SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hannity on now - swiftvet ad /moveon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan was saying just today on tv, that if Bush was to come out publicly and request that the SBVT remove the ad that they of course would listen (I guess she has the inside link to how the SVBT would react to such a request). I guess my perception was that she was basically saying that Bush should ask for the removal of the ads. At the same time she agreed something to the effect that if Kerry called for moveon to remove their ad that they would. I can't recall word for word, and I don't have a transcript that that is the essence of what I heard today. I think I also heard Juan Williams suggest the other day the same notion that if Bush would denounce the ad and ask that they don't play it, then they would comply. If I come across a transcript later, I'll post it here Smile

Either way... let's say that I did mis-hear or mis-understand about the actual removal of the ad (even though I'm pretty sure what I heard), it still is bogus that Kerry & company are demanding Bush to denounce the SBVT ad, when Kerry & company wrap their arms around the likes of Michael Moore and Bush has not even shaken hands with the SBVT. It's just my opinion..... yahoooooooooooooooo I'm glad to live in a country where I am free to express it toooooooo Razz
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb wrote:

okay, I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but my "doubting thomas" status in my family has me ask this: do y ou have any links as to where kerry asked bush to have the ad removed?

Sorry, not Kerry - Kerry's campaign and representatives and Democrats and a variety of talking heads. A boatload of people have been screaming for Bush to pull this ad as if he has any control over it.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb,

If I'm not mistaken, the moveon.org ad asks Bush to take it off TV.

Also, if you were referring to my earlier comment, what I meant was that if Bush were to ask SBVFT to take down the ad, or conversely if Kerry were to demand that moveon.org take down their ad (so the candidate requesting to take down the ad which is organized by their own party.)

Of course it would be a more obvious violation the other way around...
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
nickb wrote:

okay, I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but my "doubting thomas" status in my family has me ask this: do y ou have any links as to where kerry asked bush to have the ad removed?

Sorry, not Kerry - Kerry's campaign and representatives and Democrats and a variety of talking heads. A boatload of people have been screaming for Bush to pull this ad as if he has any control over it.

ok, well I hadn't heard that term used in reference to the sbvt ad. denounce, yes, remove, no.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
nickb,

If I'm not mistaken, the moveon.org ad asks Bush to take it off TV.

Also, if you were referring to my earlier comment, what I meant was that if Bush were to ask SBVFT to take down the ad, or conversely if Kerry were to demand that moveon.org take down their ad (so the candidate requesting to take down the ad which is organized by their own party.)

Of course it would be a more obvious violation the other way around...

I haven't seen the move on ad.
it wouldn't be appropriate for either candidate to ask either group to take their ads down.

and I don't think it would be a more obvious violation either way.
proving that statement would be difficult.
TripleDipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: hannity on now - swift vets ad/moveon Reply with quote

This is my first post. I served in the Navy for 32 years and I believe the Swift Vets. The points I like to make and they have already been covered a number times but they are still valid.

- Yes these are both 527 ads. But its like comparing apples to oranges. MoveOn has repeatly stated their main objective is to remove Bush from the White House. Soros is willing to spend and had spent millions to accomplish this goal. He just plain doesn't like Bush. He's is using his wealth to influence the outcome of the election - just like Moore and the others irks.

- The SwiftVets are responding to Kerry's "Tour of Duty" and the misinformation therein. Plus is behaviour upon returning to the "World".
Unlike Soros they actually served with him have every right to set the record straight. They earned this right with their blood, sweat and tears in Vietnam. The SwiftVets are armed with the truth and first hand experience.

The vast majority of the people posting of this site knows this ad has been very effective, not to mention the book. Kerry has not been able to provide anything other than a lot of BS to refute the SwiftVets allegations.
They know that they can't do that so they will continue to attack their creditable and character.

Like they say "The proof is in the pudding", until someone of their side can come up with some hard evidence that the Swifties are lying, I will put my money on these sailors.

Isn't it strange that the enlisted crewmembers supporting Kerry hasn't make any appearances to refutes these claims. Let's see a debate!
Rassmann had make a couple of attempts - but it reading the book and the other stuff of this site I have serious doubts about his creditibility. Let's see them face off, and response to each others comments.
The March 13 action per his report just doesn't pass the common sense test. Like Judge Judy says "If it doesn't pass the common sense test, there's a high probability it's not true".

One last comments if I may - I think the next ad should include Kerry's so called secret missions to Cambodia - pictures of the LCU, PBRs, signs, statements from the OIC of the LCU or PBRs etc.

That's my two cents.

USN 56-88
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who served on Kerry's boat are only allowed to speak through the campaign.

A private investigator did manage to speak with three of them who discounted Kerry's version of an event, but the next time contact was attempted, they told the PI that they had been instructed not to speak to the PI again.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why denounce anything from either party?... How about we have Bush come out with a simple statement:

"In this great nation of ours, the freedom to express ourselves is one of our most cherished things. There have been several ads, some very creative, critical of me and my administration. I hold no malice and consider these ads to be an expression of freedom. There have also been ads critical of my opponent. While I am unable to comment on the veracity of the content of those ads, I urge people to examine both sides of every issue and to come to their own conclusions. This is part of what makes this the greatest country on earth. God Bless The United States of America. This is George W. Bush, and I approved this message."

I think the Kerry Kamp would poop their diapers on that one.

SOTG
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
NavyBrat wrote:

She's just an annoying disrupter with a "Bawk, Polly wants a Cracker" voice.

I'll have you know that my macaw is now highly offended and refuses to speak to you.

Wink

EJ- I should have known someone here would have had a macaw with some conservative sensibilities. I would be perched up the miffed tree if I was compared to Susan Estrich too. If you would ask the sophisicated one to forgive me, I would be grateful Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: