SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Look what I got
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Look what I got Reply with quote

Yesterday, after reading one of the links posted here (I don't recall which paper, but the article was negative, and just a regurgitation of the Dim talking points), I fired off an angry letter. I probably need to go for it.

Look what I got in response (my letter is below):

Quote:
My name is Joan Pulcinella. We received your e-mail and would like to consider it for our Op-ed page, but first we need the following information: Address and tel. number. We also need to verify that you did send it. Please give me a call at 215-854-5869. Thanks.

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:02 PM
To: Views@phillynews.com
Subject: Dem talking points, eh?

It's obvious that you are trotting out the Democratic talking points. So much of what you've said has been disproved already and you are days behind. That doesn't speak too highly of your journalistic skills or integrity.

President Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard for most of his time in the service, not Alabama. Furthermore, if you use the Kerry camp's mantra, "But they didn't serve in the same boat," to dismiss the comments of Kerry's fellow officers and superiors, there is NO ONE who can vouch for President Bush since he flew single-seat jets. Using the Kerry definition of "served with," no one "served with" President Bush.

Quite a few of the men quoted in the book Unfit for Command DID serve with Kerry. One served on the same boat. At least 12 of his fellow officers (that would be men with the same rank commanding other boats in the group, men who went on patrol with Kerry, bunked with him, and generally spent a lot of time with him), as well as everyone above him in the chain of command have spoken out against him.

George Elliott did not retract his criticism. What he told the Globe reporter (who is closely tied to Kerry) was that had he known then (when he signed the medal documentation) what he knows now, he would not have signed it. The reporter twisted what he said to make it sound like he retracted his criticism. As soon as Mr. Elliott saw what he had been accused of saying, he signed another affidavit clarifying the situation.

While the ad may have been produced by the same firm that did the McCain ad, they were hired for their experience, not because they support a particular point. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (get the name right, please) are not associated with whatever group smeared McCain.

Dr. Letson was the doctor in charge. The person who signed the medical report worked under Dr. Letson. The wound was so insignificant that it could be treated by someone other than a doctor, but the doctor was called to look at and treat the wound.

One Republican made a $100,000 contribution. Over $400,000 has been contributed by some 8000 contributors. What difference does it make what the political affiliations of contributors is? The contributions to this group pale in comparison to those of George Soros and MoveOn.org.

The White House can't condemn the ad. Thanks to Senator McCain's campaign refinance bill, the candidates are prevented from having anything at all to do with the 527 groups. If President Bush condemns the ad, he breaks the law.

You're still behind. Even the story that Kerry gives now about being in Cambodia in January is suspect, and if you'd done a little research on www.swiftvets.com, you'd have found links to background information.

Read the book and do some research. Your partisanship is showing. You can't even think for yourself enough to get off the DNC talking points.

(name removed for privacy)

nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Look what I got Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
Yesterday, after reading one of the links posted here (I don't recall which paper, but the article was negative, and just a regurgitation of the Dim talking points), I fired off an angry letter. I probably need to go for it.

Look what I got in response (my letter is below):

Quote:
My name is Joan Pulcinella. We received your e-mail and would like to consider it for our Op-ed page, but first we need the following information: Address and tel. number. We also need to verify that you did send it. Please give me a call at 215-854-5869. Thanks.

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:02 PM
To: Views@phillynews.com
Subject: Dem talking points, eh?

It's obvious that you are trotting out the Democratic talking points. So much of what you've said has been disproved already and you are days behind. That doesn't speak too highly of your journalistic skills or integrity.

President Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard for most of his time in the service, not Alabama. Furthermore, if you use the Kerry camp's mantra, "But they didn't serve in the same boat," to dismiss the comments of Kerry's fellow officers and superiors, there is NO ONE who can vouch for President Bush since he flew single-seat jets. Using the Kerry definition of "served with," no one "served with" President Bush.

Quite a few of the men quoted in the book Unfit for Command DID serve with Kerry. One served on the same boat. At least 12 of his fellow officers (that would be men with the same rank commanding other boats in the group, men who went on patrol with Kerry, bunked with him, and generally spent a lot of time with him), as well as everyone above him in the chain of command have spoken out against him.

George Elliott did not retract his criticism. What he told the Globe reporter (who is closely tied to Kerry) was that had he known then (when he signed the medal documentation) what he knows now, he would not have signed it. The reporter twisted what he said to make it sound like he retracted his criticism. As soon as Mr. Elliott saw what he had been accused of saying, he signed another affidavit clarifying the situation.

While the ad may have been produced by the same firm that did the McCain ad, they were hired for their experience, not because they support a particular point. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (get the name right, please) are not associated with whatever group smeared McCain.

Dr. Letson was the doctor in charge. The person who signed the medical report worked under Dr. Letson. The wound was so insignificant that it could be treated by someone other than a doctor, but the doctor was called to look at and treat the wound.

One Republican made a $100,000 contribution. Over $400,000 has been contributed by some 8000 contributors. What difference does it make what the political affiliations of contributors is? The contributions to this group pale in comparison to those of George Soros and MoveOn.org.

The White House can't condemn the ad. Thanks to Senator McCain's campaign refinance bill, the candidates are prevented from having anything at all to do with the 527 groups. If President Bush condemns the ad, he breaks the law.

You're still behind. Even the story that Kerry gives now about being in Cambodia in January is suspect, and if you'd done a little research on www.swiftvets.com, you'd have found links to background information.

Read the book and do some research. Your partisanship is showing. You can't even think for yourself enough to get off the DNC talking points.

(name removed for privacy)

I'm missing your point here... to get confirmation before a paper posts a letter is somewhat standard. when I have sent letters in, I have recieved phone calls to verify I am a real person, and that the statements in my letter are actually from me.
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: most exelcelent Reply with quote

Please let us know if they print it.

I sure hope they do.

Be proud of yourself, you got everything in there.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

My point is that I got a response and they are considering publishing my letter. I understand about them wanting to confirm that I wrote it, and who I am.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work. Definitely go for it and get your e-mail printed in the newspaper. More people need to be aware of the information about John F'n Kerry.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job get it published.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter, except for one point. The people that produced the ad blasting McCain had nothing to do with the Swift Boat ad.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna,

Thanks. I did not know for sure, so the wording is neither yea nor nay. I should be able to correct that.

Is there somewhere that I can verify that?
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

My point is that I got a response and they are considering publishing my letter. I understand about them wanting to confirm that I wrote it, and who I am.

Excellent read, if you're not a journalist, you should be; the NY Times could certainly use someone of your caliber!
Their request is normal; however, the paranoid in me would balk at giving a street address. The local papers here only require name and town if you wish to opine; sound familiar?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Anyone with my name and town can find my address, phone number, and where I work. I have an uncommon name and a web search turns up information about me without any trouble at all.

However, if this can help the Swifties, I need to do it.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! I as well have been typing up a storm to everyone.This is how we will reach more.The alphabet networks will never cover this subject fairly,There clear agenda is to get rid of Bush at all costs and there bias is sickening
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

ok. I just got the same message, incedentally. not to mention that it's always nice to get a letter published in the paper. I'm still used to faxing them in.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding-

Excellent! I got the gist of what that person must have said for you to respond, because, well you know, we've been hearing the same ole "hit replay" Dem marching orders points here.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encourage everyone to write their home town newspaper, especially letters to the editor.

I use a lot of information here and I post it on a couple of bulletin boards that I frequent. The demos there hate me. Very Happy
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A woman from the paper called me to confirm my identity. I don't get this paper but I live less than 2 hours from Philly. If anone here is following what responses they print, can you please post a descriptor here? I'd like to know if they really did end up publishing my letter. It was only about 3 impressively long run-on sentences Wink , but I strafed his entire miserable career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: