SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBV's, you must respond to this one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's My Response to the Article:

To: Views@phillynews.com
Subj: You Are Whistling Through the Graveyard!

This is in direct response to "The Boo Brothers: Anti-Kerry Vets are shooting blanks." posted Aug. 17, 2004.

It is a mesmeratical tactic to limit the scope of the SwiftVet efforts to the Presidential Election. SwiftVets involves issues in the context of a space of 33 years. Attempts to dismiss SwiftVets on the basis that none, exlcuding Steve Gardner, physically served on the same boat - however, John Kerry never physically served on any of their boats either - yet, Congress, in 1971, allowed him to testify of their activities. Our American sense of jurisprudence, given this precedent set in 1971, should mandate a fair and equitable hearing. It was at the Congressional hearing of 1971 where John Kerry labeled all our members of the Armed Forces as "War Criminals" and Congress allowed it without one shred of evidence - no documentation, snap-shots, film footage or sworn affidavits! With this unfounded label and the help of the media - Vietnam War Veterans have been overtalked, shouted at, maliciously portrayed by the media and the entertainment industry in movies and documentaries - and worse all - they have been denied a fair and equitable hearing by our U.S. Congress in order to have the label "War Criminal" forever renounced and have our dignity and honor restored before the public's eye. We would also urge our Congress to condemn any future portrayals of the Vietnam War Veterans as "War Criminals" by any group of malicious or nonmalicious character. You can clearly see the judicial deficit that has existed for a long time. Both President Bush and Presidential Candidate John Kerry will have to deal with this issue.

It is a mistake to view SwiftVets as a Bush driven attack machine against Kerry. Supporters of SwiftVets are composed of VETERANS representing all party affiliations across the line and this support comes in the form of financial backing and via volunteering their time. Speaking for myself, a Democrat of 25 years, withdraw from my party affiliation shortly after viewing James Carville's behavior on "Crossfire" and resolved to remove myself from the Democratic Party - don't assume that I re-registered as a Republican. To isolate a single financier that is a Republican is a premeditated ploy to maliciously mischaracterize SwiftVet's efforts. President Bush can't condemn us or stifle us because it's none of his business as we exercise our God given rights! We regret that the exercise of our free speech should cause him any embarrassment or should serve to dampen his election year - but, this is between the Vietnam War Veterans and Kerry, and not Bush - and, for us to see the likes of Kerry to achieve the highest office in the land would be the ultimate slap in the face of every veteran that has either served in Vietnam or during the Vietnam era!

I am also opposed to the unwarranted desparaging references to those who have and are serving in the Reserves - these members enlisted with the expectation of making themselves available for military service - and any reference, other than honorable, is malicious in its intent and will not go without a counter statement from me.

If the public thinks that SwiftVets and their supporters, representing a large population of Vietnam War Veterans and their friends, is going to fizzle out after the election - you are whistling through the graveyard!

Respectfully Yours,

Robert Cooper
Veteran - USN, Attack Squadron 34 (1971-1977)
Tulsa, OK
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

Why is Kerry making such a series of spectacular blunders?

Because he's phenomenally bad at understanding other human beings.

I'm not just saying this because I dislike him. There's something really odd about him.

For example, months ago, the Swifties told him to stop using their picture. Does he stop? No. Does he realize he might have some enemies in this quarter? Apparently it doesn't occur to him, and he leaves his campaign entirely unprepared.

It's extremely strange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: