SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question to the cyber hooligans

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: A question to the cyber hooligans Reply with quote

Dear Cyber Hooligans (Sparky and Comrades):

I have made the observation that you disagree with most of the posts on this board that opin that Kerry should not be president.

Kerry stated in the 1970's that the U.S. military was a group of war criminals.

Either you believe that...in which case your presence on this board dishonors the fine military and ex-military people here, and is basically harrassment.

Or you don't believe that the U.S. military was a band of war criminals in Vietnam, in which case Kerry's statements amounted to "The Big Lie" (a lie so monstrous that people believe it much more easily than smaller lies. Adolf Hitler and/or Josef Goebbels used this principle to great advantage as Minister of Propaganda for Nazi Germany - see

[url]http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Big Lie[/url]

(note to sysop: the [url] directive does not seem to work correctly if the URL contains a space)

So which is it? And, if you do not believe that Vietnam Vets are war criminals as Kerry stated, then how did Kerry's post-Vietnam statements on this issue differ from Hitler's and Goebbel's "Big Lies" on topics such as Jews, Roosevelt, and Churchill?

Last edited by fortdixlover on Wed May 19, 2004 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the psychology of the "Big Lie" is so helpful in understanding perhaps why the VVAW used the tactics it did, that I am posting it here.

Hitler writes in Mein Kampf:

... All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes.

NOTE: Please, hooligans, spare us the attribution of the above characteristics to GWB. Try some better spin this time. C'mon...you can do it if you try!
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: A question to the cyber hooligans Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Dear Cyber Hooligans (Sparky and Comrades):

I have made the observation that you disagree with most of the posts on this board that opin that Kerry should not be president.

Either you believe that...in which case your presence on this board dishonors the fine military and ex-military people here, and is basically harrassment.

Or you don't believe that the U.S. military was a band of war criminals in Vietnam, in which case Kerry's statements amounted to "The Big Lie" (a lie so monstrous that people believe it much more easily than smaller lies. Adolf Hitler and/or Josef Goebbels used this principle to great advantage as Minister of Propaganda for Nazi Germany - see

[url]http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Big Lie[/url]

(note to sysop: the [url] directive does not seem to work correctly if the URL contains a space)

So which is it? And, if you do not believe that Vietnam Vets are war criminals as Kerry stated, then how did Kerry's post-Vietnam statements on this issue differ from Hitler's and Goebbel's "Big Lies" on topics such as Jews, Roosevelt, and Churchill?

First off, the cyber hooligans label is childish. It shows the maturity of the the poster using it.

Second. Kerry did not say the military was a group of war criminals. He said that there were things going on that were criminal, and that has been proven since then. Both he and I have said that he overstated the problem and I also understand that some of the posters here are still upset with what happened. I have shown far more respect to the people here than you have shown anyone.

I come here to refute the lies spread when I find them and to debate the consequences of certain actions. Many of the people here have my utmost respect for what they have done and the way they present themselves in this forum. I disagree with them on many points, but have also learned some things from them. You, on the other hand, have made me laugh frequently.

My gut tells me you are noit a vet. The style you use makes me believe you are just one more in a line of young freeper type people who regurgitate wild conspiracy theories. Your use of the big lie theory pushes that further in my mind. However if you would like a few examples of little big lies, look at the "clear skies" or "healthy forrests" acts.

I come to this site for two reasons. First it was to make sure that people visiting this site got both sides of the story, when there was another side to give. The other is because I truly enjoy debating people with another view when they are intelligent and respectfull. I haven't seen that from you, but I am sure you will continue to post, so there may be hope for you yet.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: A question to the cyber hooligans Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
First off, the cyber hooligans label is childish. It shows the maturity of the the poster using it.

Mikest, ad hominem aside, you still haven't responded to the content of the MemoGate memos.

Quote:
Both he and I have said that he overstated the problem

Oh, really? I see. Thanks for that explanation.

SwiftVets, you can close down the site now. It was all a misunderstanding.

Quote:
I come here to refute the lies spread when I find them and to debate the consequences of certain actions.

When will you respond substantively to the content of the Memogate Memos e.g., at http://fairjudiciary.com/cfj_contents/press/judges.pdf ? Never? Because they do not fit in with your agenda, perhaps?

UPDATE:

mikest in another thread wrote:

(at the thread on the MemoGate Memos at http://swiftvets.com/VetsBB/viewtopic.php?t=193 ), message #12 or so):

I haven't responded because OI am not overly concerned with them. This admin has tried to pack the courts withg extreme right wing judges, even though the country is evenly devided and the electio was razor thin

I see. Overt, naked tampering with the justice system to alter the outcome of an important case is OK, and you are not overly concerned with such tampering because there's too many right wing judges in power.

Sir, if you were in the military, you'd likely face a Court Martial for your ethics, which are typical leftist "end justifies the means" tactics.

End of debate. These ethical shortcomings are exactly what the creators of this Website identify and abhor in JFKtoo.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Wrong. He didn't say that.

There. The matter is settled. I recommend that Swift Boat Veterans for Truth close this topic.

CASE CLOSED!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: