SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon.com not shipping "Unfit for Comand"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Yes, Publisher *IS* Sold out of First printing Reply with quote

Regnery publishing is now on its THIRD PRINT RUN of the book UNFIT FOR COMMAND, and I personally think they will have to go to a FOURTH print run. Someone asked if the publisher is sold out. YES, they are. And they are already printing them like mad.

Also, note that Amazon.com has a very prickly stocking policy. (I have my own spy novel COLD PEACE on Amazon.) Amazon will tell the publisher to send X copies -- no more, no less -- in a very bureaucratic system. So if Regnery sends X copies, then Amazon needs X+Y copies, Amazon is also caught flat-footed without enough copies.

Therefore, if Amazon receives 100 copies and sells 101, the 101st buyer will be (conservatively) told that the order could take 3-6 weeks. HOWEVER, Amazon will send Regnery a request for more copies (just as they do for my book every now and then). As SOON as Regnery sends another shipment, Amazon will immediately ship them to you.

So, I have no doubt that you will NOT have to wait until October for your book! They will not promise it any sooner. However, as soon as Regnery delivers more books, as fast as they can print them, you'll get your copy. So I would pay no attention to the date they promise you. You'll get it as fast as Regnery can print them and Amazon can process them, not when Amazon tells you.

Ironically, you will actually HELP the situation if you order more books (if you are wavering on whether to buy). The number of firm orders will help everyone along the chain make a firm decision as to how many books to print, to make sure that there are enough.

What they don't want is to have extra books laying around in January while George Bush is taking the oath of office for a second term. All these extra books will (in their fears) end up being door stops.

So if you are on the fence, GO AHEAD AND PLACE YOUR ORDER. When Amazon tells Regnery exactly how many books they need, Regnery will print the correct number, and you'll get them all. You'll get them faster if everyone goes ahead and places their order now, so that the publisher can plan the right number to print. And you'll get them faster if Amazon does not play its "twenty questions" guessing game as to how many books it will "ALLOW" the publisher to ship to Amazon. If Amazon can give an accurate number to be shipped to Amazon, these will arrive all in one shipment rather than agonizing, small waves. That will speed up delivery.
A.R. Peter LaFond
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered my copy a couple of weeks ago, and received it this morning. Started reading it at noon, finished a few minutes ago.

I feel like my head is going to explode.

Pride Runs Deep!
Retired Senior Chief Radioman. Served in the United States Submarine Force for 23 years, from September 1960 to May 1983. Thank you SwiftVets for exposing John Kerry for the dispicable human that he is.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I just got an email,stating that the first orders were shipped,and since it's a #1 best seller,our orders will be filled as they were taken. Can't wait to get mine! Smile
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on vacation on 8/15 when "Unfit..." came out and coaxed my husband stop at every bookstore in every town we went through on the way home. Didn't get the book AND it took a long time to get home! Most claimed to be sold out within an hour of opening. Came home and ordered it from the local bookstore. It's expected in a day or so. Sure hope so, can't wait to read it. Thanks Swifties, you came through for us again!
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I just got mine ! I'm already reading. I'm so glad that the TRUTH on Kerry is coming out! Every show on Fox is talking about it. When one sounds "doubtful" I shoot them a letter, straightening their butt out! Very Happy
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm......ordered from amazon dot com on 8/6 ...... expected shipping date = 8/26-8/28.

Ordered two additional copies from booksamillion dot com to give away for my site's sports pools ....... they said it ships tomorrow ....... Question You be the judge.
Caleb Flerk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered "Unfit for Command" and Tommy Franks book, "American Soldier" from Amazon on Sun, Aug 14. Amazon emailed me Aug 15 saying the book would ship Aug 25-28.

Friday, Aug 19 I received both books along with an email saying my order had been shipped! They must have their hands full shipping orders for this one.

Read the book this morning. It is without doubt a stunning indictment of a man who has no place in American politics. His behavior in Vietnam was bad enough, but what he did after 1970 was even worse in terms of the impact it had on American history.

Listening to the "usual suspects" trying to defend him is like watching a poor hapless tailor trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Can't be done.

Congratulations to Joh O'Neill and Jerome Corsi for a job WELL DONE!
xracer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Unfit for Command Reply with quote

I ordered mine 3o July and received it today from Amazon.
shamrockgreen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This book was not release until 8-15. Any copy ordered before 8-15 is considered a Pre order. Pre Orders are packed and shipped immediately upon arrival to the warehouse. Many of these books are sitting in the Post Office labeled "do not deliver until 8-15 " A book can not be delivered to you until the release date. Those who ordered eariler will get theirs soon than those who ordered later.

I am sure the published and book distributors had no idea the demand this book would create in the marketplace.

Well done SwiftVets !!

Not only do we get TRUTH, we get a shinning example of Capitalism.
Howitzer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine at a local book store...they are going like hot cakes....(clintons book there as well but they are gathering a lot of dust)...Great Book... good job SBVT Laughing
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon.com not shipping "Unfit for Comand" Reply with quote

DenisC wrote:
I ordered "Unfit...." July 28, and Amazon says I will not receive before Oct. Are they doing this to all?

My order also shows ordered July 28 and delivery scheduled for Sept. 30-Oct. 2.

Funny thing is, there are used copies now popping up for sale in Amazon.com Markertplace.

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered and am awaiting "Tour of Duty" (Amazon "Used and New" so I got it cheap and didn't add to the "sales volume").

The reason is that I think we should ALL read it.

It is clearly the source for many of the "Unfit for Command" references and we might find even more.

(I found Kerry's .50 lie that has been out there for 34 years just this week and have never seen it mentioned before.)

You will also notice the Kerry/demo-true-believers will NOT read "Unfit for Command" and it makes it nearly impossible for them to argue effectively -- all they can say is "Lie" but not "WHY".

Last edited by Herb on Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
baltimore kid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: just got mine Reply with quote

The US Mail delivered my copy about an hour ago from Amazon. As a USMC 'Nam vet i'm chilling 2 Buds in the freezer and drawing a warm bath to which i shall retire and begin reading
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: just got mine Reply with quote

baltimore kid wrote:
The US Mail delivered my copy about an hour ago from Amazon. As a USMC 'Nam vet i'm chilling 2 Buds in the freezer and drawing a warm bath to which i shall retire and begin reading

Got a tap-tap . . TAP TAP on my door. And there was a guy with a box. And in the box were Patterson's book and Unfit for Command, just like I'd ordered from Amazon. So - they delivered. Old English or Fosters Bitter - mmm.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:

You will also notice the Kerry/demo-true-believers will NOT read "Unfit for Command"

Sure they will. Remember Michelle Malkin saying she had to ask for her book back? I'm thinking these press goons are in some kind of gulag - and hungry for news from the outside. Unfit for Command - someone's got a copy? Who? Where? Can I read it? No . . Michelle . . no. Don't take it away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: