SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

minnesota star tribune article
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy,

You might be right, but I still think that the SwiftVets need to read the article carefully before they are challenged on it by a reporter. That's all.

Truth is Beauty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, definitely!

And posting it here helps, as there are some people who are scouring the daily press to see what's happening.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

You might be right, but I still think that the SwiftVets need to read the article carefully before they are challenged on it by a reporter.

Polaris...SBVT has no problem there...reporters run from Swift Vets faster than Kerry runs from reporters Smile

This LA Times article had already been "fisked"(in blog-ese, rebutted) by 7:06AM EST yesterday (probably before the LA Times bundles left the trucks in LA) by one of our forum members, Beldar, on his Beldar Blog.

The real story at the Star-Tribune is not that they're a day late and a dollar short in reproducing the LA Times "effort" from yesterday, but that the Star-Trib has also picked up a Powerline Blog-piece that is all over the Kerry in Cambodia story (now affecionately dubbed "The Kurtz Chronicles").

In short, SBVT, like Luke Skywalker, has apparently discovered the wonders of "the force", and with "the force" and the blogosphere, Kerry's defenses are turned into detritus before they get out of the starting gate.

Man, I'm glad I'm on THIS side Smile

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:37 am; edited 7 times in total
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me,

Thanks. That is exactly the sort of Fisking that is needed. I am glad that others were on the ball. I am not especially fond of bloggers since they tend to be non-objective, but man oh man has the MSM been partisan, biased and completely dropped the ball on this one.

If there was any doubt that the media was biased, this should eliminate all doubt.

BTW, the folks at DU insist that the media has a right-wing bias (just for a chuckle).

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
MJB,

Sorry, no dice. I get asked for registration...and their registration questions seem suspiciously nosey to me.

Me too. I resisted for months. Go to bugmenot.com and use their service to register at any number of newpaper sites without giving out your personal info. Basically, people create logins for the newspapers and then share them via bugmenot. Very cool. Be patient - it took me a couple of tries to figure out their process.

MJB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: