SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBV's, you must respond to this one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: john kasish sitting in for oreilly Reply with quote

Quote:
did anyone just see the bs on john kasish sitting in for oreilly with pasty face estrich, I am beginning to wonder about that guy, he thinks this is all old news happened 30 years ago and we should be talking about issues, ]

Just wrote to Kasich and rest of Fox folks. Told Kasich it might be better if he got off the air and run for Congress again, having Estrich as his campaign manager. He'd have as much success with that wide mouth bass as Dukakis did. Wink
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY did you notice the "tactical shift" today best example probably being Susan Estrich on the OReilly program. Namely:

(1) previously when Susan subbed for Alan Colmes she could barely contain herself, trembling with anger about SBVT and firing off insults about smears, vile Republican "hired guns" schemes etc etc etc; not too adult

(2) but today with the "stage prop" of the new Move On anti-GWB ad (his ANG service) it's all condescendingly humorous, tsk--tsk, boys will be boys, BOTH SIDES (big of you Susan) should clean up their act and talk about the real issues instead of all this petty schoolyard fisticuffs stuff, c'mon now Vietnam is ancient history, etc. . . . .

Now I'm no Patton or Eisenhower but I think I see what's going on. Yes! it's the "NHL" strategy!! You assign some goon that can't play a lick (the Move On ad) to provoke the opponent's superstar into a "game misconduct" situation. They lose the superstar and you lose the goon. Good trade!

This is the new DNC strategy.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People,

Here's something else to think about....and if any of you are GOP members you might want to suggest it.

If MoveOn does pull it's add, then I would suggest that the GOP complain to the FEC for illegal coordination. If they don't then they (and Kerry) look very bad.

It's a lose-lose situation for Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: john kasish sitting in for oreilly Reply with quote

Jette wrote:
Quote:
did anyone just see the bs on john kasish sitting in for oreilly with pasty face estrich, I am beginning to wonder about that guy, he thinks this is all old news happened 30 years ago and we should be talking about issues, ]

Just wrote to Kasich and rest of Fox folks. Told Kasich it might be better if he got off the air and run for Congress again, having Estrich as his campaign manager. He'd have as much success with that wide mouth bass as Dukakis did. Wink

Question Could one of you two thousand+ members explain to me what "an issue" is?
Let's see ...
(a) we're questioning Kerry's patriotism ... is that an issue?
(b) we're questioning his voting record ... does that qualify?
(c) we're questioning his leadership ability ... does that count?
(d) we're questioning his tactics ...
(e) we're questioning his honesty.
(f) we're questioning his integrity.

Seems like anything a panelist comes up with we could answer "Yes. We have an issue with that".

Guess there are no remaining issues.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People,

I will be frank. I am a libertarian and when it comes to social issues I disagree with the president on almost everyone of them. As an Atheist, I have trouble with is stance on religion as well. On the domestic side, about the only thing I agree with him on is defending the second amendment and the use of business oriented solutions to social problems.

That said, I am going to vote for President Bush anyway.

Why? Because during a time of war, CHARACTER matters first and foremost. For all my disagreements with him, President Bush has character and Sen. Kerry plainly does not. Without character, no other issue matters.

Truth is Beauty
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Kerry & "stupid" mistakes Reply with quote

Polaris asked why Kerry is making all these stupid mistakes.

For a couple of reasons, I believe.

First and foremost, John Kerry (aka "Mr. Entertainment") wouldn't know a hero or a patriot or a person of valor if one of 'em slapped his prissy little face. He just cannot recognize the breed even though he "served" amongst them in Vietnam. He's too self-centered to be able to function with real people.

Secondly, and as I have said in different forums, John Francine Kerry is not the brightest bulb in the box. He was not an honors stoont at Yale. He has never, ever, successfully presented himself as a thinker of any standing. His treason speech in 1971 was written by someone else and recited. He is mentally slow, and that weakness is a gift to us from the DNC.

John Kerry is a slow target.

John Kerry wilfully launched a grenade, the shrapnel radius of which included himself. Doy, "there's hope for America."

John Kerry pitched a concussion grenade into a cache and nearly blew his own ass off with rice. Doy, "there's hope for America."

Maybe someone could give him a hand grenade belt buckle and send him to sit in the corner to figure it out.

John Kerry frontlines the story of a Green Beret "crew member" who tells the story of being rescued by Kerry following a dunk in the river, and most of that time he was admittedly underwater. But, of course, he also saw it all and John Kerry is now his hero. And John Kerry showboats that story! Doy, "there's hope for America.

John Kerry is truly a Manchurian Candidate. John Kerry is no thinker. John Kerry is a (dull) tool, easily manipulated not just by the Queen of Hearts but by the whole derned deck, jokers included. To suggest that he would be a better servant were he to have a ring in his nose would not be an "inappropriate" thing to say.

His handlers are dangerous, that's for sure. But John Kerry left alone with John Kerry is a two man parade of dimwits. The guy's got a key in his back.

John Kerry is an inappropriate human being.

Gosh, I love this war!

P.S.--to all of the queries about DD180: He'll do it. It will be heavily doctored and transparently phony (appropriately) but it will be complimentary. "Did I ever tell you I was in Vietnam? I was a war hero, you know." He will do it late in the campaign--too late to mount a truth report. That just fits the pattern of the weasel (my apologies to egg-sucking weasels everywhere). I've got $5.00 on that one.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be patient and steady on. We have to really be aware of the lack of knowledge on the part of the civilians out there. They don't know the difference between a fitrep and a firetrap! Keep it short, simple and unemotional.

Those of you with specific information about dates, locations, procedures, etc. be aware that many others out there will find it confusing to wade through lots of details.

Please don't get impatient with repeated questions or confusion on their part. Let's keep educating people and helping them see that the heart of some of these issues really IS in the details.

MJB
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would debate on Bush's side? Well, that's an interesting comparison in itself. I have heard Bush's former TX Air Guard commander say on TV that George W. Bush was "just another one of the guys" when he served. It seems that must be true because not a lot of people have come forward with reminiscences about him. But, think about this for a moment...Bush's dad was a Congressman at the time. If he had bragged about that, he would have stuck out more, and people would have remembered a lot more about him. In contrast, John Kerry was going around telling people that he was "the next JFK from Masschusetts". That's pretty telling about the personalities of the two.

The best person I have ever heard stick up for Bush's service on TV was Lieutenant General McInerny, the FOX News analyst that was the former Asst. Chief of Staff of the Air Force. If somebody knows where I could find a transcript of that explanation, I would appreciate it. He explained exactly how pilots were managed in those Guard units at that time in history...that that they were commonly allowed to transfer units and take leaves of absence just like Bush did. He also explained that the plane that Bush flew was a difficult plane to fly, and why the mission to fly them here was real, not some worthless boondoggle like the media always seems to imply. Even if you believe that family connections got Bush into the Guard, it's a stretch to believe that it could have gotten him through flight school. The media have been allowed to persist in willfull misunderstanding of Bush's Guard service, and it's just frustrating. Besides that, plenty of Nat'l Guard folks died in Vietnam, and it's disrespectful to pooh-pooh all Nat'l Guard service.

Kasich is yet another non-military guy who doesn't understand the issue. He's doesn't understand how life-changing military service can be, and therefore doesn't get why people still care about events that long ago. He doesn't get how deeply it hurts for a military person's honor to be questioned because he's a policitian, and having his honor questioned is part of just another day's work.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: SBV's, you must respond to this one Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
As usual, the Philadelphia Daily News loves to take shots at anyone who criticizes JFK. Those of you who know the facts can respond much better to this piece of trash better than I can. Please take the time to respond to this rag.

The Phila. Daily News is written to a 6th grade readership level.

Ignore it.

FDL
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already shot off an e-mail to the philly newsrag. Last night, I wrote to O'reilly show (again!) and to the white house, saying that Mr. Bush should NOT denounce the Swift Vets.

I don't really think George W. will read the e-mail ... but I think they might keep tabs on numbers of e mails pro and con to an issue.

Wow! Amazing, mindbblowing stuff!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a nastygram to the Philly paper and got a reply this morning. See this thread for the response.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3072
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to vote for Bush but if he dares to say you should stop what is a effective grass roots movement based on true FACTS against the lies of communists that control kerry like Soros and Moore along with the hollywood whores then I might stay home Exclamation Exclamation
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I'll send those bastards an email they will never print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might actually enhance the SwiftVets credibility if the Bush campaign asked them to stop, and the SwiftVets refused. This is about their honor, not the Bush campaign, right?

Now, if W, himself asked...that would be tougher to say no to...
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, we're dealing with another Mesmercrat. The writer of the article is approaching the SwiftVet issue by confining it to the Presidential Election and associating it with President Bush - an old mersmeratic trick! The SwiftVet issue is much broader than the Election that deals with a period spanning 33 years which has nothing to do, nor has alignments with Bush - it is about Kerry. I am going to submit a written response to this article and send it to: Views@phillynews.com - and I will post my response on this site later.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly Daily News claim to fame was the "first" newspaper to make an endorsement 2-3 months ago - and guess who they endorsed? The paper is without a doubt bordering tabloid status and certainly ran by morons. It is also the same paper that endorsed John Street, who was being investigated by the FBI for political impropriety sometimes back during the mayor race. Sorry if this is off topic but I wouldn't take serious anything that comes from this paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: