewmen were with Kerry the night he received his wound. Neither claims to know whether Kerry's wound resulted from enemy fire. So how on earth can anyone claim to know that Kerry received his wound from "shooting himself in the foot"?

Everyone can come to their own conclusion, of course. Certainly, people have received purple hearts for far more grievous wounds.

But to my mind, the known facts suggest anyone who claims to know that Kerry didn't deserve his first purple heart is simply pursuing an anti-Kerry agenda, driven either by partisanship or by dislike of Kerry's anti-war activities (or both).

The evidence just doesn't support what's being said about Kerry's medals now. If people would stick to the facts, they'd have a much more solid argument.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moab wrote:

You better have some pretty good evidence to back that up. Otherwise, I can only conclude you are mentally ill.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
sparky wrote:

Sorry, you're not going to belittle Kerry's terrible atrocities against his own men with a casual wave-off of "all that conspiracy stuff."

This has nothing to do with conspiracy, except maybe Kerry's conspiracy to create a fraud called Winter Soldier Investigation and foist it onto the public.

Made it quite acceptable to look upon Vietnam veterans as "baby killers," sociopaths, druggies, insane.

How many came home and found that road too hard to walk alone?

How many Vietnam vets have killed themselves or drank themselves into a semi-permanent oblivion because back in the world, they were treated like criminals for doing what their country had called them to do?

How great are those losses?

They're not on the wall.

I can't believe the ignorant bile spewing from people here.

Kerry, along with a number of others, tried very hard to vet the people giving testimony at Winter Soldiers. They checked DD-214's. They got double and triple corroboration from people serving in the same units.

They used combat veterans familiar with tactics, terminology and dispositions to spot the fakers.

Despite all of that, they were not 100% successful in screening out some phony stories.

There are hundreds of pages of testimony trascripts that have never been refuted. SOME stories were, and those are held up as "proof" that the whole thing was fake.

Not to mention that fact that this was only a few months after the My Lai massacre was revealed to the American public. They didn't need John Kerry to convince them that stuff like this was going on.

What I sense here is nothing but politically motivated malice from people who never forgave the anti-war movement.

Get over it.

One last thing, John kerry was one of the FIRST people to discuss the plight of returning veterans who had no jobs, no prospects, poor health care, and were suffering from PTSD and depression. He and the VVAW went to existing veterans groups and the veterans administration, and got absolutely NOWHERE.

To blame Kerry for the very things he was fighting to address is not only pathetic, it's also dishonorable, immoral and disgusting.

I suggest you take more than five minutes learning about John Kerry's role fighting FOR veterans. Even in his testimony to the Foreign Relations Committee, he raises the exact problems you just cited. But according to you, those problems only started to occur AFTER Kerry spoke.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hesiod wrote:

Kerry, along with a number of others, tried very hard to vet the people giving testimony at Winter Soldiers. They checked DD-214's. They got double and triple corroboration from people serving in the same units.

Now that's the kind of news that would be a real bombshell among people who have spent a huge amount of time investigating the "investigation."

Do you have anything other than Mr. Kerry's words to back up this statement?
hojared
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Kerry who? The Vietnam Vet or the Vietnam protestor? Reply with quote

I would like to know how many Vietnam Vets have received 3 or more Purple Harts in a normal (12 to 18 Months) tour? How many Yale grads served in the military during the Vietnam War, and how many served war zones? How many well to do fathers kept their sons out of any war?

This would make John Kerry way above the norm, or just hard to believe.

John A Holland
Bakersfield, CA
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: